IGNORED

Please read this thread - just trying to prevent zillions of questions.

LaaMok

why get new computers when the old ones work already?

I get a new computer because I want a faster one, then install Windows XP and set it up for a Classic interface (Win 2000)

This way all my shortcut works, the key strokes are the same and things are to be found where I expect to find them.

why get a good car when you can get and old one that does the same job?

Poor analogy as far as I see it, but when I do get a new car I expect the gear-shift to be between the front seats; I expect the accelerator to be to the right of the break pedal; etc., etc.

If the elementary is not as I would expect, then the old one will do.

All forums will be forced to go to this software at some point, if we don't keep with updates, we are vulnerable to new hacks.

I understand that other forums rigorously will resist this upgrade.

IP Board is not so powerful it can force changes and keep customers.

Even Microsoft cannot; look XP still available after um-teen announcements of discontinued support.

The forum has new improved features, to make things quicker and easier

Features that are innovating, which make life easier

Don't doubt the more features, but quicker and easier is not the experience of mine so far.

Extra moderation tools that take less time

Good for you

A new modern look, opposed to the outdated one

While improvements cal always be made; this 'modern' look IMO is not for the better.

Every business, bar, nightclub has to modernise, its the same for sites

True, but in the end it is the customer that has the final word.

Don't mean to be overly negative here, but I think this is a step backwards, especially for those who happen to like the previous interface.

Case in point, why might it be that Microsoft continue to offer the option for a 'classic' view or interface?

When i use "view new content" is there a way to go immediately to the last page of the post? it seems like i can only click on the post which brings me to the first page, with the longer threads I like to just check up on the most recent posts,

thanks!

Poor analogy as far as I see it, but when I do get a new car I expect the gear-shift to be between the front seats; I expect the accelerator to be to the right of the break pedal; etc., etc.

If the elementary is not as I would expect, then the old one will do.

Still a poor analogy. Cars where not originally developed with the current control layout, it was not really 'standardised until the 1930's/1940's and only after a lot of experimentation and change in order to find out the 'ideal' layout. If people had not experimented and invented new ideas regarding the control system we would be stuck with the original. Even today there are those who think the current layout could be improved in various ways. Market forces probably will prevent that ever happening and therefore may deny us the opportunity for an enhanced vehicle experience. Luckily the web is not like that and changes can be made (and unmade) easily.

Contrary to popular thinking the customer is not always right, in fact the customer is usually a luddite. To take your windows xp analogy, when that was first released I hated it, now I love it and am resisting vista etc. If Microsoft had listened to me back then we would still be using windows 98!!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Ok, now I can't even view the Report Problems here page because Internet Explorer has an issue with some embbed code or something, so I'm going to bitch here, YET AGAIN!

My first gripe is stated above.

My new gripe is actually an old gripe. I hate all this colored red, green, blue or whatever text. There's just too much going on. Black and White should be default.

Board is too slow damn it. Why did we have to be the earlier adopters of new code?

Edited by SoCo MoFo

Eat. Down. South.

Ok, WTF is up with all attached images no longer being viewable? Now you have to click on each one and wait for the stupid fancy loading. To see all pics in a thread now takes eons, whereas before it would take seconds to scan photos in an entire page of photos and just look at what you want.

Frankly speaking, it's ruined the forum. I despise this. Finding the time to come here and read is hard enough, but removing the ability to easily see photos as you read reports, etc. is insane.

Why has this happened and can you please get rid of this new feature?

Thanks

At the very least visitors need to see a thumbnail preview. Definitely a significant turn for the worse.

Ok, WTF is up with all attached images no longer being viewable? Now you have to click on each one and wait for the stupid fancy loading. To see all pics in a thread now takes eons, whereas before it would take seconds to scan photos in an entire page of photos and just look at what you want.

Frankly speaking, it's ruined the forum. I despise this. Finding the time to come here and read is hard enough, but removing the ability to easily see photos as you read reports, etc. is insane.

Why has this happened and can you please get rid of this new feature?

Thanks

At the very least visitors need to see a thumbnail preview. Definitely a significant turn for the worse.

Pictures in the Trusted Members area should not be hidden away like this. It needs to go back to the way it was before. Big time. this is no joke.

We haven't chosen to do this, it is another problem that has just popped up, thanks for letting us know. We will get this sorted asap! Thanks for your patience and support!

• 3 months later...

Hey LaaMok, I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but could you briefly explain the numbers in parentheses

to the right of the name in the "Today's Top Posters" section (right column, main page).

Thx

<center>To know when to be generous and when firm — that is wisdom.

Most things break, including hearts. The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.</center>