IGNORED

Procedure in Jomtien Immigration for Extension of Stay , 800.000 THB, no agent

roseram88

My last EoS was with embassy letter certifying my income.

I am planning to get my next EoS based on  800.000 THB on my (own) bank account.

Can someone enlighten me on the current procedure implemented by immigration in Jomtien? 

I know I have to go to my bank on the day and have them issue a letter for immigration and update my bank book to show 3 month of assets.

Does Jomtien immigration request additional documents regarding my income?

What is with the requirement to keep the 800.000 for the 3 month following the issuance of the EoS (and 400.000 for the rest of the year)?  Does immigration request evidence and how is this implemented? Do I have to go to immigration in person to meet this requirement?

Edited by roseram88

2 hours ago, roseram88 said:

Can someone enlighten me on the current procedure implemented by immigration in Jomtien? 

I know I have to go to my bank on the day and have them issue a letter for immigration and update my bank book to show 3 month of assets.

Does Jomtien immigration request additional documents regarding my income?

I went to do just that today. No other documents required re income apart from what you wrote above. I used the same way (800 K in the bank)  last year, no requests about showing anything about how much in my account during the year, but he did see in my bank statement that I had the full 800K in my account for the whole year.  
Copy required of bankbook, passport details, House ownership papers.
We arrived at the bank about 1.00 PM, had a wait to get their statements, due to lunch hour, arrived at immigration about 2.20 PM, long queue (50+ pp), to get  number for order of service and required form. Received number at 3.01 PM, walked out at 4.05 with receipt to come and pick up my passport at 2.00 PM next day (will do my re-entry visa straight after that)
Hope that helps you.

• Like 2

The bank paper needs to be from the same day?

I think I recall that it can be done up to three days in advance. 

57 minutes ago, roseram88 said:

The bank paper needs to be from the same day?

I think I recall that it can be done up to three days in advance. 

Some people say that you need to do a transaction on the actual day ,and then update your book .as well.

I am aware of this. My question: can I get the certificate from the bank a day or two before I go to immigration?

3 hours ago, roseram88 said:

I am aware of this. My question: can I get the certificate from the bank a day or two before I go to immigration?

1 day before is fine....except a Friday statement for a Monday application 👍