Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

where is best most expensive place to eat...

suffolkcouple

The Oriental in Bangkok is pretty whiz bang with their cuisine. I stayed there with a few folks I took through Bangkok for work and they are fussy f*****s. Like sexy said, u dont need to spend that money in LOS but each to their own, enjoy your time and do it YOUR way.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

im guessing our first week in bangkok will be eating and shopping and the last 10 days in pattaya will be hectic

SUFFOLK COUPLE

still in business in pattaya

but not a bar

• 9 months later...

Dude i know this was like 10 months ago you posted but why don't you fill us in on what you finally did with the 70,000 to 100,000 baht. I mean did you take your wifey to dinner?

Buy her diamonds?

Buy her Thai gold?

Buy her a Tuk Tuk?

Tell us. Me i went to Bennihanna and spent like 20,000 baht. I learned a expensive lesson. NEVER AGAIN>

There is plenty of delicous food in Pattaya, Bangkok and other places.

I had the crab in Lop Buri last December and it was soo fresh and delicious. Better than any restaurant i've ever ever eaten in the world at many different prices.

So fill us in man.

what did you finally do.

KETIH

• 1 year later...

Try The State Tower[sirocco] on the 64th floor in BKK it is world class

• 3 weeks later...
while were over im looking for a top restaurant to take the other half for a night out.

dont mind if its in bangkok or pattaya

looking to spend 70'000 to 100'000 baht between us both inc wine etc.

any ideas anyone?

I like Casa Pascal and Brunos but you would be hard pressed to spend that kind of money, of course your wine and cognac selection can help you achive your figure.

If you like Sushi Fuji in Big C or the one on the tip floor of royal garden plaza can run up quite a "check bin" if you chose the priciest.

How about the Clift hotel.

Don Perignon champagne will get you in the high numbers "leo leo"..... :GoldenSmile1:

Wine improves with age. The older I get the better I like it.

You only as old as the girl you feel.

In Pattaya, your her customer not her boyfriend.

• 7 months later...

Steak house on top of either the Marriot in Bkk or the top floor restaurant at the land mark also in Bkk,,,

The Conrad has some very nice places to eat...

In Pattaya, check out Toscana Dusit 2 or Sheraton, All 3 have great food and Wine Selections

• 1 month later...

for me, Manhattan's is one of the best, Bruno's might be more expensive but Mahattan's is better all around....

Joe's get-it-n-go tacos! Always fresh...

• 4 weeks later...

the 5 star buffet at dusit which night

The Banyan Tree Restaurant and Vertigo Bar - see link here:

http://www.banyantree.com/bangkok/facilities/dining/vertigo.html

I did like you once with Jit from Ubon - a relationship which derailed but should have not - see Travels with Frank / COnfessions

Reading individual reviews there are other good places as well but this is an experience above Dusit Thani in my view because of the rooftop location and view

EDITED IN: 55555555 - I now realize the original request for information is from Dec 2006.........., oh, well it was a good meal anyway.

Edited by Frank La Rue

Maybe they need to open a Fat Duck restaurant in Pattaya and Bangkok/ That way, you can go the whole hog of spending over £700 (for 2) on a meal and the rest of the night puking your guts up.

Courtesy of BBC News:

More than 500 diners who suffered food poisoning after eating at Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck restaurant have been offered a free meal.

A norovirus outbreak hit the Michelin-starred establishment in Berkshire for six weeks in January and February.

Although the restaurant denied lapses in its food preparation, health investigators criticised its response in a recent report.

The chef has written to affected diners apologising for the "bad experience".

During the norovirus outbreak, diners reported bouts of vomiting and diarrhoea.

Mr Blumenthal, who presents cookery shows on television, initially said tests at the restaurant had ruled out food poisoning.

diner who fell ill, Debra Drake, said the offer should have come sooner.

Ms Drake, a deputy head teacher from Ilfracombe, Devon, said she had spent more than £700 for dinner for two as a birthday surprise for her husband.

She said: "We did have a fabulous evening and I do appreciate that if he has suppliers that supply him with contaminated food.

"I feel slightly sorry that it isn't his fault. But if the meal had been offered earlier it would have been better."

In its report released earlier this month, the Health Protection Agency said the norovirus was probably introduced via shellfish.

But it said the outbreak of food poisoning was worsened by the Bray restaurant's "delayed response".

Investigators noted several weaknesses in the restaurant's procedures at the establishment in Bray which may have lead to the spread of the virus.

These included a delayed response to the illness, staff working when they should have been off sick and the use of the wrong environmental cleaning products.

The Fat Duck, which closed for more than two weeks while tests were carried out, reopened in March

Presumably, the free meal offer comes with the guarantee of another night hugging the toilet bowl.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men