IGNORED

TM30 Not needed

pumbert

21 minutes ago, Menethil said:

I got all that but it's not what the website asks, should I just send it anyway?

The website is designed for business, hotels and private individuals.  If it's a private individual homeowner then there's no need for a business registration paperwork to be submitted.

9 hours ago, Love_to_eat_Thai said:

The website is designed for business, hotels and private individuals.  If it's a private individual homeowner then there's no need for a business registration paperwork to be submitted.

But what about private individuals renting? It looks fraudulent if I just send the landlord documents, after all isn't the LL the one supposed to be submitting this?

Living the dream!

Is there any truth that ...

IF you leave the country but return using the SAME VISA (or permit, or whatever you want to call it) and return to the SAME RESIDENCE, a TM30 is not required??

5 hours ago, travelling_man said:

IF you leave the country but return using the SAME VISA (or permit, or whatever you want to call it) and return to the SAME RESIDENCE, a TM30 is not required??

I don't know for sure, but I'm certainly going to be operating on that basis.

11 hours ago, travelling_man said:

That used to be the case, but it seemed to change last year and when I left for 10 days in October 2023 for Cambodia and returned on my "retirement" visa to the same Condo, I was informed by the agent I use Maneerat that I needed to do a TM 30.  I paid the property agent I rent from 500baht to do the TM30 for me as it needed the owners details etc.

When I again left for a week in early January, I again checked with Maneerat and yes again a new TM 30 was required.  That time I used Maneerat to do the TM 30 for me and the fee was the same 500baht.  A real pain when you are going back to the same accommodation, but they are the rules for now and I don't want any issues when I come to renew my visa later this year so I just do as I am told!

11 hours ago, travelling_man said:

Inconclusive.

I was told so at Jomtien in 2018 (after being fined 1600 Baht for late) and didn't do another until a few months ago, when the sign appeared and I was told that your current TM30 slip must be dated after your last entry date.

1 hour ago, kd_traveller said:

That used to be the case, but it seemed to change last year and when I left for 10 days in October 2023 for Cambodia and returned on my "retirement" visa to the same Condo, I was informed by the agent I use Maneerat that I needed to do a TM 30.  I paid the property agent I rent from 500baht to do the TM30 for me as it needed the owners details etc.

When I again left for a week in early January, I again checked with Maneerat and yes again a new TM 30 was required.  That time I used Maneerat to do the TM 30 for me and the fee was the same 500baht.  A real pain when you are going back to the same accommodation, but they are the rules for now and I don't want any issues when I come to renew my visa later this year so I just do as I am told!

It's hardly surprising that an agent would say that. I'm not convinced it is accurate.

I think Immigration might have changed for a short period in order to populate their new software as details hadn't been carried over. 

I logged in to the TM30 website for foreigners I registered on and added my condo' address successfully.

I tried to add my return date....don't think it saved...and screen shotted it.

I recorded the date we returned to Thailand, but I will not be home in my condo' for maybe a week. Meanwhile various hotels will TM30 me?  😝

17 hours ago, Bazle said:

It's hardly surprising that an agent would say that. I'm not convinced it is accurate.

Previously the same agent had informed me after returning from a trip outside Thailand that there was no need to do another TM30 if I was returning to the same address.  It was only after I told my property agent that I was going away for a week that they told me I needed to re-register and then I read about the change online that I went back to the agent and they informed me that the rule had changed and yes I had to get a new TM30 each time I leave Thailand! 

The Pattaya City Expats Club and the Pattaya Mail reported in October 2023 this change. The fine for not doing so is around 1,600baht.

image.thumb.png.dba4a2e4cdd1dd082ceb46384d24c681.png

From the Pattaya Mail October 26th 2023

image.png.3a3039d5be69edfb287de7f2f98dd841.png

57 minutes ago, kd_traveller said:

Previously the same agent had informed me after returning from a trip outside Thailand that there was no need to do another TM30 if I was returning to the same address.  It was only after I told my property agent that I was going away for a week that they told me I needed to re-register and then I read about the change online that I went back to the agent and they informed me that the rule had changed and yes I had to get a new TM30 each time I leave Thailand! 

The Pattaya City Expats Club and the Pattaya Mail reported in October 2023 this change. The fine for not doing so is around 1,600baht.

image.thumb.png.dba4a2e4cdd1dd082ceb46384d24c681.png

From the Pattaya Mail October 26th 2023

image.png.3a3039d5be69edfb287de7f2f98dd841.png

Yes, the story seemed to originate in the Pattaya Mail, not a source I trust for complete accuracy. 

I note your first quote includes the words (some punctuation added): "If you have Long Term Permission to stay, and travel outside of Thailand, and return to the same address, a new TM30 for is not required". That is the guidance I'm going to follow. 

• Like 1

A further update on the Pattaya City Expats Club which it said is updated as at 20th February 2024.

image.png.f2b132a2d3857ab69f54e0187ff64bf5.png

That is my last comment on the issue, up to people individually whether they want to take the risk of not updating their TM30 if they leave the country.

Edited by kd_traveller
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Bazle said:

Yes, the story seemed to originate in the Pattaya Mail, not a source I trust for complete accuracy. 

I note your first quote includes the words (some punctuation added): "If you have Long Term Permission to stay, and travel outside of Thailand, and return to the same address, a new TM30 for is not required". That is the guidance I'm going to follow. 

Not correct....it originated from actual experience at Jomtien.

Yours is the old 'ruling' prior to October 2023.

@kd_traveller  has it right...of course it may vary or change again as this is only a Pattaya thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/02/2024 at 07:17, Edge said:

I was told that your current TM30 slip must be dated after your last entry date.

I went to jomtien imm today and was told if i'm the owner of condo and returning to same a new tm30 was not required.

• Like 3

Just now, stubby said:

I went to jomtien imm today and was told if i'm the owner of condo and returning to same a new tm30 was not required.

Posted on Tuesday. 

On Wednesday another imm officer will contradict this.

Lol. Oh, the fun!

2 minutes ago, travelling_man said:

Posted on Tuesday. 

On Wednesday another imm officer will contradict this.

Lol. Oh, the fun!

yes quite frustrating isn't it 555

duplicate

Edited by Love_to_eat_Thai
duplicate pls delete

If you own your condo then just do the TM30 online each time you arrive back into the country, better to be safe than sorry.

20 hours ago, Love_to_eat_Thai said:

just do the TM30 online

is there an app available?

Like everything in Thailand it depends on the IO and what they have had for breakfast.

Did my last 30 day extension in Udon and the hotel hadn’t filed a TM30 so I just showed them the room key and they took care of it.

Great office is Udon, so much better than Jomtien or LakSi. Will be taking trips up country in the future when doing extensions. 

• Like 2