IGNORED

Australian sporting prowess

bocelli27

To clarify a few things, the current AFL International cup holder is....

Papua New Guinea who defeated New Zealand 7.12-54 to 7.4-46

So going by he only recognised International Aussie Rules competition held Australia isnt even ranked. :ShitHappens1:

Testicles

Well, there's no disgrace there then. PNG and NZ are two decent teams. I don't think our England AFL team would give either of them much of a game.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

My 2 cents

The Australian climate good almost year round and there is a lot of open space. Kids grow up playing sport in the backyard etc We are tucked away down in the southern hemisphere and often go unnoticed so we hang our hats on our sporting achievements. Not many countries (from my limited experience living abroad) get behind a national sporting team or individual like Aussies. We love winners.

I think we can win a football world cup within 50 years. That would be the ultimate achievement :)

Edited by Schillaci

I think you are right - a better climate for getting out and doing things, as well as a broader range of sports that attract youngsters. Sadly, in Britain, there seems to be nothing between soccer and a playstation for 90% of our kids.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

Heere in Germania we hav many problem to with boy no longer play game. Perhapps soon England wille beat us at soccer one time. I only joke as it can never happen I tink.

A bit of hurling and Gaelic football never did anybody any harm.

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

• 11 years later...
On 12/09/2009 at 19:51, Bitch Controller said:

I was going to mention the league. Cant believe that game had no coverage in Melbourne, disgraceful. I watched it. He was on fire that Slater. Not as good as my boy Hayne though......Im a one eyed Parra supporter lol.

I think he might be someone elses bitch now...he just got 5 years 9 months in jail.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Yeah, once a criminal, always a criminal..................

It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it.