Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort.

Cicero

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, and I found that it was very well run, the staff were very friendly and helpfull. The facilities were a standard room on the 7th floor, and I had no noise problems and had a very good sleep and comfortable time. The pool on the roof is a bit small, but very nice, and the restuarant food was acceptable. I paid approx 1400, and that did seem a bit pricey, but after my initial mistake of walking down to second road, I spotted the short cut through the avenue mall and was on second road by Soi 13 from the PBR in approx 5 mins. Overall a very nice hotel, no problems with joiners, and a good touch ringing every time one left to check if o.k. the price is a bit of an issue, but I will be back in September and note that the price for the room is 999, so will definitely book in for that price.

I stayed there over the new years period for about 3 days. For me the noise was a big problem, mainly due to the fact that I could hear other people's conversations in the adjacent rooms (pretty clearly aswell).The walls are really thin! I had a deluxe room that was located on the top floor, directly beneath the swimming pool, and in the afternoons there would be a strange whirling noise. The girl at reception told me it was noise from the pool, so I asked if I could change rooms, but they were fully booked.

The rooms are nice and spacious and the restaurant upstairs is nice, but I wouldnt stay there again.

cheers.

I spotted the short cut through the avenue mall and was on second road by Soi 13 from the PBR in approx 5 mins.

5 Mins, bloody hell, did you get lost? :-)

Hi,

Considering staying at the PBR for my next trip to Pattaya end of May and just have a couple of questions regarding the place. I read somewere on here that the rooms have paper thin walls and neighbours conversations and 'activities' can be heard very clearly through the walls. Is this the case in the experience of BMs who have stayed there? Probably gonna go for a deluxe room (if I decide to stay there)....any advice on floor/view etc would be appreciated.

I was also looking at the Flipper Lodge (Soi 7)as another option. Any BMs who have stayed in both have a preference and if so why? Last few trips I have stayed at the Eastiny Plaza (Soi 8) which is a nice place as my usual haunts are on Sois 7 & 8, but thought I'd try somewhere else for a change this time.

Any thoughts/advice much appreciated.

Best regards,

FlipperSoi8

Oops!!!...in my post I meant to say Flipper House, not Flipper Lodge which is on Soi 8. So any comparisons and preferences between the two would be welcomed. The bottom line is that I would like to hear from any BMs that have stayed in both PBR and Flipper House and where they would rather stay given a choice and the reasons why.

Thanks,

FlipperSoi8

Hi,

Considering staying at the PBR for my next trip to Pattaya end of May and just have a couple of questions regarding the place. I read somewhere on here that the rooms have paper thin walls and neighbours' conversations and 'activities' can be heard very clearly through the walls. Is this the case in the experience of BMs who have stayed there?

I'm one of the people who has stayed there and experienced that, plus reverberating corridors and noise from being immediately below the gym. Apart from that, the place is pretty good. The American owner (?Kim) is a nice guy who, I suspect, has loyal friends who defend his hotel from criticism. It's either that or the people who don't hear the noise are so pissed they sleep through it all.

I highly recommend the place, stayed there a few times over the years.

Noise was never an issue for me, so either I was lucky not to be near noisy people or tuned it out. I'm able to tune out a lot of things though, so I really can't say. I stayed in one hotel on Patpong Soi 2 once where the girl kept complaining about people in the hallway being loud and only after she mentioned it did I hear it. I guess working near a flight line has helped me to tune out stuff.

The location was great and the price as well. The rooftop pool was adequate.

It's a must for me to have easy internet access and this place fit the bill with wireless access in the room.

If staying directly in Pattaya this is where I stay. If staying in Jomtien I stay at the Silver Sand Villa (http://www.silversandvilla.com/), which has two great pools to swim laps in and is directly across from the beach and is priced just right. Usually my plan is if I'm in Pattaya for a short time I stay at the Pattaya Bay Resort, but if I'm there for over a week I stay in Jomtien to have some peace and quiet when I need it.

• 4 weeks later...

I went ahead and booked last week and they said it would be done by this week so I guess they stayed true to their word. Hopefully my other requests will be met when I arrive in august. 5th floor, facing the beach and not directly beneath the pool area, great tip I got from reading this forum. :GoldenSmile1:

Good call - you should have an excellent view of the shanty town in front of the hotel from there.... :GoldenSmile1:

Seriously thou I wouldn’t let it bother you - I have stayed in PBR twice now and I’m back for another stay very soon. There is no real issue with the camp in front of the hotel and TBH I found the motorbike taxi stall they set up on the corner very handy for a quick trip down to Soi Six.

07012010824.jpg

Good call - you should have an excellent view of the shanty town in front of the hotel from there.... :GoldenSmile1:

:D

Not a problem for me. 3 months to go still. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by Havver

Hi,

Considering staying at the PBR for my next trip to Pattaya end of May and just have a couple of questions regarding the place. I read somewere on here that the rooms have paper thin walls and neighbours conversations and 'activities' can be heard very clearly through the walls. Is this the case in the experience of BMs who have stayed there? Probably gonna go for a deluxe room (if I decide to stay there)....any advice on floor/view etc would be appreciated...

I have stayed at the PBR and I have to admit that it was one of the noisier hotels that I have stayed in, although others seem to sleep through it. If you do book, avoid the upper floors - you can hear the sun loungers and restaurant furniture being dragged around first thing in the morning. The prices seem to be on the up (remember to add 7%) and high season prices are way too high.

I've stayed there more than 30 times since it opened (I live in BKK and visit Pattaya regularly) and have always stayed in a Standard Room. Never had an uncomfortable night. The only thing I don't like is the 11.00 am checkout but I normally manage to get it extended FOC.

Agree that the staff are fantastic, the food great and the free internet (in Reception and wi-fi in rooms) a good deal. And Auw on reception is VERY pretty and has recently been encouragingly flirty...

30 times ! thats what i call a recomendation (nothing to do with Auw being encouragingly friendly)GoldenSmile1.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I've read on their site that extra person in the room - 500 baht, so every time I want to bring lady to my room I have to pay? Or it is only necessary if I want another bed etc?

We are captives of our own identities, living in prisons of our own creation.

Q: Is there an additional charge for joiners/over-night guests?

A: All of our rates quoted are for 1 or 2 persons sharing the same room. Therefore, if a single guest brings back a joiner, there is no additional fee. If you have a third person in the room, there is an additional charge of 500 baht per person, per night.

Looks like a nice hotel...is the pool chlorine or salt water???

Chlorine, at least back in -07.

Here's a great review by Shuggy. From -07 though.

Pattaya Bay Resort review

Thxs Havver biggrin.gif

I've read on their site that extra person in the room - 500 baht, so every time I want to bring lady to my room I have to pay? Or it is only necessary if I want another bed etc?

In my experience, and from numerous posts on this and other forums, the fee for a 2nd joiner (or 3rd, 4th, 5th) is never charged. Pretty much anything goes here.

There is no partition separating the shower in their deluxe room bathroom from the toilet. This is typical with Thai bathrooms, and it is the reason I won't stay there.

All the standard rooms have a shower with a curtain separating it from the toilet/sink area.

One of the deluxe rooms as an open shower (Room 706) and this is for disabled access. The other deluxe rooms have a full length bath (with shower) and a curtain separating it from the rest of the bathroom.

Ive stayed there many times and have on occasion bought back 2 companions. Have never been charged extra.

The only exception to this was an additional charge for the breakfast for the 2nd girl(you get breakfast coupons for 2 people). I had to show both the girls off to the other mongers that were staying there :Chokdee:

Testicles

• 2 months later...

Is there any issue getting through the mall from 2nd road in the early hours of the morning?

Is there any issue getting through the mall from 2nd road in the early hours of the morning?

No, as it is not the type of mall you are thinking of, it is more a set of shops in an open air complex, hence no doors, you can walk through at any time, it is only the shops that close

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."