IGNORED

WHO ARE THE BEST KNOWN TEAMS IN FOOTBALL.

mulphy

i would like your opinions on who are the biggest teams in football. im not talking about relevant success or turnover of cash though that might go hand in hand with thier popularity.

i am talking about world wide fan base , world wide recognition and who would make you go out and buy a ticket if they played a game in your country.

please put them in a top 5.

i think the worlds biggest clubs on these criterias are.

(1) real madrid

(2) man utd

(3) liverpool

(4) glasgow celtic

(5) barcelona

(6)a c milan

(7) boca juniors

(8) river plate

(9) bayern munich

(10) corinthians

i know i said 5 , so what do you guys think.

Guest Qwert06

RM

AC Milan

Ajax

B Munich

Liverpool.

Celtic dont come near it mate :o RANGERS are a bigger club world wide than celtic statisticaly

Stevenage must get in there somewhere.

They so good the football league banned them from coming up when they won the conferance.

And Shearer had to resort to cheat to beat us in the FA cup.

In terms of both UK and Worldwide fan base it is a well known fact that Manchester United rule the roost here and the popularity of the Premier League has had a major influence on Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal's following however, second place goes to Real Madrid due to their usual all star line up of galacticos (sic) or what ever they are known as.

Baby-1.gif

Guest Qwert06
In terms of both UK and Worldwide fan base it is a well known fact that Manchester United rule the roost here and the popularity of the Premier League has had a major influence on Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal's following however, second place goes to Real Madrid due to their usual all star line up of galacticos (sic) or what ever they are known as.

Utter bollocks :)

RM

AC Milan

Ajax

B Munich

Liverpool.

Celtic dont come near it mate :) RANGERS are a bigger club world wide than celtic statisticaly

lol, thats is THE FUNNIEST thing ive ever heard , andwas totally expected.

its the reason really that i made the thread.

lets not beat about the bush, rangers in a country full of its protestant , loyalist , bretheren are not even the biggest club in scotland.celtic on the other hand with an 8th of the population catholic, (i am sorry but thats the way it is in scotland) have a bigger support.

as you well know there is a 62,000 capacity at celtic park , its a sellout every game, rangers have a 50,000 capacity and cant sell it out.

celtic have 42,000 season ticket holders and a further 20,000 on a waiting list, rangers on the other hand are still trying to sell season tickets even at xmas which is half way through the season.

and thats only scottish based statistics.

lets move onto worldwide statistics , celtic are one of THE BIGGEST supported clubs in THE WORLD , with all of the irish expats and scottish expats spreading the word. its a fact that the hooped jersey worn by celtic is one of the top selling football shirts in world football.

im afraid in these terms rangers are reletively unknown.

but dont be jealous, dont be upset , rangers are definately the biggest team in ayrshire and lanarkshire.

Guest Qwert06
lol, thats is THE FUNNIEST thing ive ever heard , andwas totally expected.

its the reason really that i made the thread.

lets not beat about the bush, rangers in a country full of its protestant , loyalist , bretheren are not even the biggest club in scotland.celtic on the other hand with an 8th of the population catholic, (i am sorry but thats the way it is in scotland) have a bigger support.

as you well know there is a 62,000 capacity at celtic park , its a sellout every game, rangers have a 50,000 capacity and cant sell it out.

celtic have 42,000 season ticket holders and a further 20,000 on a waiting list, rangers on the other hand are still trying to sell season tickets even at xmas which is half way through the season.

and thats only scottish based statistics.

lets move onto worldwide statistics , celtic are one of THE BIGGEST supported clubs in THE WORLD , with all of the irish expats and scottish expats spreading the word. its a fact that the hooped jersey worn by celtic is one of the top selling football shirts in world football.

im afraid in these terms rangers are reletively unknown.

but dont be jealous, dont be upset , rangers are definately the biggest team in ayrshire and lanarkshire.

You dont know much mate.

I'll leave it that.

You dont know much mate.

I'll leave it that.

please dont, i would be delighted to hear your world wide statistics.

do you find any fault with my scottish based statistics. they are all 100% true and extremely easy to prove,

i hope your worldwide stats can be proven too.

Collingwood aussie rules club,nothing to get 90,000 fans at the Melbourne cricket ground

Cant wait to pound thai pussy.....

Guest Qwert06

I aint getting into a religious/football/Old frim argument on here mate. There's a million boards for that old boy as you well know. Unfortunantly any time these kinda posts go up on follow follow (which i personaly can't fucking stand BTW) the Huddle board of CM they get deleted as the idiots take over and turn it into a relgious/ Irish thing.

This aint the board for it at all.

Collingwood aussie rules club,nothing to get 90,000 fans at the Melbourne cricket ground

yes but under the criteria set ,its about football and world wide renown , unfortunately no one knows about aussie rules outside of oz.

Utter bollocks :LMAO1:

For a moment I thought you were a Manchester City fan then further evidence reveals that you are a jealous jock. :Oops5:

Plenty of them around. :25:

However, yes I accept that Celtic are incredibly popular in some parts of the world, certainly a quantum leap ahead of Rangers.

I would love to see the old firm compete in the EPL by the way :)

Baby-1.gif

Seeing as your calling it football not pansieball,

excuse my rude but if I fall over when someone taps me on the shoulder you can call me a pansie too :)

I would have to say Collingwood even though i hate em and barrack for Melbourne :Oops5:

Member since Dec 06.

Guest Qwert06
yes but under the criteria set ,its about football and world wide renown , unfortunately no one knows about aussie rules outside of oz.

Unless you listen to the Aussie prick i work with how seems to think it's gonna be a global sport in 10 years time

I aint getting into a religious/football/Old frim argument on here mate. There's a million boards for that old boy as you well know. Unfortunantly any time these kinda posts go up on follow follow (which i personaly can't fucking stand BTW) the Huddle board of CM they get deleted as the idiots take over and turn it into a relgious/ Irish thing.

This aint the board for it at all.

i agree and i wouldnt want that , its purely a football question and should have nothing to do with religion , but the answer you gave shows you to be either deluded , naive,just making it up , or a religious bigot on the rangers side, as all the facts presented to you are 100% and should be undisputable except by someone in denial.

its about a bigger picture though than celtic or even rangers , its about world football , so lets leave your LOYALTY out of it and tell the truth, not just try to protect your own team.

a couple of interesting ones there george, juventus very probable, santos when pele played with them were extremely well known, ajax i disagree with though, despite being very successful especially in the cruyff era are not really thought of as a big club world wide.

gonna be a global sport in 10 years time

it'll never be global to tough a game for most

Member since Dec 06.

My top 5

Man Utd

Real Madrid

Liverpool

Celtic

Barcelona

One point to add on how big Celtic are: When they played in the Uefa cup final in Seville, they had 80,000 supporters in the City on the day of the match. Only a third had tickets. This was a place where the only direct transport link was by plane. How many would Rangers have had if the roles were reversed?

My top 5

Man Utd

Real Madrid

Liverpool

Barcelona

Bayern Munich

One point to add on how big Celtic are: When they played in the Uefa cup final in Seville, they had 80,000 supporters in the City on the day of the match. Only a third had tickets. This was a place where the only direct transport link was by plane. How many would Rangers have had if the roles were reversed?

and more importantly how many people would have been stabbed or killed and how many millions of euros would the damages have been.

thats the rangers legacy, im afraid.

in my experience in asia, liverpool were by far the best known team here about 5 yearsago. im not sure why though i believe the had travelled here before the other teams.

i now see man utd , real madrid on level terms with liverpool in the popularity stakes in asia, even teams like chelsea and arsenal are gaining in popularity but thats solely due to thier extreme exposure on tv over here.

IMNSHO 1. Man U

2. Juventus

3. Liverpool

4. Real

5. Barcelona soon to be replaced by LA Galaxy unfortunately!!!

Mulphy you are correct that Celtic have a bigger worldwide brand than the Huns. However your quip about Rangers fans causing millions of euros worth of damage is pure shite.

I cannot stand any of the stinking weegie teams and their bigotted bollocks as they are both as bad as each other!!

I doubt whether Ibrox will have many empty seats during any normal season!!

Brazil

Brazil

Brazil

West Ham United

England

:sign1:

IMNSHO 1. Man U

2. Juventus

3. Liverpool

4. Real

5. Barcelona soon to be replaced by LA Galaxy unfortunately!!!

Mulphy you are correct that Celtic have a bigger worldwide brand than the Huns. However your quip about Rangers fans causing millions of euros worth of damage is pure shite.

I cannot stand any of the stinking weegie teams and their bigotted bollocks as they are both as bad as each other!!

I doubt whether Ibrox will have many empty seats during any normal season!!

try telling that to the citizens of barcelona or sunderland were they went on thier usual rampage.

you only need look at the average attendance figures which are available in the rangers news or even the daily record to see they cant fill ibrox on a regular basis, incidentally you ll also find those adverts for season tickets even at xmas time in the same publications.

Edited by mulphy

I was checking out Celtic jerseys in Mike's a few years ago. Did not buy there as they were pricier than other places. When I told the saleslady I would go away and think about it ,she produced a Ranger's jersey. Did not buy that either. :rolleyes: