Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Who has been stopped by Thai customs coming into BKK

nightlyf

Have you been stopped? Do you know someone who has?

Why do you think the chose to search you?

What were they looking for? How thorough was the search?

Lets her em guys.

( i am thinking of bringing some amyl nitrite with me in january. i have emailed thai customs and get no reply, i have emailed the thai consulate in sydney and get no answers )

Edited by nightlyf

Lets her em guys.

( i am thinking of bringing some amyl nitrite with me in january. i have emailed thai customs and get no reply, i have emailed the thai consulate in sydney and get no answers )

As you have emailed possible intent - do not bring it. While it is not as far as I know as Class A/! drug it is not legally sold over the counter in Thailand!

( i am thinking of bringing some amyl nitrite with me in january.)

From Wikipedia...

Applications

Amyl nitrite is employed medically to treat heart diseases such as angina and also to treat cyanide poisoning. It is also used as an inhalant drug that induces a brief euphoria; whilst already intoxicated with stimulant drugs such as cocaine or ecstasy (see MDMA) the euphoric state intensifies and lasts for several minutes longer. Once some stimulative drugs wear off, a common side-effect is a period of depression or anxiety, colloquially called a "come down"; amyl nitrite is sometimes used to "come up" again in order to stop the user from feeling lousy. This effect, combined with its dissociative effects, makes it an attractive but risky recreational drug (see poppers). It is also commonly used to initiate anal sex because of its relaxant effects on the anal sphincter.

I'm guessing you aren't using it for angina or to enhance a cocaine high... :Drunk:

Lets her em guys.

I think you should have mentioned in your email to Thai customs that you would be prepared to bring extra in order for them to have their share....that may have swayed things in your favour!! Maybe throw in some kangaroo shit as well for good measure!! Ha! Ozzies.....good for a laugh, but not too bright....LOL....

Regards,

FlipperSoi8

I've been stopped and they claimed it was because in 1 year I was in and out of thailand about 20 times. If you have a prescription there is no problem, otherwise get ready for some time in the monkeyhouse or a very large bribe.

If you don't have a prescription then don't bring it, it is simply not worth any hassle that you may end up dealing with. If you don't have a prescription you still may be able to get some in Thailand over the counter or if need be as with a prescription from a Thai doctor, you will just have explain what you use it for and note any symptoms that would be relevant to getting the prescribed medicine.

That being said I have been pulled up by Customs once and that was because my bag was over packed and bursting at the seems, walking through with a day pack/laptop bag and small overnight bag doesn't seem to get any attention. But again my first note, any risk no matter how small is not worth the consequence of having to deal with Thai Law from the wrong side.

I got stopped coming back from Taiwan a few weeks ago - the guy said it was because I only had a small bag with me (I'd only been gone a few days). He wanted to look inside the bag, but I couldn't remember which of my keys was for that lock, and after going through them all twice without opening it (it's a stiff/awkward lock) he said "OK, maybe we just scan it", put it through the x-ray machine and... sent me on my way.

I had a bunch of pills in there (general medical supplies & vitamins), and lots of sachets of ginger tea which probably look like drugs under x-ray, but evidently he was satisfied I was at worst a small scale dealer... so if you are wanting to smuggle drugs into the country, don't bring too many and carry lots of keys - but keep the one for your drug bag in your shoes or something... but don't tell them it was my idea when they catch you :)

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

Stopped in the summer (but before the airport scamming fiascos hit the world headlines) and was shaken down for excess cigs and duty free, in the walkway to the meeting area after exiting the customs area, by two shifty looking dickheads in uniform.

I didn't have any, much to the disappointment of the smarmy thieving pieces of fucking shit. Ther crestfallen look made it all worth it, and they dragged their knuckles off looking for lower hanging fruit.

I resolved if it ever happens to me again I will take a note of their names and numbers or photograph them on my phone.

94 trips and never been stopped.

i still wouldn't try anything silly though, like trying to take in 2 cartons of smokes. $$$$$'s !.

I have come and gone many times and only been stopped once. I had a couple of large boxes and they wanted to x-ray them and all my bags. Even so I would never bring anything more than special massage devices into Thailand. It just is not worth the risk.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Stopped in the summer (but before the airport scamming fiascos hit the world headlines) and was shaken down for excess cigs and duty free, in the walkway to the meeting area after exiting the customs area, by two shifty looking dickheads in uniform.

I didn't have any, much to the disappointment of the smarmy thieving pieces of fucking shit. Ther crestfallen look made it all worth it, and they dragged their knuckles off looking for lower hanging fruit.

I resolved if it ever happens to me again I will take a note of their names and numbers or photograph them on my phone.

exact same thing happened to me january this year, pair of assholes giving me hassle looking for cigs , i told them i don't smoke, one of them asked me where i came from, as soon as i said Scotland, he says "ah you have bottle of scotch" i told him i don't drink, that seemed to confuse him :GoldenSmile1: , they told me ok you go now.

does anyone know if bringing protein powder, omega 3 fat capsules and vitamins with me is ok? or would it get me in trouble for whatever reason?

I've been stopped and they claimed it was because in 1 year I was in and out of thailand about 20 times. If you have a prescription there is no problem, otherwise get ready for some time in the monkeyhouse or a very large bribe.

how did customs know how many times you were in Thailand? It is way after immigration/passport control

how did customs know how many times you were in Thailand? It is way after immigration/passport control

God forbid immigration & customs should have some way of communicating with each other? I rather suspected it was a factor in me being stopped too.

God forbid immigration & customs should have some way of communicating with each other? I rather suspected it was a factor in me being stopped too.

so what are you saying is there are hundreds of people standing in line to get thru' immigration. Immigration sees you have too many stamps in your passport and they radio to customs, on the other side of the building, that the guy with the white shirt entered Thailand too many times. So they keep a camera on you as you walk around the 20 luggage carousels with people everywhere and then customs stop you? I doubt it, if immigration had a problem with you they would stop you right there. Other countries sometimes us the customs form to track people, the immigration officer puts a mark on it and when you exit customs they stop you when you hand them the card, but not in Thailand.

so what are you saying is there are hundreds of people standing in line to get thru' immigration. Immigration sees you have too many stamps in your passport and they radio to customs, on the other side of the building, that the guy with the white shirt entered Thailand too many times. So they keep a camera on you as you walk around the 20 luggage carousels with people everywhere and then customs stop you? I doubt it, if immigration had a problem with you they would stop you right there. Other countries sometimes us the customs form to track people, the immigration officer puts a mark on it and when you exit customs they stop you when you hand them the card, but not in Thailand.

Immigration can't search your checked bags 'cause you haven't got them at that point. They take your photo at passport control - easy enough to send it through to customs if your pattern of travel looked suspicious. I'd do it if I were an airport.

Immigration can't search your checked bags 'cause you haven't got them at that point. They take your photo at passport control - easy enough to send it through to customs if your pattern of travel looked suspicious. I'd do it if I were an airport.

i guess you give them more credit than I do.

does anyone know if bringing protein powder, omega 3 fat capsules and vitamins with me is ok? or would it get me in trouble for whatever reason?

I don't think you will have any trouble!

Last year i brought in a 1kg bag of vanilla protein powder in a foil bag into Thailand and also through 5 internal flights and never even had a question asked.

Must have defiantly looked suspicious on the x ray but still had no problems

Save yourself some KGs in your luggage, and drop in to my shop (see avatar and sig)