Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Proud owner of a brand new non-o

SlowlyMan

They are head and shoulders above the rest.

I guess that is including a multi entry re entry permit, it was 26000 for me with a single re entry

Edited by az89
  • Like 2

I have been using them for years to do the extensions I don't need them to use their money but I'm just a lazy prick and I don't want to deal with anything and have to go to immigration I've got more time than money but I just don't want to go through the headache and the hassle that could be not necessarily would be but could be. I have referred to them no fewer than 15 guys who have gotten their retirement visas through them they rewarded me with a t-shirt when I went in there the last time they're nice people they know what they're doing they get it done quick and there's no bumps in the road.

• Like 3

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

The same experience for me 3 months back although I already had a Bangkok bank account and mine was also 26000 with single re-entry. I will also be using them for renewal now in 12 months time!

30 000 ? You mean exactly or around?

Cause I went there last week and they told me 33200.

29500 + 3700 for the bank.

My non-agent renewal costs 1,900 baht 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, PattayaSuperman said:

I used Manareet to open a Bangkok bank account in November 23. They quoted me 5000, but at the bank it was 6000, which included 520 which was deposited into the account. Plus you get 1 year (free) accident insurance. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, petermik said:

And how much interest is your 800000 baht getting😂😂😂

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, David2268 said:

I used Manareet to open a Bangkok bank account in November 23. They quoted me 5000, but at the bank it was 6000, which included 520 which was deposited into the account. Plus you get 1 year (free) accident insurance. 

3700 if done when also applying for a visa

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, az89 said:

3700 if done when also applying for a visa

Ok understood. 

19 hours ago, petermik said:

18 hours ago, az89 said:

And how much interest is your 800000 baht getting😂😂😂

Just under 3000 baht......showing a surplus of 1100 plus around 26,000 saved on Agents fees.......so whose laughing now :Laugh1:

Edited by petermik

20 hours ago, PattayaSuperman said:

29,500 all in 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, petermik said:

Just under 3000 baht......showing a surplus of 1100 plus around 26,000 saved on Agents fees.......so whose laughing now :Laugh1:

It's only the first set-up costs more, opening Bangkok Bank ETC, renewal is b12,000 annually (£260), my b800,000 (£17900)in UK bank earns around £800 a year fixed for 1 year at 5%

• Like 3

I did it yesterday with bank letter. 300 THB for the bank, 40 THB for the copies, 1900 THB for immigration. 

Bank was 20 min. Immigration was about an hour (including making the copies and filling in the form). 

It’s beyond me how people are proud of themselves when they throw 25.000 baht out of the window. 

But then, in my age, I’ve seen it all. In particular when in Pattaya. 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, roseram88 said:

I did it yesterday with bank letter. 300 THB for the bank, 40 THB for the copies, 1900 THB for immigration. 

Bank was 20 min. Immigration was about an hour (including making the copies and filling in the form). 

It’s beyond me how people are proud of themselves when they throw 25.000 baht out of the window. 

But you are not talking about the same thing. It wasnt a first time retirement visa that you did.

50 minutes ago, PattayaSuperman said:

But you are not talking about the same thing. It wasnt a first time retirement visa that you did.

That is correct. First time was non-O visa with electronic application and EOS with embassy letter. Embassy letter is 1200 instead of 300 from the bank. 

Easy sailing all the way through. And very reasonable fees for the service they provide. 

8 minutes ago, roseram88 said:

That is correct. First time was non-O visa with electronic application and EOS with embassy letter. Embassy letter is 1200 instead of 300 from the bank. 

Easy sailing all the way through. And very reasonable fees for the service they provide. 

Ok, I have no idea what youre talking about, dont know whats EOS neither what an embassy letter is.

1 hour ago, roseram88 said:

It's 12,500 for the annual extension.

The £ equivalent of 800k baht is sitting in a fixed term deposit in the UK and currently earning me 6% i.e. 48,000 of interest. I'm not throwing money away, I'm actually financially better off using an agent. 5555555555555

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, penboy said:

The £ equivalent of 800k baht is sitting in a fixed term deposit in the UK and currently earning me 6% i.e. 48,000 of interest. I'm not throwing money away, I'm actually financially better off using an agent. 5555555555555

The financial savings I realize by keeping the 800k invested is the same reason I go the agent route.

Another negative to keeping the money banked in Thailand is you can't touch the 800k for seven months of the year. And the other five months you can only use 400k. Nice little money earner for the banks here, especially considering they pay FA in interest.

Until they stop agents, or pay a decent rate here, keep the money in a bank or similar in the West, over a few years you are £/$/ EU thousands up at current fixed rates, plus you never have to set foot in the immigration office IMHO

42 minutes ago, splitpin said:

Until they stop agents, or pay a decent rate here, keep the money in a bank or similar in the West, over a few years you are £/$/ EU thousands up at current fixed rates, plus you never have to set foot in the immigration office IMHO

Even with the agent you still have to set foot in the immigration office. But it's less than a minute to have your picture taken.

3 hours ago, PattayaSuperman said:

Ok, I have no idea what youre talking about, dont know whats EOS neither what an embassy letter is.

Ok, for the records:  

First you get a non-O retirement visa. In Thailand (like in most countries) a visa can only issued by an embassy or a mission. An embassy is always in a foreign country, in Thailand there is no Thai embassy. That’s why you can only get a Thai visa when you are in the UK, you can not get a Thai visa when you are in Thailand. Thai Embassies are pretty strict these days in verifying that you are not in Thailand when applying for a visa. 

After a period of stay your visa expires. That’s when immigration comes in. They are part of the ministry of interior. They give you the right to extend your stay for another year (extension of stay, EOS). 

This decision to grant an EoS is based on legal entry (I.e. the visa issued by the Thai embassy in your home country) and a set of other qualifications (such as 800“ THB in your account,..) However, this decision is not extending the visa. Your visa is and remains expired. 

Hoped that helped to clarify some of the terms. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, petermik said:

😂😂😂😂 So you are not getting the 44000 baht in interest @5.5% if you had the 800000 in a UK 1year fixed term account.

Do the maths son. You are around 17000 baht worse off the 1st year then about 31000 every other year,plus have do all the immigration BS yourself.So yes I will carry on laughing at you.

Edited by az89
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, penboy said:

Exactly and some on here actually think they are saving money doing it themselves, fcuk   in   clueless.

Edited by az89
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, az89 said:

😂😂😂😂 So you are not getting the 44000 baht in interest @5.5% if you had the 800000 in a UK 1year fixed term account.

Do the maths son. You are around 17000 baht worse off the 1st year then about 31000 every other year,plus have do all the immigration BS yourself.So yes I will carry on laughing at you.

Dad

I,m fortunate enough to have two Bank accounts here and three back in the UK plus house in the UK which I rent out.....coupled with pensions and investments I have a monthly income far exceeding my outgoings,you don`t need to teach me about investments....my Extension here complies fully with the rules and that is all that concerns me,those that circumvent the rules...and I know many here that do....is entirely up to them.

Many of my friends here use Maneerat....some don,t have enough money to put in the Bank here others do but choose not too...and he is well established and has a good reputation as did another Agent on soi Excite (cannot remember his name) around 8/9 years ago until he did a runner with three of my friends passports and left them in the proverbial shit....my passport stays with me except for one night one year when it`s at Immigration...not in the hands of someone I do not know.