IGNORED

Englishman attempts suicide at Penthouse hotel in South Pattaya

LaaMok

Attempted Suicide at Penthouse hotel Pattaya

Over the weekend a Bangkok Hospital Pattaya Ambulance was called to the Penthouse hotel located in Soi Pattayaland 2 in South Pattaya to deal with an English Tourist who had apparently attempted to take his own life. Medical Staff were directed to room number 309 where they found Mr. William Nenis aged 41 from England. He was found next to the bed on the floor. Major blood loss had taken place due to deep lacerations on both of his wrists. A blood stained knife was also found on the floor. It also appeared that Mr. Nenis had attempted to hang himself with a bed sheet. He was in a serious condition and was rushed to Hospital. We understand that instructions were given to the hotel Manager to contact the victims Brother in England should anything happen to him. A note was left with him; however he would not reveal its contents to us. We understand Mr. Nenis is currently under close observation at Hospital and the British Embassy in Bangkok is aware of the case.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/14252/englishman-attempts-suicide-at-fantasy-hotel-in-south-pattaya/

Sad news when anyone attempts suicide. Especially, when it is in such a fun place like Pattaya. My parents always told me this: Before you make a mountain out of a mole hill, think. Will what is upsetting you be remembered next year, next month or, even, next week? If not, move on to the next fun experience in life. Also, got a lot from this saying, "today is the first day of the rest of your life so make it a good one!"

I hope the best for this gentleman and that he gets better and gets help.

Have a Great Day,

Evades

I just can't understand why people do this kind of thing. He obviously gave no concern to the staff or even guests at the Penthouse hotel. Imagine staying at a hotel with the police, ambulance crews etc. running around trying to do their jobs in a blood splattered room. It's the sort of thing that would spoil your holiday for sure.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Sad news when anyone attempts suicide. Especially, when it is in such a fun place like Pattaya. My parents always told me this: Before you make a mountain out of a mole hill, think. Will what is upsetting you be remembered next year, next month or, even, next week? If not, move on to the next fun experience in life. Also, got a lot from this saying, "today is the first day of the rest of your life so make it a good one!"

I hope the best for this gentleman and that he gets better and gets help.

Have a Great Day,

Evades

wise words...whenever the shit hits the fun i just try to brush it off and forget about it...lifes too short to worry about silly things.....

"there is no trouble in the world which is greater than the power you have within you for overcoming it"

LIVE THE DREAM !!

so do u tie the rope or slit ur wrists first? lol sorry....

how can u hang urself in the land of smiles man, at least wait till ur shipped back to ur own shitty country...

experience is the mother of wisdom

I just can't understand why people do this kind of thing. He obviously gave no concern to the staff or even guests at the Penthouse Hotel.

Pattaya should have a designated suicide area, there are more fun ways to die, like start firing blanks at a policeman

Pattaya should have a designated suicide area, there are more fun ways to die, like start firing blanks at a policeman

I know what you mean, however there's just something about the image of a blood splattered room in the Penthouse hotel that makes it all a bit too real.

My sources tell me that a Pattaya Addicts members card was amongst the bundle of cards found in his wallet.

Mmmn..I'll hang fire on the attempted suicide opinion for now.

OK, I admit I made the PA card bit up. I'm sure relations between Penthouse and PA haven't sunk to that level yet!

Seriously...wishing the guy a full recovery and hoping he discovers that there is an awful lot still to live for whilst you are in Patts.

I'm sure Dexter would see right through that, no problem!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I know what you mean, however there's just something about the image of a blood splattered room in the Penthouse Hotel that makes it all a bit too real.

Explain what you mean by this comment?

Suicide why if its money go home ,get sent home save more money come back if it’s a TG get another one can’t see eney other problems of importance in los afraid I feel sorry for the ambulance crew and condo staff not him if you want to commit suicide do it where it does not affect others like mid night at the crocodile farm :Agree1::)

People have always suicided and always will ... but I agree that there is a better time and place than that of the OP.

Pills wouldn't be quite so messy, and you could go with a smile on your face if you choose the right ones.

I have heard the indoor shooting range is another popular farang offing spot.

I just can't understand why people do this kind of thing. He obviously gave no concern to the staff or even guests at the Penthouse Hotel. Imagine staying at a hotel with the police, ambulance crews etc. running around trying to do their jobs in a blood splattered room. It's the sort of thing that would spoil your holiday for sure.

For a doctor-youre remarkably stupid.Have you never heard of depression?

For a doctor-youre remarkably stupid.Have you never heard of depression?

Perhaps you should try a search on Dr. Winston O'Boogie. Google or Yahoo should suffice before you start calling other people stupid.

Al.

ha ha ha the OP comment was the best remark i have ever heard!!!!!!!

am i :P:):Number1a: banned ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

A few facts and then we should think about drawing the line on this one and even removing from the forum. Some of the comments might be humourous but, they are inappropriate and, could be harmful.

The sick young man had been staying at the hotel for more than 2 weeks and kept extending his stay. He was due to fly home. He has since been released from hospital and might still be walking the streets of Pattaya.

The hotel acted as best they could and were complimented by the British Embassy. They even sent flowers to the hospital with a note to the young man wishing him all the best with starting a new life. Whatever we personally think about the hotel this is not really a time to be knocking it. The hotel team, just like all hotels in Pattaya, spend 365 days a year really trying hard to take care of guests. Sometimes, this is not an easy town to live in or visit and, staying strong, takes a lot of will power.

A few facts and then we should think about drawing the line on this one and even removing from the forum. Some of the comments might be humourous but, they are inappropriate and, could be harmful.

The sick young man had been staying at the hotel for more than 2 weeks and kept extending his stay. He was due to fly home. He has since been released from hospital and might still be walking the streets of Pattaya.

The Hotel acted as best they could and were complimented by the British Embassy. They even sent flowers to the hospital with a note to the young man wishing him all the best with starting a new life. Whatever we personally think about the hotel this is not really a time to be knocking it. The hotel team, just like all hotels in Pattaya, spend 365 days a year really trying hard to take care of guests. Sometimes, this is not an easy town to live in or visit and, staying strong, takes a lot of will power.

Many people attempt suicide in Pattaya and unfortunately some succeed, it is not something we should shy away from. Some time back a young Finnish fellow opened up his heart on this forum and his despair was obvious to anyone with half a brain who saw the article. Several posters on here gave him advice and sympathy. He was not specific as to the cause of his hopelessness and desperation but he sounded as if he was at a very low ebb and hinted that he had contemplated ending his misery in the only way that seemed possible at him at the time.

It would be heart warming to think that those who offered him encouragement on this forum at this time in his life succeeded in their endeavours. Some would be suicides cannot verbally open their hearts to others and just end their lives. This chap at least could write about his predicament and total strangers did their best to talk him out of his intentions and he later thanked them all for it. By removing the subject from the forum is sweeping the issue under the carpet.

In this chap's case he possibly could not face having to return to a cold, miserable existence in broken Britain, a sweetheart could had deserted him or a thousand and one other things could have made him do this. Let's hope he can now pull himself together and face the future with a more positive attitude. It is inevitable that some will crack jokes about such an affair but others will show concern and sympathy.

Edited by yogi100

Doctor told me anyone in the world including you can snap into depression anytime.. Depressions is a terrible illness , most people with depressions had to carry that illness for years without cure. I think Ireland is among the most sucuidal death in Europe with Sweden on top. I make no jokes or smart comments for those people who tried to kill themselves but have great sympathy for them. I know a few of Irish people living in my town top themselves due to their depressions.

why do so many people kill themselves in patts?

It is the same as Las Vegas.. People losing jobs,Losing family member by death , marriage breakdown, depressions,ETC, goes out there to try forget those things but didn't work out..

I just can't understand why people do this kind of thing. He obviously gave no concern to the staff or even guests at the Penthouse Hotel. Imagine staying at a hotel with the police, ambulance crews etc. running around trying to do their jobs in a blood splattered room. It's the sort of thing that would spoil your holiday for sure.

This has got to be the most insensitive statement I've heard for a long time. To suggest that a human being whom is in so much pain that he overcomes the survival instinct & commits suicide, is expected to show concern regarding other people's minor inconveniences, is frankly offensive!

It suggests a degree of selfishness & lack of empathy that is bordering on psychopathic.

As for other's comments about your standing as a moderator & vast experience of Thailand. These are nothing but arguments from authority & hold no weight in the current discussion.

Peace.

I don't think a person committing suicide would be very concerned about the aftermath of their act

Very concisely put & possibly better articulated than myself.

Having suffered with clinical depression, a complete misnomer, in my youth, I can attest to it's devastating effects. It is not feeling 'a bit down' or 'depressed'. It is the complete absence of positive emotions. Every aspect of your life becomes devoid of feeling. Some say that you are a shell without a soul. The pleasure that we usually derive from normal social interaction, is replaced by a frightening anxiety that renders one incapable of enjoying the basic aspects of love, friendships & work.

Peace.

sgu_banner.gif

This has got to be the most insensitive statement I've heard for a long time. To suggest that a human being whom is in so much pain that he overcomes the survival instinct & commits suicide, is expected to show concern regarding other people's minor inconveniences, is frankly offensive!

It suggests a degree of selfishness & lack of empathy that is bordering on psychopathic.

As for other's comments about your standing as a moderator & vast experience of Thailand. These are nothing but arguments from authority & hold no weight in the current discussion.

Peace.

I was drawing attention to the selfish aspect of somebody commiting suicide, having experienced the loss of somebody close to me this way personally. After the event the aftermath is often endured by the people who were close to the deceased for a long time and I don't personally see what those staff must have endured afterwards as 'minor inconveniences'. It does not mean that I have no empathy with the person who attempted to take their own life. I also have empathy for those immediately affected by his decision.