IGNORED

Spy cameras evolving...

Cerberus

Could someone please educate this stupid Russian (me :) )? What damage can be done and why everybody prohibit taking video/photo?

because nakedness in go go bars or sexual activity for money is illegal in Thailand and bars/gogo's etc can be closed down if exposed

what is going on here,a detective cameras in bars and gogos¡.Getting these cameras into bars and gogos will help any boby though it will be difficult to control.

• 1 month later...

I was curious about these cameras - for a completely unrelated reason - and I looked into them. Increasingly, they are claiming higher and higher resolution but this does not translate into any sort of reasonable image. You can search around and look at sample footage for these things. They really do better as devices to record what happened, not to record images... Image quality is abysmal even in excellent lighting and filming conditions, so anyone taking this to a gogo will not get anything remotely worthwhile.

As far as 'disguise' goes, the watch camera and glasses camera are just so weird looking they draw attention to themselves from far away. Not well disguised at all.

That said, you really want to stay away from filming nudity in Thailand, unless you are paying off the cops in a big way like the creampiethais guy, etc. You can search around for stories of guys trying to film their time with a girl and ending up getting extorted big bucks by the cops. Your 1K ST can easily end up being a 30K+ LT.

Oddly enough, I would like to get just regular clothed pics of some of the girls I've been with, but I feel kinda weird asking... as if they were cattle and I'm taking pic for inventory. So I rarely even have regular pics of girls unless I've been with them longer or they gave me some pics themselves.

...also... I usually carry my dSLR with me while traveling and if I don't stop by my hotel, the dSLR goes with me to gogos, etc as well. While I never attempted to take any pics, staff and girls did see that I had a camera with me and they had no problem with just having it there. Same thing with other tourists carrying their SLRs. Overall, I think they are being quite reasonable in this respect and they can always lay down the law if someone breaks the rule and snaps a pic.

No worries, the solution is for all customers to be stripped naked, by teams of enthusiastic young ladies similarly-costumed in their Birthday-Suits, immediately upon entry into your bar or other establishment. This will ensure no embarrassing videos are made, and also a very-enthusiastic set of customers, I suspect ? :GoldenSmile1:

Perhaps the city-authorities might consider extending this solution throughout Pattaya, with border-posts being established, at all major points-of-entry to the city ? I for one would be willing to reluctantly-volunteer as a test-subject for training the lady-squads ! Are there any other BMs willing to put themselves forward, for this hazardous duty ? :Grin_Jump1:

However, in order to maintain the 'tone' of our world-famous Walking-Street, tourists wishing to enter must first put on grubby T-Shirts & revealingly-ripped shorts.

:Chokdee:

It’s been brought to my attention that there are many of these little spy cams being brought into bars and gogos. Now I haven’t seen one come into the Den yet, but we all know the damage that can be done by videos taken on your premises, and what’s bad for one business is generally going to be bad for all.

So if you can’t find one yourself, PM me, and I’ll make available a free color copy of this handy guide for any Pattaya Business owner to leave with your front door staff.

Cerberus, have to ask you if you have any idea of the prices for these spy-cams and where to buy.

Would never use them in LOS for taking pics or vids of the ladies - if i want a pic i will ask the lady and if ok use my DSLR, but in my office (and in the office of a friend of mine) here in Denmark, things are just dissapearing, so here i think the spy-cam could be very useful.

If you dont want to inform me on yhe board you are more thann welcome to PM me.

Happy New Year to You, Seh Dum and all the Imps

Everyone has the right to my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

In Akihabara, Tokyo is where you will find high-quality and custom made spy cameras.

Beware of the shoe up-skirt cams:

500x_Omejo2.jpg

Why a normal punter would go to all this effort to film something is beyond me.

The "normal punter" isn't the threat (although regular guys streaming stuff up to you tube type sites would create problems).

The threat comes from farangs that have gotten stitched up with the BiB and must redeem themselves by going into places while "wired up" as part of a targeted operation. Played well this sort of thing could get lots of money moving the wrong direction. And it wouldn't necessarily be restricted to LE shenanigans -- business owners could just as easily use the technology to put it to their competition.

Paranoid? Maybe. But don't discount Kissinger's well-known view of paranoia.

The "normal punter" isn't the threat (although regular guys streaming stuff up to you tube type sites would create problems).

The threat comes from farangs that have gotten stitched up with the BiB and must redeem themselves by going into places while "wired up" as part of a targeted operation. Played well this sort of thing could get lots of money moving the wrong direction. And it wouldn't necessarily be restricted to LE shenanigans -- business owners could just as easily use the technology to put it to their competition.

Paranoid? Maybe. But don't discount Kissinger's well-known view of paranoia.

Interesting stuff mate.

Never thought of it like that.

Whole different world to being a two week millionare looking for the sweetest peice of hot arse without an attitude problem :)

• 2 weeks later...

AFAIK - For even reasonable video quality, good lighting and a good lens are essential. The lenses on these gadgets or phones, together with the low redish light in GoGos conspire to defeat the wankers (literally) who think it must be a good idea to risk losing their equipment to capture the moment.

On a sunny afternoon on Beach Road perhaps.

Yes, in such low light environment what ever they record would be with such low quality that prolly nothing may be distingushes but little action.

If you invest in a wireless camera viewer (catches wireless frequency and views what that camera views) or RF detector you can stop people from using the spy cameras. Some of the businesses I work for use them regularly because the computers I work on have sensitive information. All it really costs is about $30-50 USD for a personal RF detector or around $250 for a wireless camera viewer and you can keep your business protected.

There's no need to risk being caught with wireless stuff. The darkness of those places is much better than a sign on the main door

Man is the only animal that can establish a friendly relationship with his victims

• 1 month later...

Thanks to the muppets using these small devices, I've downloaded some interesting vids recently from Youtube:

Baccara, Heavens above, Beach Club, Happy Agogo, Iron Club and X-zone to name but a few.

One regular guy to pattaya even takes requests of your fav gogo's.

Those that aren't in Pattaya seem to like it, but is it really a good thing to do? Think not.

Thanks to the muppets using these small devices, I've downloaded some interesting vids recently from Youtube:

Baccara, Heavens above, Beach Club, Happy Agogo, Iron Club and X-zone to name but a few.

One regular guy to pattaya even takes requests of your fav gogo's.

Those that aren't in Pattaya seem to like it, but is it really a good thing to do? Think not.

You're not wrong. Here is one from Kitten Club but to me it looks like she is dancing to the camera, well aware it is there. The quality also looks too good to be a little spycam!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/up6QThW26bg" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/up6QThW26bg" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

I would love to challenge her on "Dance,Dance Revolution". :D

images 1.jpg

Edited by ExpatDave

You're not wrong. Here is one from Kitten Club but to me it looks like she is dancing to the camera, well aware it is there. The quality also looks too good to be a little spycam!

Have to agree on this. Looks more like this was allowed by the place, seeing as there is no nudity it really doesn't give too much trouble. Almost the opposite as they now get some free advertisement and has evidence out that show nothing bad is going on ;)

Have to agree on this. Looks more like this was allowed by the place, seeing as there is no nudity it really doesn't give too much trouble. Almost the opposite as they now get some free advertisement and has evidence out that show nothing bad is going on ;)

Good point, and you won't see any nudity on YouTube.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Good point, and you won't see any nudity on YouTube.

Which could be why I can't find any of x zone

RULES

1NQq.gif

I would say almost 100% not a spycam.

First the guy is using zoom a lot (have not see a spycam with zoom before) also he is following her around on stage keeping her in frame.

Great footage though. Thanks for sharing. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I know a lot about cheap commercially available "spy" cameras, although I don't use them for spying. I use them for RC aircraft. They have to be very small and light. The ones I use are either recording to flash memory onboard, or transmitting.

These key fob cameras are very popular and cheap right now. Including micro SD memory, under $20. 640x480 30fps, up to a couple of hours video per card.

http://chucklohr.com/808/

• 4 weeks later...

I've always been a bit worried a club might try to videotape costumers and blackmail them. Has this ever happened?

I would love to see someone tryin to blackmail me, really. :Hello::P

I've always been a bit worried a club might try to videotape costumers and blackmail them. Has this ever happened?

If she aint whoring she's boring!

It's nice to be nice :)

Let's see how that would go. " Mr. we have video of you Boom Boom girl." LOL I would like 5 copies myself, I would answer.....

Your in Thailand and you think this would be shocking news? URGENT NEWS With Shocking Video ::: Farang Bangs a Bar Girl...film at 10...

There are two primary choices in life;

to accept conditions as they exist,

or accept the responsibility for changing them.

One thing that most people do not realise is the amount of trouble you can attract for yourself by getting caught filming in a gogo bar (and I don't just mean given a talking to and thrown out, trust me they will be quite brutal with you and you will remember the encounter for quite some time).

Not to mention that gogo's are tolerated in LOS and if the movies turn up on YouTube it only serves as proof for the police to go and shut them down, and for what personal gain are you getting out of it by destroying 40 girls livelihoods by doing a selfish act like that. This is why the bar owners keep up to date with all the new technologies. Remember if you saw it first in the web so did they and show it to their staff and bouncers.

My advice is to simply not do it

• 4 weeks later...

Now that one might just work.

There was quite a long thread about a year ago on this, also including an ad' for the gadgets available from Tukcom.

I do understand all the reasons why the publication of such footage could be bad for bar owners, customers who shouldn't be there and girls who tell their families they work in beauty salons etc etc.

However, can anyone say they've seen such footage, taken with one of these gadgets or a mobile phone, which was actually viewable. I've never read of any being on the internet anywhere. Correct me if I'm wrong?

AFAIK - For even reasonable video quality, good lighting and a good lens are essential. The lenses on these gadgets or phones, together with the low redish light in GoGos conspire to defeat the wankers (literally) who think it must be a good idea to risk losing their equipment to capture the moment.

On a sunny afternoon on Beach Road perhaps.

I have been a Private Investigator and while never having filmed in Thailand I have done so in the US at many bars and clubs with high quality footage and no one ever knew or suspected. Not that hard.

I have three spycams and believe me, they are only cute but not so much useful. I got two spywatches (Israeli- and Japanese-type), and a pen. Worst of them got 8GB memory.

First, the quality is poor.

Second, operation is cumbersome. People who understand what you brought can easily distinguish it as having a spy cam. Hint: Something flashes when you start to use it. Bugger.

Third, the video recording is timed, or it will crash (hang indefinitely). You wouldn't want that to happen to you while on your fave position, ain't you?

Fourth, you cannot use them in poor lighting conditions. Bar hopping with these stuffs won't be that cool if you intend to record your adventure.

Chances are, when you get spotted, you will either end up in jail or in the nearest garbage bin of that bar.