IGNORED

Spurs And The Champions League?

todder

OK, every year at the start of the season, us spurs fans say to ourselves, "this is going to be our year"

and guess what, it never is.

but after watching the spurs take apart Liverpool on sunday, i am wondering if this IS going to be our year after all?

yes i know its only one win, but the team played very well, the squad has a good look to it, that bench was very strong, and there is a few players injured also.

so i was just wondering if you non-spurs fans think it is going to be our year?

gooners need not reply.:P

Edited by todder

As a Spurs fan, I can agree with your first two lines. I have already said the same thing in a different thread.

As you know, Spurs fans never get what we expect, and for once, I have let realism set in, and I am expecting yet another mediocre year.

So far, in typical Spurs fashion, I am being proved wrong yet again as Spurs effectively took Liverpool apart. I have to say, that my man of the match was Reina, and he made three great saves, or it would have been a rout.

Anyway, I am now working on the theory that Spurs will always prove me wrong, and so far it's paying off. Our next two games are away to Hull and Wet Sham, and I have to say that just because we won these two games last year, i see no reason whatsoever to be optimistic.

" We didn't necessarily believe you. We believed your $50". Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) "The Maltese Falcon"

"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you." Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep

As a Spurs fan, I can agree with your first two lines. I have already said the same thing in a different thread.

As you know, Spurs fans never get what we expect, and for once, I have let realism set in, and I am expecting yet another mediocre year.

So far, in typical Spurs fashion, I am being proved wrong yet again as Spurs effectively took Liverpool apart. I have to say, that my man of the match was Reina, and he made three great saves, or it would have been a rout.

Anyway, I am now working on the theory that Spurs will always prove me wrong, and so far it's paying off. Our next two games are away to Hull and Wet Sham, and I have to say that just because we won these two games last year, i see no reason whatsoever to be optimistic.

i know where you are coming from mate, but i really feel this COULD be a big year for the spurs, a key point will be keeping wilson palacios fit, the guy runs the midfield, same goes for ledly king, he had torres in his pocket.

if they both stay fit spurs will do well.

OK, every year at the start of the season, us spurs fans say to ourselves, "this is going to be our year"

and guess what, it never is.

but after watching the spurs take apart Liverpool on sunday, i am wondering if this IS going to be our year after all?

yes i know its only one win, but the team played very well, the squad has a good look to it, that bench was very strong, and there is a few players injured also.

so i was just wondering if you non-spurs fans think it is going to be our year?

gooners need not reply.:o

i know where you are coming from mate, but i really feel this COULD be a big year for the spurs, a key point will be keeping wilson palacios fit, the guy runs the midfield, same goes for ledly king, he had torres in his pocket.

if they both stay fit spurs will do well.

55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555!!!!!!

Ahem.....

55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555!!!!!!

Ahem.....

:o

555555555, Stop dreaming the pair of you Spurs dont have the class to win the CL.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

555555555, Stop dreaming the pair of you Spurs dont have the class to win the CL.

i agree with you mav, but i never said spurs could win the CL(not this year anyway) :)

will settle for finishing above the arse this year:ShitHappens1:

i agree with you mav, but i never said spurs could win the CL(not this year anyway) :Finger5:

will settle for finishing above the arse this year:ShitHappens1:

......Just finishing above us is a good season for you is it....:Deadhorse:......We actually aim is to win the Premiership, the Champions League and the cups..Spurs only figure in my thoughts when we play them...We are a far superior side than you, no amount of dreaming will change that, but then you have to get the fantasy in early in the season...Wonder how many games it will be before dissilusionment takes ahold again? 6th place is a place to far methinks for the 'Kack'erals.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Nooo Alley! Your a Gooner! that will just not do. You lot are the ones that are gonna have to milk it early doors. We Spurs are on the rise and this is the season where the North London divide overlaps in our favour. Will be a close one, but I really see us doing it. By the way, your welcome over to watch the Celtic game tonite mate.

This looks the strongest Spurs team for a while.

They have quality players, seem to be playing well and most importanly have a strong squad.

Last year Villa looked like doing it only to fail because their squad wasn't strong enough to sustain the challenge.

Your away form is going to be vital.

I think thats where you going to loose it.

I think Liverpool and Arsenals form is going to be the deciding factor.

If one of these sides struggles then the door is open.

Its going to be an interesting season for sure.

Spurs

Man City

Villa

and Everton are all in the mixer.

I think you guys have got good cause to be optimistic, but just dont' do something dumb like fire Harry if you dont' make the CL this year. It could take 2 or 3 more seasons to bridge the gap.

......Just finishing above us is a good season for you is it....:HaHaHa1:......We actually aim is to win the Premiership, the Champions League and the cups..Spurs only figure in my thoughts when we play them...We are a far superior side than you, no amount of dreaming will change that, but then you have to get the fantasy in early in the season...Wonder how many games it will be before dissilusionment takes ahold again? 6th place is a place to far methinks for the 'Kack'erals.

too right it will be a good season for us, the arse will not be far off winning the league, so if we do finish above you i will be very happy indeed.:Number1a:

Nooo Alley! Your a Gooner! that will just not do. You lot are the ones that are gonna have to milk it early doors. We Spurs are on the rise and this is the season where the North London divide overlaps in our favour. Will be a close one, but I really see us doing it. By the way, your welcome over to watch the Celtic game tonite mate.

..Why is it so many of my mates are Spurs fans??...Ahhh well :Number1a:..Sorry bud cannot make it over tonight, but maybe next week, work permitting

This looks the strongest Spurs team for a while.

They have quality players, seem to be playing well and most importanly have a strong squad.

Last year Villa looked like doing it only to fail because their squad wasn't strong enough to sustain the challenge.

Your away form is going to be vital.

I think thats where you going to loose it.

I think Liverpool and Arsenals form is going to be the deciding factor.

If one of these sides struggles then the door is open.

Its going to be an interesting season for sure.

Spurs

Man City

Villa

and Everton are all in the mixer.

I think you guys have got good cause to be optimistic, but just dont' do something dumb like fire Harry if you dont' make the CL this year. It could take 2 or 3 more seasons to bridge the gap.

I must agree Spurs are looking a better proposition this year, but I don't think they have the belief and neither do the other teams you mention. I think the biggest threat however will be from Citeh, but they do not have the right manager IMO to be true contenders for the top four, but who knows, I have been wrong many times in the past relating to football

too right it will be a good season for us, the arse will not be far off winning the league, so if we do finish above you i will be very happy indeed.:HaHaHa1:

Whatever happens, Spurs will be a far more daunting propostion than previous seasons and I believe they will be one of the teams that will decide the fate of the top four. You have already done Liverpool and whenever you play the other three I will be right behind you (Did I just say that??... :Clap9: )

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

why are 'Spurs' and 'Champions League' in the same sentence?

This is the eighth wonder of the world ........... why, why, why, oh, why??

:Number1a:

On a more serious note, I think that Spurs could be top 6 this term. But not Champs League ...... sorry Todder!! Are you going to stop ignoring me now?

This is the eighth wonder of the world ........... why, why, why, oh, why??

:Number1a:

On a more serious note, I think that Spurs could be top 6 this term. But not Champs League ...... sorry Todder!! Are you going to stop ignoring me now?

no worries mate, i will talk to anyone :HaHaHa1: just watching your lot at celtic park, i hope they have all their luck in europe :Clap9:

Edited by todder

One win and you start dreaming.

Champions league, simple answer , no

One win and you start dreaming.

Champions league, simple answer , no

one day the top four will be split, spurs have the best squad they have had in years, yes only one win, yes i may be dreaming, but hell i do that every season, just have a feeling this IS our year :Drunk:

Gott in himmel!! Spurs are winning 3-1 v Hull ............... AWAY !!! Be afraid, be very afraid!!!

555!!!

1-4 now, Keano::EvilLaugh1:

Edited by todder

I WILL SETTLE FOR 5 THIS WEEK MATE :EvilLaugh1:

I'll settle for 5 at the Lane when we play (and hopefully beat) your lot!!!

:DeadHorse2:

I'll settle for 5 at the Lane when we play (and hopefully beat) your lot!!!

:EvilLaugh1:

that is easier said than done this year :DeadHorse2: