Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How much do they earn?

I've seen quite a few different guesses on this board about wages/saleries that the Thais recieve.

I'm interested to see how close or far off the mark we are from the real figures. So here are a few jobs that I'm interested to know your opinions on:-

Noodle soup seller on Sukhumvit

Gogo bar girl

QC controll worker factory

Taxi driver

Assume all these are around the Bangkok area

Edited by Goldfishpie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Goldfishpie

• sinclair1969

• BangkapiBoy

• lincslad

Noodle soup seller: Hard to say. They could make 40,000B/m easy if they are popular with a good following, or just around 5,000B if they are not.

Gogo bargirl: I would say around 40,000B and up (can go way up) typically.

factory worker: 4,000B to 10,000B

The Noodle seller. I've got my figures from the family who live across the road from me. They actually sell noodles at a temple. Put it this way they only work 2 or 3 days a week.

Noodle soup seller: Hard to say. They could make 40,000B/m easy if they are popular with a good following, or just around 5,000B if they are not.

Gogo bargirl: I would say around 40,000B and up (can go way up) typically.

factory worker: 4,000B to 10,000B

Is that an hour ?

The Noodle sellers reckon they earn 10,000 bht a day. Not that difficult when you do the maths.

The taxi guy I know reckons he makes about 40,000 bht a month after expenses.

The QC factory worker 10,000 with OT

The Gogo girl I didn't know. ALthough I know someone who works in a massage parlour and can get about 60,000 in a good month.

They all live cheaply as well. They must have loads in the bank.

The Noodle sellers reckon they earn 10,000 bht a day. Not that difficult when you do the maths.

These seem too high to me. 10,000 Baht a day for selling noodles? at 35 baht per bowl that is around 285 bowls per day if you count 10K as revenue. Not sure about the expenses of the food, plastic bowls, chopsticks, etc but the noodle carts I see are not capable of serving 285 bowls per day. Just my feeling

Well, They've got about 6/7 tables set up on the roadside with their stall. They sell noodles,soft drinks and coffee. They leave about 5.30 in the morning and get back about 11pm. I was shocked at first, but I reckon this is quite easily possible. Although I would not think that this figure is prfit.

The true fact in Thailand is the average wages in Thailand is 5500 baht a month... I know for the facts that agogo girls dancers earns 10,000 bahts amonth for just appearing at the club and dancing excluding bar fines percentages , farangs pay and tips ... Could be a tune of over 50,000 bahts a month . The agogo girls are believed to be one of the highest paid jobs in Thailand among the doctors. judges, .

A bar girl that I spent a couple days with last summer had 40k baht in her bank account (I snooped in her purse while she was in the shower and found a bank deposit receipt). She was a looker, a great lay, tight body and no children. I saw her room, which was a decent 2 bedroom place out on Soi Siam Country Club where she lived with her brother and his girlfriend (who owned a papaya salad cart).

Not a great nest egg, but not bad for LOS.

A bar girl that I spent a couple days with last summer had 40k baht in her bank account (I snooped in her purse while she was in the shower and found a bank deposit receipt). She was a looker, a great lay, tight body and no children. I saw her room, which was a decent 2 bedroom place out on Soi Siam Country Club where she lived with her brother and his girlfriend (who owned a papaya salad cart).

Not a great nest egg, but not bad for LOS.

Snooping in her purse... um.. Maybe another poll.. Do you look in your BF's purse when she is in the shower??

Snooping in her purse... um.. Maybe another poll.. Do you look in your BF's purse when she is in the shower??

That is unacceptable behavior even for a low-life falang like me! Way, way out of bounds and if caught, ... well use your imagination.

The true fact in Thailand is the average wages in Thailand is 5500 baht a month...

Ya your right, 5500B wages for 12-14 hour days with only two days off per month. Sucks to be Thai...

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Think that should definately be a new thread about snooping in their bags. When if ever does it become acceptable to snoop through your wife's/Girlfriends bag......interesting.

I was seeing a super baby show girl on and off for a few yrs , she was getting 14000 a month

, then lady drinks money , bar fine money , what tips , then theres the money from st , long time

, thats above 70,000 or there about , then theres the money thats sent from all over the world

from the falang bfs-------- could be well above 150000.........

• 3 weeks later...

I must admit I did the dastardly thing of looking in a Thai ladies purse or was it her handbag?. I didn't want to and I certainly do not make a habit of it. Infact I think this was the only time but it was a Thai girl I saw for a few years.Toward the end of our relationship I think she was getting impatient with me for not marrying her or something. She kept on about Italians! How she liked Italian men. Anyway I sometimes take a sketchbook and while away my time sometimes sketching at the bar. I'd make sketches of the girls. She worked at the Wonderful bar at top of Soi Yamato. She asked me to sketch her friends "boyfriend" and gave me a photo to do a portrait from. I recognised this small b/w photo as she had shown me it sometime before. Obviously she had forgotten. So while we were eating at the outside restaurants in south Pattaya she went to the toilet and I took a peek in her purse and found the photograph of her friends boyfriend!!!!

Edited by the impaler

• 6 months later...

Some more monthly salaries:

High school teacher, beginner: 9k per month.

After 20 years work experience: 22k per month.

Army sergeant after 20 years: 15k per month.

Guard at office or school building, working 12 hour shifts, one every day, never a holiday without pay cut, 9k per month.

Cleaning lady in public school, ten hours workday, 5.500 baht.

Policeman, beginner in the job: 12k.

sinclair1969: a fuckin' degenerate gambler.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Think that should definately be a new thread about snooping in their bags. When if ever does it become acceptable to snoop through your wife's/Girlfriends bag......interesting.

Ive mastibated into a bargirls handbag.

Men fall in love by their eye`s, woman fall in love by their ear`s.

Policeman, beginner in the job: 12k.

I wonder how a normal policeman who's sister has a bar out by Lake Maprachan can afford a top of the range Toyota Hilux Vigo with all the extras. Benefits-in-kind must be somewhat substantial !!

I wonder how a normal policeman who's sister has a bar out by Lake Maprachan can afford a top of the range Toyota Hilux Vigo with all the extras. Benefits-in-kind must be somewhat substantial !!

There are well-off and not so well-off policemen, in Thailand and every country.

sinclair1969: a fuckin' degenerate gambler.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 3 weeks later...

A farm worker makes 200 b a day. A factory worker make 250 to 350 b a day. I know a BG that makes 50k a month. She is the top paid girl in her bar. She is very good. But only gets 700 b ST. She has lots of STs. A mate of mine owned a bar on soi 13/2. Had 7 girls working they averaged 21 ST a day at 1000 b a ST. That is 3 ST each or 3000 b a day each.