Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Suvarnabhumi S Gates New Terminal

mmaaarrrkkk

Not seen this mentioned much and could get us into trouble thinking its nearby

There's a new terminal ; S gates at the airport. Its a 10mins walk + a 3min train ride from the main terminal. I was lucky to be warned to add 20mins to my walk there as I was lazing at the lounge 😒

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

Agreed, used the new terminal to get from BKK to Doha on Qatar Airways. It does add about 20 mins.

The terminal itself seems ok once you get there.

It’s mainly these airlines that are assigned the S gates: AC  QR  LX  VZ  XJ

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Whalley said:

https://www.tatnews.org/2023/09/suvarnabhumi-airport-to-open-new-sat-1-terminal-on-28-september-2023/

Sat 1 terminal people mover.

The lavatories equipped with bidet style toilets with heated seats are a nice feature.

Sept! Wow , didnt hear a single news about it!

Lucky the lady at the counter told me to add 20mins. When she said 'far away , another building' I just thought it was the other end or far away

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

Air Canada uses the new satellite terminal.  I have arrived 4 times and departed 4 times at this terminal since December.  Very quiet at the times Air Canada arrives and departs in the early morning.

I didn’t notice a time issue getting to my gate as security and immigration were very quiet each time I travelled.  The longer walk and people mover train ride adds a few minutes but not 20 in my experience.

Several restaurants in the new terminal as well as a couple of fast food outlets.

At Canadian airports I use, Burger King, McDonalds and other restaurant chains cannot mark up their prices from the norm.  Not the case at BKK.

IMG_0416.jpeg

IMG_0415.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg

IMG_0412.jpeg

IMG_0411.jpeg

IMG_0417.jpeg

IMG_0418.png

IMG_0421.webp

IMG_0420.webp

IMG_0419.webp

Edited by Whalley

Turkish in Feb used it, it’s fine just allow time 

Posted (edited)

My Qatar flight was delayed by over an hour waiting on passengers from this  terminal. It’s a bit of a trek.

Edited by gogs007

So do you check your bags in and get you boarding pass the same place as before and then go to the new terminal?  

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

3 minutes ago, neo1011 said:

So do you check your bags in and get you boarding pass the same place as before and then go to the new terminal?  

As I understand it, everything is in the same place as before - check in, immigration in both directions, baggage reclaim etc, it’s just extra gates.

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

10 minutes ago, davidge said:

As I understand it, everything is in the same place as before - check in, immigration in both directions, baggage reclaim etc, it’s just extra gates.

Ahh ok thanks, I couldn’t find anything that mentioned checking in else where, it just confused me by calling it a new terminal rather than an additional gate area

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

I agree 

Everything the same st check-in

Then exit for S terminal is ususlly Escalator on left side ,close to Budiness Lounges

At the bottom of the escslator ,there is usually only 1 trsin ,it ix direct + 1 stop

Then on arrivsl ,go to the gate

The new satellite terminal is beautiful.  

It does not look like a futuristic prison like the rest of the airport.

Beautiful glossy white walls, well lit.  It is such a shock in comparison to the main airport.

I landed on Thai Air at the new satellite terminal and road the train to the main terminal.  It was no big deal.