IGNORED

Length of stay in Patts

daveboro

How is Singapore? I imagine with all their stringent rules that it's the antithesis of Pattaya

Not quite! It actually has a pretty good scene - but it is seriously expensive, typically 4 to 5 times the cost of fun in Pattaya.

Edited by tode1640

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

I've been to pattaya for one week during last summer

and I'm traveling there again for one week next month.

I cant stay more than that because I'm very busy. :Circle_Sharks:

I'd like to travel to LOS at least twice a year.

(but actually it depends on my boss)

To me, the shorter trips are much harder because you try to get it all done with no rest. Staying a month would allow you to take a day off or at least slow down a little. I'm not English, though, and it's a 26-hour flight each way from Texas. No matter how long or short you stay, that first two hours on the departing plane is going to be sheer depression. I cry real tears when I leave Thailand.

True

At the moment do three trips ,three months apart a year,

each about 22-23 nights.

But this year am going to try doing four trips,

9 or 10 weeks apart for 14 or 15 nights.

Obviously, this will cost me one more airfare,

but can anybody think of any other negative points?

I think u have nailed it . people who stay longer just pig out short sharp trips makes you appreciate the place .... by the way join a flight club usually 7th flight free and its amazing how many times u get bumped up so they can sell your seat cheers happy mongering

• 5 weeks later...

I lived in BKK for a year, up until October last year actually. Only went to Pattaya twice during that period for about 3 or 4 days each time. I had a girlfriend so I didn't really get the opportunity or even bother to sample the wares in Pattaya as I was a bit jaded about the whole scene anyways. In any case, I'll be travelling to Patts again in June/July for 3 weeks and plan to go ape shit up and down Soi 6 till I'm bone dry. Can' wait.

I work in a GM Car factory in England

GM own or part own a car factory just down the coast from Pattaya.

I would love GM to transfer me there for 12 months so I can visit Pattaya every weekend.

But there's no chance of that :FunnyShit1:

the least ive ever stayed in thailand was 2 weeks that was my 1st trip and it was no were near long enough! since then wouldnt go any less than 3 weeks. i did 2 months last july and it was great didnt want to come home! im going out in july or august and staying for at least 1 year cant wait!!!

a year...you lucky barsteward.

My first time was just 10 days, 6 bkk and 4 pattaya.

But after that allways between 2-4 weeks.

From this year will be no less than two months three times a year!! jeje... semiretired live i will start.

two 8week trips either side of new year,because the nights are so long,and the days are so damn COLD, here in Scotland....bb.....

I just got back from my 1st trip and I stayed for 2 months. From the east coast of the US it is ONE HELLOVA LONG TRIP so I definitely wanted to stay long enough to make it worth while. I met a couple of guys from the US there that stayed for in Thailand for 10 days with multiple destinations. Hell no, not long enough to make it worth the hell flights...