IGNORED

Proud owner of a brand new non-o

SlowlyMan

SureπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Β 

your earlier post was all about how financially better of you were not using an agent, glad that me and the others have now educated you that in fact you are worse off by the tune of 31000 b per year, But carry on digging son πŸ˜‚

Edited by az89

Anyhow, whether you do your first retirement visa at home or in Thailand it will be the same price.

I just asked an agency in France and you need a year long insurance with the visa that costs about 500 euro.

So with the rest of the fees you are almost at the same price as you pay in Thailand.

8 hours ago, petermik said:

.............my Extension here complies fully with the rules and that is all that concerns me,those that circumvent the rules...and I know many here that do....is entirely up to them........

Much ado about the 800k and how it might be invested, but for me the above point is the over riding one.
Visas obtained though the dodgy (money in/out) method would not stand up to scrutiny of your bank records.
You can rely on the 'flock of starlings' principle if you choose, but I still recall what the army threatened to do after the coup, when they took over Immigration and Land offices.
You also have to hope you never get picked out on an individual basis.

I have done the 800k in bank for a long time in the past, but for the past 4-5 years I've done the monthly t/fs method, which of course is completely legit'.
Against the background of the much talked about new taxation rules, I considered beating the Jan 1st deadline and returning to the 800k in bank method.
What has changed though, is the requirement to leave it in the bank, meaning I would still have to do t/fs in for living expenses.
Regardless of what I do with the money left at home, it doesn't make sense to me to change.

My Extensions are DIY (so low cost) and importantly (to me) they are legit'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, az89 said:

SureπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Β 

your earlier post was all about how financially better of you were not using an agent, glad that me and the others have now educated you that in fact you are worse off by the tune of 31000 b per year, But carry on digging son πŸ˜‚

Β This year is the first time in the 10 years that I have been doing extensions that UK interest rates have bettered those rates that are available here....this time last year (and the previous 2/3 years) you were getting around 0.5% in savings accounts in the UK....so for one year in ten your point is valid.....come back to the topic next year and quote what rates are prevalent at that time.

As i commented earlier my legitimate extension costs me 1900 baht....not between 15,000 and 26,000.

On my first legit application going down the agent route the cost would have been 10/12,000 baht depending which agent you used.....interest on my 800,000 at that time gave me nearly 8,000 baht a year...if at anytime I get a knock on my door and I am asked to show what extension I am on it is there AND backed up with my Bank account showing I comply with the financial requirements also.....nuff said πŸ‘

Β 

25 minutes ago, petermik said:

Β This year is the first time in the 10 years that I have been doing extensions that UK interest rates have bettered those rates that are available here....this time last year (and the previous 2/3 years) you were getting around 0.5% in savings accounts in the UK....so for one year in ten your point is valid.....come back to the topic next year and quote what rates are prevalent at that time.

As i commented earlier my legitimate extension costs me 1900 baht....not between 15,000 and 26,000.

On my first legit application going down the agent route the cost would have been 10/12,000 baht depending which agent you used.....interest on my 800,000 at that time gave me nearly 8,000 baht a year...if at anytime I get a knock on my door and I am asked to show what extension I am on it is there AND backed up with my Bank account showing I comply with the financial requirements also.....nuff said πŸ‘

Β 

Lowest I've got in recent years is 1.6% and I'm putting money out on fixed term deposits several times each year. The average of my fixed term deposits is currently 3.84%.

9 minutes ago, penboy said:

Lowest I've got in recent years is 1.6% and I'm putting money out on fixed term deposits several times each year. The average of my fixed term deposits is currently 3.84%.

Obviously not Thailand. Which country?

1 hour ago, thainet said:

Obviously not Thailand. Which country?

UK

So Mannaret only held you passport for 3 weeks?