Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

30 day Visa

CaptainPugwash

In most countries tourist visa is 90 days for the first time applicant.Do thailand have the same system or just 30 days as the maximum.Any answer will be welcome.Thank you

Check this, it gives a good overview of Thai Visas.

http://www.thaivisa.com

A tourist visa to Thailand has to be applied for outside of Thailand, this will give you 60 days and can be extended for another 30 days.

Right,if you fly to Thailand without previously having obtained a visa from the country that you have come from, assuming in this case that is the UK and you hold a UK passport,then upon arrival you get a stamp in your passport which permits you to stay in Thailand for up to 30 days.It is not a visa,nor is it a visa on arrival,nor is it a visa waiver,which are all different things.It is what it says,a permission to stay stamp.If you subsequently leave Thailand,and go to any other country,on your return,again assuming you have not obtained a proper visa in that country,you will get another 30 day permission to stay stamp,if arriving by air,or 15 days if at a land border.As many other posters have said,the simplest solution,in the OP's case,is to get a single entry Tourist Visa from either Hull or Birmingham(by post),which I believe is free until the 4th of June

The only "Western style bar in Ha Tien" www.oasisbarhatien.com

Im confused....let me explain my scenario. I might be laid off here in Iraq and want to stay in Thailand 90 days to avoid a HUGE tax payment to the USA. From what I understand I can apply for a tourist visa from the USA and get 60 days and then re-new it for another 30 DAYS?

Is there such thing as staying 6 months without leaving for a border run?

...................Is there such thing as staying 6 months without leaving for a border run?

I don't think so, as I suspect you're not retired, married to a Thai etc..

The best option might be the One Year Multi Entry if you can get one and do the border runs every 90 days i.e. one in your case.

I believe they announced recently that the limit on the 15 day border runs to extend the Visa Exemption is now maximum four (no relevance to the above Visa).

Ill fone threw let them know your coming and arrange for you to be deported LMAO

Dont ever give your passport to any "visa office" advertising visa runs in Patts-it's illegal and you risk being kicked out of the country for good.

Just apply for a 60 day visa before you leave - no visa runs or messing about in Los - job done :Chokdee3:

I've had heard that the immigration have new rule again,the foreghners will allow to enter the cambodian boarder 4 times every 15 days..

I've had heard that the immigration have new rule again,the foreghners will allow to enter the cambodian boarder 4 times every 15 days..

First post I see. If you go 4 times every 15 days it'll be cheaper to live there.

Look 2 posts above yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...let me add to the confusion. I am making plans to return to pattaya in july, 09 fo 30 to 45 days........1 ?..if i arrive at 11.30 pm (24.30hrs) on the first day of july. Does that count as one day ?..........2....for 30 days , do I have until the 30th or the 31st to leave Thailand , if I arrive on the 1st ?.....3...If I want to stay longer than 30 days.... I should fly to KL, Singapore or wherever and back and get re stamped for another 30 days....or I can travel by car to cambodia and get 15 days ....That correct ?..........I am not trying to be a smart azz or a dumazz here.....Thanks