IGNORED

Please read this thread - just trying to prevent zillions of questions.

LaaMok

For those that don't understand why we have had a major change, the software that we and other pattaya/thailand forums use is Invision, they have just rewritten the whole lot of software from the ground up, improving things and adding new features. Our mod/admin area has totally been remapped, so we are trying to relearn the whole lot. All the other forums will be following shortly. We had 57,000 pm's to convert, 700,000 posts, avatars, signatures etc so we shut down the forum to prevent problems.

Please read the notes below.

Lo-Fi Skin

Firstly for those that can only see text format, they need to go to the bottom left of the forum, use the drop down box. Select IP Board.

Reputation System

Due to complaints and lack of time to deal with them, we have adjusted the reputation system so only positive points can be added to peoples posts, for those with negative reputation points, they will be positive eventually.

PM system

To send a pm to someone, look out for the letter icon on there post, or click on the drop down arrow on your own name at the top right of the screen.

My assistant, all your details, last posts/threads etc

Clicking on your profile will give your info, such as your friends list and your last lots of posts/threads.

Picture Resize

Pictures can now be uploaded in bulk, they are not all resizing currently properly, we are aware of this issue.

Shoutbox

The shoutbox is slow and causing us problems. This may go on and off according to server load and upgrades/tweaks. Your constructive criticism is welcome.

Facebook

You can now connect your facebook account with addicts, you should be able to use same login name and it will update profile picture and a few simple things. This function is simple by purpose, there are enough changes without bringing on new problems, this function will be developed over time.

View New Content

This function was changed so as you visit threads, they get taken off the list, i have made adjustments to this, so that it acts like the old one. We are also aware that we all want extra information added to the list, such as

Last Page button

Last page view button

First Page Button

Topic Started by

Topic start date

I will try and add these as soon as possible.

Thread Subtitle

We have had complaints that its too hard to read, we will be trying to adjust this when we can.

Nested Quotes

We will have a vote on this, if people want it, we will add it, but it seems the common feeling is that its not wanted.

I will be updating this thread as things progress.

Good post, Thanks.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I have Just Added "View Active Posts" at the top

This will show you all the threads active within the last 24 hours, this will be my preferable choice to "View New Content" which some are saying isnt good because once they reply to a thread it drops off. (until someone posts on it again)

thanks for all your hardwork HOMOs.... LOL......

you know i love ya'll......

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

I have Just Added "View Active Posts" at the top

This will show you all the threads active within the last 24 hours, this will be my preferable choice to "View New Content" which some are saying isnt good because once they reply to a thread it drops off. (until someone posts on it again)

was it intentional to have it open in a new tab?

The lo-fi version works really great for me except I don't have a clear option to view new posts or new content. My current choices are to switch to normal, click for new content and then switch back to lo-fi or to add a seperate bookmark for the new content search after I log in.

I surf this site very often on my iPhone (like right NOW actually), so being able to see new content/posts from lo-fi would really help. Let me know if I somehow missed it.

Also, are scrolling text banners a thing of the past now? They were great for the meet-ups.

Eat. Down. South.

I cant access shout box ? Is this for trusted members only or are you aware not all people can access. System lot faster today by the way.

I hope you guys are gonna change it back to how it was before. The new format is giving me the creeps

Sorry to say but I prefer the board the way it was!

When it's not broke why change it?

Chris

Just another day in Paradise!

New format is great. I'm sure conversion wasn't fun. Thanks!

We got into the cab - the cab driver said

He recognized my girlie from the back of her head

- The Beastie Boys

Chris

Gotta agree with this. The older version was more user friendly. Everything was easy to see and clearly visible. I don't understand why the admins decided to change it, considering the old version was working fine for the past few years.

As far as I can see, there is nothing new of significant importance that has been added to the new design.

I hope the admins re-think their decision!

Gotta agree with this. The older version was more user friendly. Everything was easy to see and clearly visible. I don't understand why the admins decided to change it, considering the old version was working fine for the past few years.

As far as I can see, there is nothing new of significant importance that has been added to the new design.

I hope the admins re-think their decision!

i'm sure with time people will get used to the new format. like anything in life tings move and chane. we just need to learn how the new format works and get on with it. give it few weeks you will have forgot what the old site looked like!

center]'''''''''''You only pass through this life once; you don't come back for an encore.''''''''''''[/center]

I do like the changes with the new format,

the layout and the colors are far better than how it was before and more user frienly,

and the ShoutBox seems to load faster than it did and not slowing down the content download speed.

Very nice job indeed !.

For those that don't understand why we have had a major change, the software that we and other pattaya/thailand forums use is Invision, they have just rewritten the whole lot of software from the ground up, improving things and adding new features. Our mod/admin area has totally been remapped, so we are trying to relearn the whole lot. All the other forums will be following shortly. We had 57,000 pm's to convert, 700,000 posts, avatars, signatures etc so we shut down the forum to prevent problems.

----------------------------------------

Thanks Lamook for all the hardwork

you all put in for us others

glegolo :)

I love to miss the cold and windy weather of Sweden. And i love to miss the "ladies" in Sweden,

so a big Hurra for the rest of my life down here in Thailand

Glegolo

How do I turn the chat box off? Before there was a configuration option

I consider it a waste of page space, download time and bandwidth.

Why put inane drivel in such a prominent place?

www.PattayaGoGos.com: ThaiAnxiety Enjoying nightlife in Pattaya

I know once everyone gets comfortable with something they don't like change. That's human nature but:

I think it will be for the better once everyone gets used to it.

Lo-fi is a joke! you cant see half the board. this is meant to be constructive of course!!

Chris

Hi Chris,

why get new computers when the old ones work already?

why get a good car when you can get and old one that does the same job?

why improve your house when you can, when you can sleep in it already?

If you don't understand, I will try and explain.

• All forums will be forced to go to this software at some point, if we don't keep with updates, we are vulnerable to new hacks.
  • The forum has new improved features, to make things quicker and easier
  • Features that are innovating, which make life easier
  • Extra moderation tools that take less time
  • A new modern look, opposed to the outdated one
  • Every business, bar, nightclub has to modernise, its the same for sites

It was a nice facelift for sure :laugh:

C O L O M B I A 

Great job, but a lot of work, I bet.

Only problem I have now is, I have not got a dialogue box for writing in the shout box.

Can see all the comments, but can´t write anything.

Apart from that, well done.

Add life to your days,

not days to your life.

I like the new look and features, thanks

I do have the same problem with the shoutbox as topdogdk though. I wonder if it is browser related, i'm using ie7

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

iPhone interface (lo-fi?) is pretty good too - just needs so e main menu options restored.

I've been trying to reply to a couple of posts but it's taking ages for the attachments option to load. Don't think it's my computer as the other forums are working fine.