IGNORED

30 day Visa

CaptainPugwash

How do i get around this problem guys.

Standard visa is 30 days stay only but im staying for 50?! I thought i could do a border run and nip to Cambodia maybe, back over and get a fresh 30 day stay but he says it does not work like that.

How can i get around this and what are the implications of an over stay.?

Standard visa is 30 days stay only but im staying for 50?! I thought i could do a border run and nip to Cambodia maybe, back over and get a fresh 30 day stay but he says it does not work like that.

Easy fella. Apply to the Thai Consulate in Newcastle (from memory) for a Tourist visa before you go. It cost me last year £28 and you can stay for up to 60 days (no boarder runs!). Very speedy service, my passport was returned with the 'due' stamp in about 3-4 days of despatch. Don't overstay, costs too much!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

If you overstay your visa in Thailand, you'll have to pay a fine of 500 baht a day - and you could get in real trouble with local police officers.

The daily cost of overstaying your tourist visa in Thailand more than doubled recently, with offenders required to pay 500 Thai Baht per day of overstay when they leave the country. Previously the daily fine was 200 Baht. Thailand issues a 30 day tourist visa on arrival for most nationalities when they enter the country, and if you should overstay for a couple of days, they will simply fine you the extra money at the airport as you leave. It's a well-drilled procedure with little unpleasantness to it.

However, even though immigration staff at the airport make dealing with an overstay fine a mere formality, if you are stopped by a Thai police officer in the street and found to have overstayed your visa, you run the very real risk of being imprisoned immediately. I'm not exaggerating here. Going to the airport and paying your overstay fine is technically considered to be surrendering yourself to the law - whereas being caught by a police officer is considered as being found breaking the law.

This was starkly demonstrated recently when 12 tourists on a visa run to the Burma border to renew their Thai visas were stopped and subsequently arrested by the Thai police, forced to spend two days in a Thai jail and were then deported. This harsh treatment was despite the fact none of them had overstayed for more than six days.

Moral of the story - don't overstay. If you want to stay longer than 30 days in Thailand, either organize a visa run to happen the day before your visa expires, or ensure you get a 60 day visa from the Thai Embassy before you leave your home country.

pabannerscaled.jpg

Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.

(Murphy's Law Of Combat)

Dont ever give your passport to any "visa office" advertising visa runs in Patts-it's illegal and you risk being kicked out of the country for good.

Just apply for a 60 day visa before you leave - no visa runs or messing about in Los - job done :Question:

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

You can do Cambodia border runs, 2000 - 2500 baht and it will get you 15 days each trip. You can do it as many times as you want.

Aâ™  If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Apply for a 60 day tourist visa before you go - if in the UK, use the consulate in Hull. They were running a special offer where this was free, don't know if this is still running.

As people have said just get a 60 day tourist visa from your own country before you leave. Then you are good for 60 days. You can also extend it at immigration for another 30 days if you wish for 1900 baht giving you 90 days in total without ever leaving the country.

Thanks lads, glad i asked really as i would have fucked up haha. Will apply for 60 day tourist via Hull probably. SOS really looking forward to a few nights in Babydolls!

Thanks lads, glad i asked really as i would have fucked up haha. Will apply for 60 day tourist via Hull probably. SOS really looking forward to a few nights in Babydolls!

Mate if u live in London u can get the tourist visa from the thai consul in central london too.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Are they still issuing the free 60 day tourist visas or has that offer expired?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Just checked, 60 day visa is still free (until June 4)

im going for 60 days and what im going to do is fly to angeles city stay for 3 days then fly back so when i arrive in bkk again i will get another 30 day stamp on my visa.easy.

Thats exactly what i was going to do?! Fly to Cambodia, stay a week and then come back to Thailand but my mate said it does not work like that? Im confused, is it really that simple as if it is i'll just visit AC or Cambodia.

Thats exactly what i was going to do?! Fly to Cambodia, stay a week and then come back to Thailand but my mate said it does not work like that? Im confused, is it really that simple as if it is i'll just visit AC or Cambodia.

Yep if you arrive by air you get 30 days if by land you get 15 days simple as that.

All ive got in this world are my word and my balls and i dont break them for nobody

Money Number 1

A 30 day visa does not exist. Someone is lying to you.

Apply for a 60 days visa before you go is the best way, and ensure that you not get into any trouble on your trip.

have a great trip!!!

life is great when you are in pattaya:)

Removed - mistake

Edited by Gator001

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

hi guys, I'm going for less then 30 days, and whas told that if you go less then 30 days you don't need visa anymore.

Then why are you guys all talking about 30-days visa????

You can also read it on the national belgian info site, so I don't think i'm wrong in this, if so,please tell me :MonkeyFight:

hi guys, I'm going for less then 30 days, and whas told that if you go less then 30 days you don't need visa anymore.

Then why are you guys all talking about 30-days visa????

You can also read it on the national belgian info site, so I don't think i'm wrong in this, if so,please tell me :MonkeyFight:

I think the OP is actually saying that he will be coming on a 30-day visa exemption, not a 30-day visa. There is a list of countries who's passport holders may be granted a 30-day visa exemption automatically, by just going through immigration at the airport. A lot of people just refer to the stamp as a tourist visa, but it actually means you are allowed to be in the country for 30 days without a visa.

I am also curious to know if the 30-day exemption can be extended, or if a quick fly-out and fly back in will work, anybody know? I am actually going to LOS this week, going last minute, so no time for tourist visa. Is it possible to get a longer stay on a 30-day stamp? Is there a time limit on leaving and entering again to get an additional 30-days?

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

I think the OP is actually saying that he will be coming on a 30-day visa exemption, not a 30-day visa. There is a list of countries who's passport holders may be granted a 30-day visa exemption automatically, by just going through immigration at the airport. A lot of people just refer to the stamp as a tourist visa, but it actually means you are allowed to be in the country for 30 days without a visa.

I am also curious to know if the 30-day exemption can be extended, or if a quick fly-out and fly back in will work, anybody know? I am actually going to LOS this week, going last minute, so no time for tourist visa. Is it possible to get a longer stay on a 30-day stamp? Is there a time limit on leaving and entering again to get an additional 30-days?

in the new airport in bkk there are also visa desk before you come to imigration desk, there you also can ask about visa and apply for a 60 days visa.

life is great when you are in pattaya:)

You can extend it 7 days in Jomtien for 1900 Baht.

There is not a limit on flying in and out but I guess it is always up the decision of immigration

in the new airport in bkk there are also visa desk before you come to imigration desk, there you also can ask about visa and apply for a 60 days visa.

Have you done this and got 60 days? I think this desk is for people that do not qualify for the visa waiver program and get a 'visa on arrival' . please confirm

In most countries tourist visa is 90 days for the first time applicant.Do thailand have the same system or just 30 days as the maximum.Any answer will be welcome.Thank you