Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Length of stay in Patts

daveboro

This is mostly aimed at English based travelers.... to Thailand....Like me.....As we know it takes about 11-12 hours to fly there direct.... and when I am at work I normally work 12 hour shifts...

So I often find it strange why people suggest you should go to Thailand for more than two weeks.... I think that Thailand could soon, become like New York.... where people go for a long weekend (somuch more fun)

I Know at the moment that with dirrect flights from england to Thailand going for about £550 with Eva.... so the cost slightly restricts things.....

But hye if I could get flights for £350-£440 dirrect bring on the Soi 6 weekends lol

Whats the shortest break some has gone from england to Thailand and back for...... maybe 5 days.... I know some people do a short stay as part of a stop over or break

Been on one week trip before to Pattaya(lost two days for each way travelling)I only been there for 5 days.. Never again, Jet Lag nearly killed me when I got home.. Week-end trip is crazy... Two weeks or more is good enough for me...

With Mr. Browns green tax I think the days of the cheap flights are numbered :P

I done 6 days once , it went far to quick just got relaxed and it was time to leave . The min i would do is 10 days.

At the moment do three trips ,three months apart a year,

each about 22-23 nights.

But this year am going to try doing four trips,

9 or 10 weeks apart for 14 or 15 nights.

Obviously, this will cost me one more airfare,

but can anybody think of any other negative points?

dude 30days is no where near enough

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

• 2 weeks later...

I will go for 11days to pattaya and 4 days in bangkok, it is not much.

But i have to work aswell.

Now i go once a year,but i want to go twice in one year (april nad november)

My first trip to Patts was for eight days and that was far too short, I have just done a three week trip and I think that this is about the right length of time for me. I don’t think I could keep going full on for any longer than three weeks - I was absolutely knacked at the end of my last trip and I virtually passed out on the flight home I was so tired.

First trip I went 3 days BKK, 7 days Phuket, then 7 days Pattaya and wished I'd spent the whole time just in Patts.. 7 days goes far too quickly.

My first trip was for 10 nights, next trip in a couple of weeks is for 8 nights before an onward flight to Oz.

If I stayed any longer I wouldnt want to come back, maybe that isnt such a bad idea anyway.

But if you work shifts and have the time off and cash to do it, then 5 nights wouldnt be that bad...

To me, the shorter trips are much harder because you try to get it all done with no rest. Staying a month would allow you to take a day off or at least slow down a little. I'm not English, though, and it's a 26-hour flight each way from Texas. No matter how long or short you stay, that first two hours on the departing plane is going to be sheer depression. I cry real tears when I leave Thailand.

Warning! Life is sexually transmitted and 100% Fatal

IMG_0885.jpg..sigpic.jpg

"It ain't the dyin' I'm talking about, Woodrow, it's the LIVIN"">

the least ive ever stayed in thailand was 2 weeks that was my 1st trip and it was no were near long enough! since then wouldnt go any less than 3 weeks. i did 2 months last july and it was great didnt want to come home! im going out in july or august and staying for at least 1 year cant wait!!!

I always prefer to go to LOS for longer than 2 weeks. If you went for 2 weeks you'd actually only spend 10 days in LOS because you lose 2 days to traveling. Also your first night in LOS is sometimes spoilt a little due to jet lag

I cry real tears when I leave Thailand.

lol I just booked a 10 day trip. I'm already kicking myself for not going for 2 weeks at least.

"It all made sense intellectually. But I've never trusted extremes, whether it be drug addiction, religious fanaticism, or zero-carb diets."

• 3 weeks later...

I am not english,but it still a 12hr flight,and three years ago,three of us flew up for a birthday of a mate who was on extended stay in Thailand/Vietnam for three days :GoldenSmile1: the trip home was not great,still hung over and on the second day home jet lagged badly,couldn't get out of my own way,but worth it.three days in los better than three months at home. :)

Takes me 15 hrs to get there... and this time im going for 30 days :-) least i have done is 7 days.

Abit short really with all the flying. 30 days will let me relax, try something new... or somebody new :-) amd even take a few day trips to bkk without staying there. Might even spend a good few days on thew darkside. Hell, I might even miss a day of p4p

Edited by kpdxxx

My flight time is 2 hours, I usually go to Pattaya for the long weekends.

My flight time is 2 hours, I usually go to Pattaya for the long weekends.

So San Diego to LOS is a 2 hour flight now? Which spaceship do you travel on, or do you take the transporter?

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

So San Diego to LOS is a 2 hour flight now? Which spaceship do you travel on, or do you take the transporter?

Drugs my friend!!

No, I live in San Diego but I am working in Singapore for 2 years.

hi, i have 12 days off work at april, big decision. 9 hour flight from sydney,3 hour drive from newcastle where i live to sydney airport, plus pick up hire car each way. hotel prices are higher, is it worth the effort?pink 067.JPG

Drugs my friend!!

No, I live in San Diego but I am working in Singapore for 2 years.

Well, drugs will get you high enough to get you where you want to go. :stargate002:

How is Singapore? I imagine with all their stringent rules that it's the antithesis of Pattaya, bet you can't wait to get back.

sgu_banner.gif

Shortest trip I have ever done is my first trip which was 35 days and that was too short so I have stayed longer each time since then .My shortest time since then was last year when due to lack of cash I only stayed 2 months(63days).

I have done a couple of 6 night trips. They are too short and it is a major depression having to leave. Also, I am usually exhausted from trying to cram in as much as I can in that time. Defeats the object of a holiday. Work has dictated the amount of time I can have at certain points in time.

Usually I go for about two weeks. That's much better.

I usually spend a long weekend in Thailand, but I am lucky in that my work quite often takes me to the Far East (mostly Hong Kong or Singapore). With a bit of juggling it is usually possible to route through Thailand, and if that is over a weekend, then for the cost of a day or twos holiday a lot of fun can be had. If you are travelling from Europe to Australia, then Thailand makes a logical stopover en route - and there are good health reasons why it is bad to be cooped up in a plane for more than 12 hours, so why not get out and take some exercise in... err... Pattya?!

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain