IGNORED

Bars Continue To Be Ordered Shut At 3Am

7-Eleven

pattaya as tourist zone should have no closing hours.

all business should be able to open and close whenever they feel like it.

thailand has the best reputation for tourists the last few years and we dont need the closing hours now at this moment.

it keeps tourist away.

Low season, tourisum on the floor,bad PR & press over polotics etc & the world down turn with economics & yes the Thais do this to Pattaya.

You have to ask the question have they become British & are out to fuck up the last things standing ???????

WTF..

I think all bars should close at 10 pm . that way i would spen WAYYYYYYYYYYYY less on alcohol :P

Well the Police just had ANOTHER Raid on Soi 7 & 8 shortly after 3am checking there Lic etc and took 12 bar Managers to Jail. :GoldenSmile1::)

babydollsaddict.gif

Well the Police just had ANOTHER Raid on Soi 7 & 8 shortly after 3am checking there Lic etc and took 12 bar Managers to Jail. :GoldenSmile1::)

JEEZ!!! where is this all gonna end? More bar closures? Tourists finding alternative destinations? More freelancers?

What a fucked up crazy race the Thai decision makers really are..crazy!!!!!!!!!

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

JEEZ!!! where is this all gonna end? More bar closures? Tourists finding alternative destinations? More freelancers?

I think it will end eventually. The pertinent point was 'shortly after 3am...', they thought they could get away with not following the new crackdown on 3am closure. They paid the price. They will make sure they follow the rules and get there licenses in order eventually or continue to pay the price. Those that don't are in for a world of hurt as this policy does not look like it's going away any time soon.

I'm beginning to wonder if the 'Powers that be' aren't just trying to rein in Pattaya a bit. This crackdown seems to be multi-pronged (no pun intended). BKK has many other world class tourist attractions apart from Nana and Cowboy. I know that most BM's have never seen them, but they are there :Evil_Laugh:

Pattaya has one thing and one thing only going for it. The girls. The beaches suck. The tourist traps are, for the most part, average at best. The infrastructure borders on absurd. Apart from the Mayors Family Tourist focus, being a great fundraiser and keeping the BiB happy, I wonder if they are not trying to get a little order back in the mix.

In the last year or so there appears to have been a huge upsurge in scams, pickpockets, muggings and murders. Just look at the last couple of pages of the news forum for proof of that. I suspect they understand where there money comes from, but they also seem to be trying to get the town back under control.

I personally don't see this as the most effective way.. but... TiT...

I think all bars should close at 10 pm . that way i would spend WAYYYYYYYYYYYY less on alcohol :Birthday_Cake:

I'm with Dudebrah on this. Well... not the closing at 10pm. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't go to LOS to drink. I'm usually in bed screwing my brains out by midnight, 1am at the latest. I can get drunk at home. :Evil_Laugh:

Edited by Temujin

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably being naive, but maybe they are trying to be smart.

Make a big deal about bar closing times in downtime when its doesn't hurt much.

Everyones see's they are doing a good job and they can lay of the heart and rake in the money come high season.

Trying to apply logic to these decisions is probably my downfall.. :GoldenSmile1:

Hazze i think you could be onto something here! its exactly what i was thinking and it does actually make sense....They have too enforce the laws at some time in the year and it will effect less people in the low season.

But i can see how bars struggling to make a buck really cant afford this to happen at anytime.

:Circle_Sharks:

I hate this Myth of pattaya being an upmarket family tourist location.

Its a shithole, everything is falling apart, no one gives a fuck, not even the McDonalds franchises understand basic customer service, the falang/expat culture while unique is nouthing like the real tailand, the seas/beaches are dirty and full of used condoms, rubbish and turds, so much shit nasty shit goes on behind the scenes if a fraction of it came out it would be the death of a family vaccation resort, and no one understands marketing.

Apart form P4P its only other saving grace is its cheap.

Do they seriously think they can compete with thousands of other family tourist destinations?

It survives because there is no other P4P competition of a similar size and price, and P4P customers keep coming back regardless of them stumbling from one PR disaster to the next.

I just hope the locals and see sense and get some pragmatic leaders in power.

Rant over :)

the powers that be where ever they are in the world live in glass towers and don't understand the real world p4p goes on economic crisis or not familes can't affo hols as much as single person hols a xmas will cost me 2000 aussie approx without spending money how much would cost the ave family 2.4 kids in airfare alone i dont know what airline charges for .4 of akid plus 1.4 kids extra on most hotels accomadation bills etc etc

I can feel an angel sliding up to me nz immigrants raising the IQ of both countries pattaya makes a humble man hard

Why do these politicians not understand that they hurt the local economy in Pattaya very hard but also the economy in Isaan. I don't think \they understand the impact of their decision on the local economy at all. It is not the family tourists that really support the Thai economy and the rural families but whe do, the mongerers! We eat at thai-food-streetvendors, we drink in beerbars with Thai staff, we pay for f...... Thai ladies, we use Thai public and private transport, we sponsor Thai families,..... and all this money is far more support to thai economy than from normal tourism. Where some families who usually stay at large hotelgroups with organized groups or travelagencies spend almost nothing in local economy except some souvenir-crap !

Form economical view the Thai government should give us some privileges as we really help their country and people a lot!

but our money goes to the small business and individuals not directly to the thai elite. Russian package tourism stay in package deal hotels go to package deal toursshop at package deal shops etc etc. do u think russian woman go to local beauty shop prob go to overpriced package deal shop where as iget shave haircut manicure pedicure at local beauty shop spreading money to the working classes

maybe because i take such care of my appearence is why im sexy man or maybe its my baht

where as we shop where we want to eat where we want to drink where we want to so our money gets spread around and do u think the authorities care one iota about issan

I can feel an angel sliding up to me nz immigrants raising the IQ of both countries pattaya makes a humble man hard

• 1 month later...

Is the 3am crackdown still happening in Patts at the moment?

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)