Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Lady Drinks

neill

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from LOS on Friday after a great 2 week tour, just wondering how others regard the folowing..... after bar fining a cutie from Soi 7 for a number of days, each time we frequented her bar,either just for a drink or to pay bar, they still made me buy her lady drinks at a higher price than mine please discuss!

<p>

what bar was this in soi 7, some bars now want you to buy 2 drink for the lady before the BF otherwise it's a 500b bf

This is something that pisses me off when it happens. I deal with it by explaining to mamasan that I will go elsewhere to drink as it is more expensive to drink in the bar where she works. They always back down, the only negative being that your BF will not get commision on any drinks you buy for her.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

what bar was this in soi 7, some bars now want you to buy 2 drink for the lady before the BF otherwise it's a 500b bf

Thanks for the prompt reply Chuk Wa,it was the "Joker Bar" i wont name her but it was well worth it. seems a bit much to expect that considering how quiet it was. Regards

<p>

This is something that pisses me off when it happens. I deal with it by explaining to mamasan that I will go elsewhere to drink as it is more expensive to drink in the bar where she works. They always back down, the only negative being that your BF will not get commision on any drinks you buy for her.

Cheers Dr, i never thought of that, told my lady i was not happy and would sit in the bar next to hers and just hand the money over, but she said Mamasan would not be happy with her? Thai logic eh? felt a bit of a cheap charly then and backed down, as you rightly said she gets commision and everything else was spot on!

Regards

<p>

Cheers Dr, i never thought of that, told my lady i was not happy and would sit in the bar next to hers and just hand the money over, but she said Mamasan would not be happy with her? Thai logic eh? felt a bit of a cheap charly then and backed down, as you rightly said she gets commision and everything else was spot on!

Regards

A lot of these mamasans will try to encourage the girls to bring their customers back to the bar to do their drinking. The benefits to the bar are obvious, a lot of the girls like it too because they can be with their friends. The thing is though that you are the boss and being intimidated because 'mamasan won't like it' will not work in your favour.

Of course many guys will drink at the girls bar simply because they like the bar and want to drink there. Either way, charging full lady drink prices for a lady you have already BF'd is taking the piss IMO. As I said before, if you point out that you will leave in a calm way they will nearly always back down because they know that if you drink elsewhere they will lose your money.

I don't really like the system but it's standard practise and I can never bring myself to complain about it - after all it's the girl's job and part of her income, and she may have a quota of lady drinks to make each month. I'll usually buy one drink each when I go to pay the barfine if I'm taking somebody for a few days - keeps both me and her in good credit with the place.

What did piss me off was when I took tilac to the bar where she used to work and got hit with LD prices. "Why I pay lady drink price? Boss give money for you?", I complained to her. "Yes, he give me next time I come", she answered. Didn't really have a response to that.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

I don't really like the system but it's standard practise and I can never bring myself to complain about it - after all it's the girl's job and part of her income, and she may have a quota of lady drinks to make each month. I'll usually buy one drink each when I go to pay the barfine if I'm taking somebody for a few days - keeps both me and her in good credit with the place.

What did piss me off was when I took tilac to the bar where she used to work and got hit with LD prices. "Why I pay lady drink price? Boss give money for you?", I complained to her. "Yes, he give me next time I come", she answered. Didn't really have a response to that.

Fair points. In all honesty if the difference is only 20 Baht per drink I would not say anything either. There is an element of the girls not wanting to lose face in their place of work but I think that many mamasans will take advantage of this fact. I must admit that I only drink in a BG's place of work sometimes. Whenever I do there's nearly always the feeling that the girl is still working i.e. if something happens in the bar she will get involved. I've had it where my BF has joined in an argument over a bill for instance. I can understand her feelings on this but the fact is that for me it was an unwelcome distraction. I just prefer taking them elsewhere anyway.

Fair points. In all honesty if the difference is only 20 Baht per drink I would not say anything either. There is an element of the girls not wanting to lose face in their place of work but I think that many mamasans will take advantage of this fact. I must admit that I only drink in a BG's place of work sometimes. Whenever I do there's nearly always the feeling that the girl is still working i.e. if something happens in the bar she will get involved. I've had it where my BF has joined in an argument over a bill for instance. I can understand her feelings on this but the fact is that for me it was an unwelcome distraction. I just prefer taking them elsewhere anyway.

went 2 bar in soi 3 b.f girl and then went 2 hotel.next day i payed 4 girl 4 12days

she told her mamasan her daughter was bad,and had 2 look after her child.so i ended up only payin 4

girl and no more b.f.

but when ive sat by myself in bar, ive noticed men paying more 4 drinks.

so i think it happens more then most people think it does.

wel roll on april 2010 3months holi in pattaya

Once a teerak and I went to her bar, after a night long on sex and short on sleep. She wanted to chat with her friends, and after a while I asked checked bin to go out alone. Mamasan gave met the bill - regular prices also for teerak but including the BF for the next night! That wasn't my intention but I took teerak along anyway - didn't want to make a scene or hurt her feelings and the next night was just as good. TIT.

Maybe in these times bars try these tricks with LD prices more - usually I take the lady somewhere else.

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

• 1 month later...

great bit of information :001_Thank_You5:

• 2 weeks later...

I usually have a few drinks in Utopia bar on Walking Street as I like the bands that play there. Every now and again I ask for a particular song to be played and then put a few Baht in the tip box if they perform it well. My mate says “why do I keep give them a tip”, after all they get paid a wage the same as you and I. This may be true but it's nice to show appreciation for some thing well done.

Why we feel compelled to tip bar girls I’ll never know. It can’t be that hard to open a bottle of Singha and put it in a polystyrene cooler!

Which brings me to lady drinks.. Why by them? You buy them to hear some one you have never met before tell you, “you are handsome man”! If you want to pay people to lie to you that’s up to you! But to be ripped off at the same time, we must be crazy. My local bar charges lady drinks at 20Bht higher than that of the regular price. The owner is happy, the girls get far more drinks than in other bars, and I am happy too.

Lady drinks…. Rip off

One bar I took girl from had high drink prices plus pressure to buy drinks.

To avoid the drink prices I would sometimes send girl alone to pay her bar fine.

After I had kept the girl awhile and brought others to drink there too, I noticed that my drink prices were lower.

I liked the bar and the games so we would drink there until the noise went up usually about 9:00PM as the music was way past too loud to take. As soon as the music went up I would just get up and leave.

Drink prices are definitely flexible.

A lot of these mamasans will try to encourage the girls to bring their customers back to the bar to do their drinking. The benefits to the bar are obvious, a lot of the girls like it too because they can be with their friends. The thing is though that you are the boss and being intimidated because 'mamasan won't like it' will not work in your favour.

Of course many guys will drink at the girls bar simply because they like the bar and want to drink there. Either way, charging full lady drink prices for a lady you have already BF'd is taking the piss IMO. As I said before, if you point out that you will leave in a calm way they will nearly always back down because they know that if you drink elsewhere they will lose your money.

well put.

The girl wants you to go back so she can see her friends and get some kudos from you drinking in the bar. Obviously the owners wnat you drinking there.

All they've got from you so far is their cut of a 300B BF. They'd rather have you racking up 2,000B bar bills every night.

I think sometimes the mamasans have a lot of hold on the girls.

I'd guess sometimes the girls want to get ladydrinks to help meet quotas. If they are out for 10 days then their chances of meeting the ladydrink quota are greatly reduced.

Given the number and variety of drinking establishments in pattaya and the fact you'll enjoy your holiday more if you move aroudn and discover new places rather than playing barfly I think charging more for the girl is taking the piss and bad business.

My girl wants to dirnk there, if they give me a half decent reason to stay (instaed of pushing me away) then they could be clearing 5,000B in drinks over the holiday.

Short sighted thinking in my humble opinion.

The bar owners in Soi6 seem a bit more tuned into customers. Probably because they dont' ahve some many.

I've taken girls LT from there before, and they usually go out of their way to make me want to stay and drink all day.

I do not mind buying the occasional BG or gogo dancer a drink,but what pisses me of is as soon as you buy drinks for 1 or 2 girls,all of a sudden you have another half a dozen girls asking for drinks.Obviously you politely decline.

:GoldenSmile1:

Dont forget they are trying to make a living but if it is taking the piss go to a different bar, after all there are 1000's of them and 10000's of girls....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 1 month later...

I usually have a few drinks in Utopia bar on Walking Street as I like the bands that play there. Every now and again I ask for a particular song to be played and then put a few Baht in the tip box if they perform it well. My mate says “why do I keep give them a tip”, after all they get paid a wage the same as you and I. This may be true but it's nice to show appreciation for some thing well done.

Why we feel compelled to tip bar girls I’ll never know. It can’t be that hard to open a bottle of Singha and put it in a polystyrene cooler!

Which brings me to lady drinks.. Why by them? You buy them to hear some one you have never met before tell you, “you are handsome man”! If you want to pay people to lie to you that’s up to you! But to be ripped off at the same time, we must be crazy. My local bar charges lady drinks at 20Bht higher than that of the regular price. The owner is happy, the girls get far more drinks than in other bars, and I am happy too.

Lady drinks…. Rip off

Lady drinks are a rip off as all it usually is, is a small glass of orange juice with lots of ice. I got ripped yeaterday as I was buying a lady drinks and did not look at the price only to ask how much she got from each drink. When I got my check ben I was paying 120 Badt for her drinks. I jsut paid got up and departed, but I did like the lady.

Lady drinks are a rip off as all it usually is, is a small glass of orange juice with lots of ice. I got ripped yeaterday as I was buying a lady drinks and did not look at the price only to ask how much she got from each drink. When I got my check ben I was paying 120 Badt for her drinks. I jsut paid got up and departed, but I did like the lady.

I don't get this... are LD just some juice or soda? Or are they beer or liquor? Or just some overpriced crap with no liquor?

It’s up to the lady watt she has don’t buy that many mi self if I like them I tell them yes I buy drink but not lady drink most are ok with this :NiceThread1:

I always explain to girl, "i not pay for 3 drinks and only get 2 "

Its just a complete rip off...

the amount i drink in amonth, thats alot of wasted money..

As far as im concerned , once a girl is bar fined she is no longer working.

So bar should not be making extra off me...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get this... are LD just some juice or soda? Or are they beer or liquor? Or just some overpriced crap with no liquor?

It varies from bar to bar, but it seems (to me) like an increasing number of places are "economising" by mandating that lady drinks are a shot glass full of Spy Wine Cooler or something similarly pointless... a short-sighted business practise (the girls are more fun if they're drunk, so we have more incentive to buy them more drinks).

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

That's exactly the reason I don't care about it. She makes me happy, I can make her happy too with the commission. Otherwise I would spend it on her anyway. Plus, it helps her reach her LD quota.

I say, don't make a fuss about it. Either pay, or go to another bar. As always, up to you. ;)

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

• 4 months later...

My last holiday in april 2010 in Patong Beach, Soi Lion, 7th heaven bar we payed 170 for LD and 300 for BF. If you didn't buy LD but just wanted the girl to go out with you right away the BF was 500.

Personally I had no problem at al with the LD's as my BG drinked sangsom with coke from a large glass and for 200 it was even a double shot of sangsom.

As the girl will get a commission on the LD i just see it as an appreciation towards her and a part of the costs to fuck her. Besides if these girls didn't get any LD's there would be less BG due to lack of income and many more bars would struggle to stay open IMO.

When i go out in Belgium it usually cost me 2000 - 3000 Baht just for drinks and play pool with my friends. So when in LOS i keep this in mind as i have to pay maybe 5-10 times a LD of 100-120 in Pats for the company of a lovely lady and a good party feeling.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Regards

:001_Sawasdee: Must tell you,if something happend to me like this,pay the bill, say good by,go to another bar and find an other girl for fun.But if you fall in love to this girl LOL,nobody can help you. :Drunk1:

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I'd kinda figured that if you were drinking in your BF's bar you'd be paying LD prices for her, this seems to confirm that it's so, depending on the bar - yes I'm a Newb, I don't travel until October :GoldenSmile1: .

I guess like a couple of other BM's I look at it in relative terms. If I bought bottled beer at my local (I don't, I drink draught), I'd be paying 200 THB and upwards for a small bottle, and an average few hours out with the mates (drinking draught and a couple of shots to finish) stings my pocket for minimum 3000.

So for me, to spend an hour or so in her bar having a few drinks, giving her some 'face' and a small extra share of the profits, well it's not a big deal really. I can understand that some BM's have different opinions on that point, and that's cool, especially for the ex-pats who aren't 2 week millionaires like the majority of the fly-in-fly-out mongers.

As other BM's have said, you either follow the rules of the bar or take your trade elsewhere. I don't see much harm if you take your girl straight out of the bar and go elsewhere, you're still paying her fees and paying for her drinks, she just misses a couple of bucks from the LD. It's all personal choice.

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.