Pattaya Live Streams >> Tulip Girls Link Tree | Pattaya Girls Live Facebook | Pattaya Girls Tulip Villa | Nightwish Girls Payment Portal |

IGNORED

What Is A Good Business Too Have In Pattaya

davidr666

Can anyone please let me know what is a good business too have in pattaya which will last.

I am not too sure you have posted this in the right forum, but I would recommend an ATM any day (LOL).

Seriously though, if you read some of the posts on here, you will see that there are about 15 million ways you can screw up and 16 million people waiting to take advantage of you. I would recommend that you buy an internet businesss that you can run from anywhere in the world and not a thai internet business.

There is a website http://www.tsba.info/ which lists businesses for sale in PTY,BKK and PKT. If you look at the last of these you will see a lot of businesses where you can get your money back in under a year. This raises the question, that if the businesses are so profitable, why there so many trying to sell up?

Caveat Emptor!!!!

" We didn't necessarily believe you. We believed your $50". Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) "The Maltese Falcon"

"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you." Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep

Can anyone please let me know what is a good business too have in pattaya which will last.

Policeman!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

mending brocken hearts club or a locker room for brains. where u can pick them up before u go home.

I have done a lot of homework on this and not many businesses can make you a lot of money. Extremely competitive and at the moment tourist numbers are way down on previous years. A lot of long term business owners will tell you this is their worst year for the past 7 or 8 at least. Many are trying to get out at the moment, so my advice is to hang on to your money. If you want to pursue your business option seek out the business guys who have been here a long time and get some honest feedback from them. Most are very helpful.

A good friend of mine says the only way to make a small forune in Pattaya is to start out with a large one!!

• 2 weeks later...

Forget the idea.

I had a reasonably successful business for 5 years and if your happy working 12-16hrs a day to make and keep it successful then go ahead but I can assure you the returns set against hours and numerous headaches are not what you might think once you’ve paid you monthly costs.

Managing Thai staff is a story in itself.

If you sink your money into a bar type business which requires you to PR the place I can 99.9% guarantee you’ll end up with a drink problem.

Unless you’re tee-total or very strong willed.

If you want to do anything at all buy something like a house or condo which you can put out to lease. If its not rented out then its not costing you a great deal whereas a bar type business with few customers which is the case at this moment in time still has rent, staff, electricity, water and probably the BIB to pay.

And when there’s little money in the till bills just might have to be paid out of the ‘other pocket’.

My advice for the moment is to sit on your money, put your feet up, relax and enjoy all Thailand has to offer.

Best Advice "NONE"

So much negativity. I think people need to get out more - literally. I am not so sure about Pattaya itself but there are hundreds, if not thousands of successful guys in Thailand.

Here's a few professions that I know some very successful guys foing.

Property developement - if you are a risk taker and good at it (take Mt Raimon for example).

Legal services

Several factory owners.

A guy with an insulation company - I kid not.

A guy who builds house extensions - glass/conservatory type.

At least one gayboy gogo bar owner + his odd sidekick :)

TOPPS food supermarkets!! (add Tesco if you like too LOL)

Two things these people all have on common (that many forget) is high capital input and top notch Thai partners. Its a fallacy that all Thai businessmen want to rip you off. If you are making them good divi's why would they?

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Policeman!

you mean a tourist policeman, i think you need to know Thai for that.

Men fall in love by their eye`s, woman fall in love by their ear`s.

mending brocken hearts club or a locker room for brains. where u can pick them up before u go home.

Private eye`s make money out of broken hearts.

Men fall in love by their eye`s, woman fall in love by their ear`s.

I agree - Private Investigator - I have spent more $$$$$s on them than on drinks which brings another profession to mind - Psycologist and you probably dont need a degree just common sense

So much negativity. I think people need to get out more - literally. I am not so sure about Pattaya itself but there are hundreds, if not thousands of successful guys in Thailand.

Here's a few professions that I know some very successful guys foing.

Property developement - if you are a risk taker and good at it (take Mt Raimon for example).

Legal services

Several factory owners.

A guy with an insulation company - I kid not.

A guy who builds house extensions - glass/conservatory type.

At least one gayboy gogo bar owner + his odd sidekick :bj9:

TOPPS food supermarkets!! (add Tesco if you like too LOL)

Two things these people all have on common (that many forget) is high capital input and top notch Thai partners. Its a fallacy that all Thai businessmen want to rip you off. If you are making them good divi's why would they?

Ok, just two things, i want to mention/ask:

The OP asked opinions of whats a good business to have in PATTAYA...correct?

Now, i have no idea how many times/how long you have spent in Pattaya, but i can safely guarantee that all and everything that anyone could think of to want, or need is ALREADY well catered for in the city, to the point of it being in an oversupply situation, the likes of which we are seeing now. In fact, there is probably things there that you would never imagine anyone could, or would ever need, but its STILL there in abundance.

On the million to one chance that you DO dream up a business idea, that no one has tried, or thought of and you put into practice, i 100% guarantee that, within a week there will be at least 4 or 5 places of the same nature opened up very near to yours, probably some in the same soi as yours, with a VERY similar name and business model as yours. By the end of the month that you started this wonderful business model, there would be HUNDREDS of them, all undercutting yours, because they are run by Thais, and, therefore not subject to the ever increasingly (is that a proper word, lol???) stringent laws and regulations concerned with, and covering businesses run by non Thais.

Second out of the two things.... how many of these wonderful business ideas you list above have YOU invested YOUR time, YOUR cash and YOUR comittment into??

Or, in fact, have you, or are you involved in ANY business venture in Pattaya, or the greater Thailand?

Hedonist

Edited by hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Now, i have no idea how many times/how long you have spent in Pattaya, but i can safely guarantee that all and everything that anyone could think of to want, or need is ALREADY well catered for in the city, to the point of it being in an oversupply situation, the likes of which we are seeing now. In fact, there is probably things there that you would never imagine anyone could, or would ever need, but its STILL there in abundance.

On the million to one chance that you DO dream up a business idea, that no one has tried, or thought of and you put into practice, i 100% guarantee that, within a week there will be at least 4 or 5 places of the same nature opened up very near to yours, probably some in the same soi as yours, with a VERY similar name and business model as yours. By the end of the month that you started this wonderful business model, there would be HUNDREDS of them, all undercutting yours, because they are run by Thais, and, therefore not subject to the ever increasingly (is that a proper word, lol???) stringent laws and regulations concerned with, and covering businesses run by non Thais.

Second out of the two things.... how many of these wonderful business ideas you list above have YOU invested YOUR time, YOUR cash and YOUR comittment into??

Or, in fact, have you, or are you involved in ANY business venture in Pattaya, or the greater Thailand?

Hedonist

Hi Bud

Point taken re Pattaya and I did say I was referring to Thailand in general although the ones I mention are all in Chonburi province with the exception of some of the factories which are in Rayong province. I was simply making the point that it CAN be done, not recommending those.

All the ones mentioned are known to me - except the gaffer at Tescos :bj9:

Your points about the copycat culture is definitely true. However you can balance that by the fact that there are always opportunities to buy in to solid existing businesses if you dont wish to start a new one. Sure, some people are selling for the wrong reasons, but people also retire, semi retire, need capital to expand, wish to move to a new challenge etc.

No I haven't invested in the ones mentioned - again I am simply showing examples of what can be possible. I am not recommending them.

My point was to play devils advocate and balance the argument that its "impossible" when it is not.

Whilst I dont wish to discuss my private life here the answer to your final question is yes. No, I dont live in Pattaya and again I accept your points about that. I am sure several other BMs can vouch that I do OK.

Hedonist

This applies to every town/city in the world, I don't know what your getting at. A good businessman can overcome these problems. Someone experienced/skilled can find themselves a place in any market. The problem with Pattaya is people do there first business start ups.

One of my Thai friends opened up a nightclub in Pattaya and I never thought it would work, but he rakes it in!

I think , so only business you can run as a male foreigner is selling aspirin .If you think you haye enough money to start a business in a foreign country , bring it to a bank and stay calm otherwise you are burning your money.

This applies to every town/city in the world, I don't know what your getting at. A good businessman can overcome these problems. Someone experienced/skilled can find themselves a place in any market. The problem with Pattaya is people do there first business start ups.

One of my Thai friends opened up a nightclub in Pattaya and I never thought it would work, but he rakes it in!

But not to the extent that it happens in Pattaya, and, for that matter, Thailand, with its anti farang business laws. You know yourself that any non national in the UK can start up a business, own it 100% from virtually stepping off the plane and on ANY kind of visa. In fact i wouldnt be 100% sure on this, but i am fairly sure no visa is even asked for...by anyone when the deal is being done. without going through a rigmarole and hoop jumping to end up never really owning fuck all. And i am sure other countries dont apply such stringent measures to their non nationals as the authorities in Thailand do. Sure, they may have some, but not to the extent that the Thai authorirties do

Why, its even rumoured that, if you can afford it, and you are an exiled polititian, you can buy a football club, lock, stock and barrel !!!!! :Chokdee:

You summed it up when you said "One of my Thai friends......" Sure, we as non nationals can scratch a living (sometimes a "not so bad" one, too it has to be said) but thats after putting 10 times the effort, for a tenth of what a Thai would put into the same project.

The point i am getting at?

Think of a word that starts with the letter N, and rhymes with the word "bigger" and then go back in time by, lets say 50 years and THAT'S what i am getting at.

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

I read your post a few days back and at first I thought "Everything has been done". Then I thought, what happens to all the ex-pats that die in LOS? Just in Patters there must be 4 or 5 a week. Do they get dispatched the Thai way, or is someone providing a Western style service. Maybe a Western style funeral home could be the go. I know it seems a bit out there......but you did ask!

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

If you read forums on here and other sites like Thai Visa and Teak Door nobody would ever open a business in los and nobody would ever marry a Thai woman. There is a lot of holiday makers who suddenly think they are business and relationship experts because they spend 2 weeks in Pattaya every year.

You do what you feel comfortable with. If you have money to invest and some business accum you can open a business anywhere.

Some business fail and some dont the same as anywhere. Like someone else said you are giving yourself a huge advantage by having a Thai partner and being aware of local market conditions.

I know a bloke who opened a small bar in Pattaya. It didn't make him a fortune but it gave him enough income to live in Los for 6 years and have the best time of his life. When he came back to the UK he was not destitute, had never been ripped off, was not an alcoholic and was happily married to a Thai bird and had a kid.

Be careful about who you take advice off and follow your instincts.

The reason you here about a lot of businesses failing in Pattaya is because guys go out there on holiday and decide they want to live in the place. They have never had a business before and don't have a clue what they are doing with regards to the complexities of run a venture.

Edited by Scottish Gary

You Dont Need Eyes To See

You Need Vision

I think one of the easiest ways to live the "dream life" in LOS is simply take the job you have today, if your companies providing a tangible product vs say a service (although a service business could work also). You can start your own company selling the competitors product/service or better yet your companies product, you work out a straight commission deal or fixed price deal with owner or senior management put in the 2-3 years start up effort (this is the hard part but you can do it)...get some solid accounts and everybody's happy. I did it and so did several friends of mine, we make far more money, total freedom, drop ship to our accounts, we just sell, take orders and bill, all electronically, we don't accept checks only wires etc. With today's technology I can do it all from my Blackberry from anywhere..I'll be having a great time in say Insomnia at 4am and get an email with new order and just crack up! It really works, your company loves you off their payroll/expense books, you can sell accessory products from other manufacturers and work out all sorts of side deals including health insurance etc.

Just some thoughts, I don't live in LOS as I've got a daughter to look after for a few more years but I would have tried it otherwise and visit often.

Also everything I've ever seen from this "Whitespider" has been impressive to me....I've no idea who he is but he knows what he's talking about.

Hope this helps somebody.

If it flies, floats or f's....Rent It!!

you mean a tourist policeman, i think you need to know Thai for that.

No, I meant a standard BIB type copper. That way you can just wander around all the falang owned businesses and simply collect your hard earned dividends. Best job in the world!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

No, I meant a standard BIB type copper. That way you can just wander around all the falang owned businesses and simply collect your hard earned dividends. Best job in the world!

................one for the most senior policemen in Pattaya is a Scottish person. Our kids used to go the same school.............never let me bend his ear though.

Unless you have a 'Dragon's Den' moment, & can rapidly scale up the business before it is quickly copied, I suggest you have a rethink.

If you have £100,000's burning a hole in your pocket, then you could invest in some prime location condos, & make a healthy living from the income.

Or you could blow it all by investing in a Bar / Gogo, thus ensuring that you will have the pick of the prime pussy until you die (or are killed.)

Cynical, some might say? :)

Just remember one thing in LOS.

50% of falang will try to scam you, 50% of falang are full of shit, but the rest are OK :rolleyes:

sgu_banner.gif