Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Spy cameras evolving...

Cerberus

It’s been brought to my attention that there are many of these little spy cams being brought into bars and gogos. Now I haven’t seen one come into the Den yet, but we all know the damage that can be done by videos taken on your premises, and what’s bad for one business is generally going to be bad for all.

So if you can’t find one yourself, PM me, and I’ll make available a free color copy of this handy guide for any Pattaya Business owner to leave with your front door staff.

Devils Den Camera Guide Jan.\'10.jpg

Will that mean the staff will now allow entrance to anyone wearing a watch, tie, belt, hat, sunglasses, necklace, pen in the pocket etc etc.......could be awkward.....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Look out for this one.... Its a camera disguised as a camera! So obvious that no one would even suspect!

hvrz1u_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OMG!! thats a camera! no way!, concealing and hiding things have gotten so much better in 2010 !

Posted Image

Not sure if this will work on the new ones as it seems to be geared to pinhole style cameras in rooms

The Spy Warehouse - Compact Bug Detector (Powered by CubeCart)

and

http://www.spyreview.co.uk/2007/04/23/spyfinder-hidden-camera-detector-locator/

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

It’s been brought to my attention that there are many of these little spy cams being brought into bars and gogos. Now I haven’t seen one come into the Den yet, but we all know the damage that can be done by videos taken on your premises, and what’s bad for one business is generally going to be bad for all.

So if you can’t find one yourself, PM me, and I’ll make available a free color copy of this handy guide for any Pattaya Business owner to leave with your front door staff.

Devils Den Camera Guide Jan.\'10.jpg

thanks for sharing i will now go and get a few items

how stupid putting it on here

people that did not know about them now do

how to open the flood gates yes

:GoldenSmile1:

Edited by loneranger

Says a lot about the quality of business owner and their business if worried about things like this. And you have absolutely NO WAY of stopping it and your chart is only halfway there.

Guess which bar is gonna be the first to install the new generation of airport body scanner?

Such paranoia.

Edited by DJ NRG

An egg is always an adventure: the next one might be different

Maybe a small out of sight camera might just EXPOSE some of the rip offs were getting more and more of around here..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

looking at that, i can't see how it can be stopped.. I for one wouldnt want to be subjected to thorough searches at the doors of every bar and gogo.

the end result doesnt bother me too much though, as i dont realy care too much about titty shows and bananas being put in some girls fanny by a 50 year old bloke. In fact, increasingly i dont even take girls from bars and gogos anymore.

I imagine we will see lots more videos uploaded to the internet in coming years showing what takes place in some of the pattaya gogos and bars.

ultimatly I think the bar owners will loose this battle.

Every year the technology gets better..

We're still on Mk1 human eyes and Mk1 common sense.

Though law enforcement seems to be significantly behind the curse on most modern technology.

Why a normal punter would go to all this effort to film somethign is beyond me.

Edited by hazze

The man was trying to let other bar owners know of new devices that are around and to be a bit careful... Over paranoia? I doubt it. Since this sort of footage can have a business shut down for 3 months, longer, or indefinitely.... How would you like if your paycheck stopped for 3 months because of some knob head thinking he is cool. I personally go to establishments for my personal fun, not to broadcast it, so why risk getting your favorite gogo bar or establishment closed down because you wanted to broadcast it???

The government is well aware of what is going on, the rules are in place to keep it contained.... Sorta like the Gov is saying, it is here, you know it is here, come have fun, but dont make it available for everyone who is not here to experience it.

Stupid bell ends that do this sort of thing are going to be the ones that F it up for everyone.

Look out for this one.... Its a camera disguised as a camera! So obvious that no one would even suspect!

Now that one might just work.

There was quite a long thread about a year ago on this, also including an ad' for the gadgets available from Tukcom.

I do understand all the reasons why the publication of such footage could be bad for bar owners, customers who shouldn't be there and girls who tell their families they work in beauty salons etc etc.

However, can anyone say they've seen such footage, taken with one of these gadgets or a mobile phone, which was actually viewable. I've never read of any being on the internet anywhere. Correct me if I'm wrong?

AFAIK - For even reasonable video quality, good lighting and a good lens are essential. The lenses on these gadgets or phones, together with the low redish light in GoGos conspire to defeat the wankers (literally) who think it must be a good idea to risk losing their equipment to capture the moment.

On a sunny afternoon on Beach Road perhaps.

If you invest in a wireless camera viewer (catches wireless frequency and views what that camera views) or RF detector you can stop people from using the spy cameras. Some of the businesses I work for use them regularly because the computers I work on have sensitive information. All it really costs is about $30-50 USD for a personal RF detector or around $250 for a wireless camera viewer and you can keep your business protected.

Another possibility that one of the businesses I am contracted with use, they picked up a RF and cell phone jammer for about $150, it jams everything within a 25m radius, and you can get ones that do smaller or larger areas. They work well, but for the cameras that are wired from a piece of clothing or accessory to a small digital video recorder on the person, you would probably have to do a small pat down...it may put some people off but its a classic safety precaution that is pretty fail-safe

I have personally used a tie camera and the video camera glasses before to give it a go, and the little video recorder that goes with the wired ones is a decent size and it would be detected from a simple pat down, but an RF jammer or one of the little spy camera detectors wont pick up a signal from it.

Edited by jamilv

The man was trying to let other bar owners know of new devices that are around and to be a bit careful... Over paranoia? I doubt it. Since this sort of footage can have a business shut down for 3 months, longer, or indefinitely.... How would you like if your paycheck stopped for 3 months because of some knob head thinking he is cool. I personally go to establishments for my personal fun, not to broadcast it, so why risk getting your favorite gogo bar or establishment closed down because you wanted to broadcast it???

The government is well aware of what is going on, the rules are in place to keep it contained.... Sorta like the Gov is saying, it is here, you know it is here, come have fun, but dont make it available for everyone who is not here to experience it.

Stupid bell ends that do this sort of thing are going to be the ones that F it up for everyone.

Spot on. Why would anybody want to knock the OP for wanting to give the heads-up to other business owners? The consequences of illicit filming can be disastrous to a business and spoil things for us all.

As a customer I have no interest in filming the girls inside a go-go bar, I don't want any record of where I have been or what i have been up to.

But on second thoughts filming my bar tab and the number of drinks I have would be handy in a few establishments I can think of.

Still if you like going to any business then it makes sense to follow their rules and for the go-go's not taking photos is one of the very few they have.

• 2 months later...

mobile phone

Be careful with the page Soi6.com , as I remember it is against adsense TOS to have only adsense links on one page. You should check that, they are quick to ban...

Edited by carl braun

Having background in security and surveillance, I would not worry about it too much as yet. Only because this things while are capable of filming to get good quality of film is almost impossible.

Firstly the range is not great, secondly the place would need to have very good light and thirdly resolution on those things is very very low. So while someone could film, it would be a very poor quality film.

Something like filming with a cheap mobile phone at night. Can see some movement but can not make any sense of who and what is going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

Having background in security and surveillance, I would not worry about it too much as yet. Only because this things while are capable of filming to get good quality of film is almost impossible.

Firstly the range is not great, secondly the place would need to have very good light and thirdly resolution on those things is very very low. So while someone could film, it would be a very poor quality film.

Something like filming with a cheap mobile phone at night. Can see some movement but can not make any sense of who and what is going on.

I have to disagree

these spycams have been around years and are getting much better in quality.

Some even have low lux and zero lux capability.

Also infra red for night vision.The quality is much better than that of a mobile

phone and in saying that mobile phones have some great quality cameras nowadays.

All it takes is one idiot to start posting video to Youtube and everyone will suffer.

• 1 month later...

Indeed. I have tried a few spycams, similar to the ones on Cerberus' pic.

Even though their resolution is quite good (640 x 480 or even 1280 x 960!)and they do quite well in daylight, they perform poorly in the darkly lit areas of gogo bars. Even if the camera manages to record something, I don't think it will show enough detail to identify the bar.

All it takes is one idiot to start posting video to Youtube and everyone will suffer.

Really, if the video meets the Youtube rules it won't show anything that would get a bar owner in trouble.

I am not in denial

• 2 weeks later...

hvrz1u_z.jpg

that was a CPT reference i take it?

Maybe a small out of sight camera might just EXPOSE some of the rip offs were getting more and more of around here..

Please expound!!

Johnboy

• 5 months later...

To prevent you privacy from spy cameras,just buy a spy camera jammer,spy camera jammer utilizes unique and intelligent technique that interferes with the 1.2/2.4GHz signals of wireless spy camera and ensures safety environment free from wireless spy camera and body bug. Bluetooth technology is an industry wireless specification standard for use in various devices for short-range communications.

but we all know the damage that can be done by videos taken on your premises, and what’s bad for one business is generally going to be bad for all.

Could someone please educate this stupid Russian (me :) )? What damage can be done and why everybody prohibit taking video/photo?