IGNORED

Thaksin On Way Back ?

loneranger

Simple fact is its Thai business so best keep our noses out of it.

On a personal note i like the yellow shirts got stuck in Bkk for 5 extra days when they had a sitting at the airport.

Five extra days with my son and wife.

Don't like the red shirts got stuck in a traffic jam for 2 hours because of them simple as that.

:D

Don't forget the yellow shirts are supported by someone much more influential than him. This supporter is female by the way.

and your point is ?

another one from thaksin in the bankok post 26/07/2009

former prime minister thaksin shinawatra posted a message on twitter social network website

on his 60th birthday on sunday, saying he would like to see reconciliation in the country as his

birthday present

thaksin also wished the king good health and long life.

the ousted premier thanked more than two thousand people who sent their wishesto his homepage in

the morning

he also thanked the prime minister abhisit vejjajiva for his wish.

:if you (thaksin) have the dharma eye,i wish you have a happier life,* mr abhisit posted on the website.

thaksin said he would support mr abhisit in solving national problems, the fugitive politician also

offered to help the premier if he needed assistance

it just makes me :huh: as its him causing and paying for a lot of the s*** that is happening in the country

if he really wants to help hecould hand himself in to face the music

Agree with the previous poster who reminded everyone about TS's policies regarding early closing and a crackdown on the entertainment districts. His aim is to eventually close down the sex for sale industry. His attitudes towards civil rights were also interesting. I'm no advocate of drugs but shooting alleged dealers rather than arresting them does seem a little on the harsh side.

I highly doubt there is any truth in the OP. Regardless of wealth returning TS home now would simply cause problems for the current unelected government and create huge fractures in what is a fragile peace at the moment. TIT and most BMs are aware of the ever so slightly corruptable side of life here. If a government was inclined to 'make a few quid on the side' I'm sure they could make plenty without taking TS coin! I have no doubt we haven't heard the last of him though. The next elections wil certainly be 'interesting'.

Choosing political allegiance based on time spent in traffic jams? Interesting concept! :Fuck_Knows:

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion his government was lawfully elected before being ousted by a military coup so what ever our thoughts on his policies and how he got the votes he did get them. I dont claim to know much about this but IMO he would be better for the country than current PM who seems to be doing much at all. They should allow him back and dissolve parliment and hold a fresh election with his originalk party not outlawed. But to be honest we should just leave this stuff to the thai's. In my home country ,Northern Ireland, the second highest polition is an admitted terrorist, who if he was a muslim terrorist would be in guantanamo bay. Obama won the state of California and more than 100% of the population voted (? how does this happen?). Gordon Brown was never elected as PM of UK. SO our own countries have their own political problems.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

I used to go missing a lot...Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World.

George Best the World Greatest.. Just ask Pele