IGNORED

What Is A Good Business Too Have In Pattaya

davidr666

Import Western band (size/quality) condoms and set up stalls in Soi 6, Walking Street, etc... along with direct sales to the high end knock shops and pharmacies. Locals would need to source outside Thailand to compete with you.

Unless you have a 'Dragon's Den' moment, & can rapidly scale up the business before it is quickly copied, I suggest you have a rethink.

If you have £100,000's burning a hole in your pocket, then you could invest in some prime location condos, & make a healthy living from the income.

Or you could blow it all by investing in a Bar / Gogo, thus ensuring that you will have the pick of the prime pussy until you die (or are killed.)

Cynical, some might say? :ThankGod1:

Just remember one thing in LOS.

50% of falang will try to scam you, 50% of falang are full of shit, but the rest are OK :Whistle:

Not a chance mate £100,000 will give you about 5.5mil baht!! you will be lucky to get 5% return!! A friend of mine rents a condo on beach road with a value of 15mill and pays rent 40k!!

Speaking with my business advisor hat on, all you need to do is identify and invest in a type of business where most of the following criteria are met:

* currently little or no competition in Thailand;

* a market-appeal preferably beyond the geographical boundaries of Thailand, such that the potential for higher selling prices can be maximised;

* where local cheap labour will produce a quality assured product or product range or service; and

* the potential for government subsidies as an incentive to job creation.

In the same way that the economically-mature Western countries have allowed call centres to be outsourced to India or manufacturing industries to parts of Eastern Europe and the Third World, what consideration has been given to the retirement sector? At a time when the average age is increasing and life expectancy is becoming greater, I am not aware whether anyone has seriously addressed the potential for the provision of retirement homes, with related care issues, being relocated from high-cost western providers to lower-cost economies such as Thailand. Image a man of 70+ spending his last years being looked after on the Eastern Seaboard of Thailand rather than in some urine-stained geriatric ward or nursing home lounge.

I am not at that stage in my life where I would wish to kick-start a major new business initiative; but I would be quite happy to act as a non-executive director of such a venture.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

• 3 weeks later...

My guess would be a business that buys a Thai made product then sells it out of Thailand, perhaps where you are from. That way you are aiding Thai business growth and not in competition with it. If I knew exactly what that product was---- I would be doing it. But the concept is workable.

should be lots of customers available for this, just not sure how much money you would make.

But the fringe benefits are outstanding......

images.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I would caution that it is very difficult and competetive to do business here. You can set up a Thai company easily enough using a local attorney. But the ongoing cost, both financial and emotional to keep the business in operation can be unsettling. If you plan to have a work permit, you need to pay a minimum tax on yourself, and you have to pay social security for a minimum of 4 employees for each work permit. And the Labor Department has been scrutinizing most foreigner work permits. I would also add that if you are "too successful", you run the risk of being reported to the labor department, immigration, etc. by competetors. So if you do start a new venture, make sure everything is in order, you file and pay tax, etc. etc.

If you do something that you can do from home, on the internet, something that does not require a storefront or a work permit, then it's much easier. You can finesse things if you own a restaurant or a bar, but the success rate for those businesses is very low.

I have a contact here in a Thai bank who knows of a large sum of money that has been laying in the account for many years and will never be claimed,i am willing to share this windfall with you,but we need to get the money out of the country.please send your bank details to me and we will all make a fortune.

Domestic breeding of Varanus Salvator for the purpose of exportation per provisions of CITES convention Appendix II. Published reports indicate that there is no current domestic breeding program. The source of materials for export is mostly from capture/hunting of wild specimens.

"Tua Ngen Tua Thong is fast becoming a highly profitable commercial animal. The skin is highly prized and largely used in the manufacture of leather goods including articles of apparel and household use such as hand bags, wallets, shoes and even watch-straps."

I have a contact here in a Thai bank who knows of a large sum of money that has been laying in the account for many years and will never be claimed,i am willing to share this windfall with you,but we need to get the money out of the country.please send your bank details to me and we will all make a fortune.

Hey dude I sent you my info. :D

Where's my fortune?? :GoldenSmile1:

Why is my debet card not being accepted?? :GiveBeer1:

Women Are Like Elephants. I Like to Look At Em. But I Wouldn't Want to Own One. - WC Fields

After knowing a lot of business owners for the last two years, if i was ever going to invest in Pattaya, I would start a hotel. Using the forums, it would be easy to fill them!

Can anyone please let me know what is a good business too have in pattaya which will last.

fucking monkey buisness the best jst dont get collared

...non national in the UK can start up a business, own it 100% from virtually stepping off the plane and on ANY kind of visa. In fact i wouldnt be 100% sure on this, but i am fairly sure no visa is even asked for...by anyone when the deal is being done. without going through a rigmarole and hoop jumping to end up never really owning fuck all. And i am sure other countries dont apply such stringent measures to their non nationals as the authorities in Thailand do. Sure, they may have some, but not to the extent that the Thai authorirties do

Why, its even rumoured that, if you can afford it, and you are an exiled polititian, you can buy a football club, lock, stock and barrel !!!!! :Stupid1:

You summed it up when you said "One of my Thai friends......" Sure, we as non nationals can scratch a living (sometimes a "not so bad" one, too it has to be said) but thats after putting 10 times the effort, for a tenth of what a Thai would put into the same project.

The point i am getting at?

Think of a word that starts with the letter N, and rhymes with the word "bigger" and then go back in time by, lets say 50 years and THAT'S what i am getting at.

Hedonist

Well if you have bilions you can do whatever you want in thailand too and buy pattaya united lol

Most countries in the world have rules against foreigners buying property in their countries which are somewhat similar to thailand.

I'll explain why thailand has to do this : thai people are very poor and the country is very popular, so if everybody could buy land here for very very cheap, all the land would be bought by foreigners and the country would virtually be owned by foreigners lol even uk wouldnt allow that, ass uk restricts activities of buyers from certain countries. I dont know the uk property law and even dont know of 1 of my countries holland. But it would not be weird if you can buy property here ass a foreigner since very little buyers from outside eu would consider buying a property in western europe except in spain.

Dont get me wrong the laws irritate me also i would rather have them liberalised to some extent att least. But it is understandable that they dont allow foreigners to come and become street vendors etc etc and possibly do the jobs that the impoverished thai citizens can and want to do to make a living.

They should i think think of a better way to atract investments from outside while protecting their own people from huge appreciation of prices what has happened in turkeys popular south coast where the less fortunate turks are very pissed off about, since many people who have lived there for generations cant afford to live in their home cities.

----- The comment about doing business in pattaya, there are many opportunities but most starters have little funds, little know how, and a dreamy way of thinking about shagging hole night and having a business to provide them of money, Well that wont work.

most ex-pats i have met are living in thailand and dont speak thai. You just cant have them all. No funds, no knowledge but make a lot of money by running ant!! :) a bar or restaur. Even in a transparant, and rich country like holland most bar owners dont survive long.

White spider and others are right there are business opportunities in los but whoever has a good idea wont share it with the rest i am afraid :Scared2:

Best business to have in patts ,are the ones that dont involve your money.