IGNORED

King Kong, Soi Honey

Sat here waiting for my burger. Place has good reviews in a few recent TRs. But I have an idea it might deserve a dedicated thread. 

Be back with my review shortly... 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Looking fwd to your review.

My first thought is a jizz filled street may not be my first choice for an eatery.

But I go with the flow.

• Haha 4

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

I wonder if something changed, I ate there maybe in June or July and it seems to me I thought the portions were quite small for the prices; unless I'm confusing it with somewhere else which is quite possible. I guess I'll need to give it a try again or for the first time depending on memory :)

2 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

For comparison, I prefer the following burgers:

1. Prime Burger
  2. Kungs or Hunger Pangs (Same food)
  3. Shack Burger

These are all excellent choices. As long as we're in the neighborhood, for those on a budget, and many of us are...

I find the Mama Burger stand directly across from Buttercups to be great value. A big cheeseburger on a really nice bun, fully dressed with fries for 200b. Great for takeaway, I might take it across the street and eat it at Buttercups for instance, or you can choose to eat-in at Nikom Court (not my choice tbh, no air-con, but its a real option)

I dont want to derail @Thomaz73 thread ... I will try the King Kong next time I'm in the area. :)

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

I eat there the triple burger and it was just full of fat and the only thing that had a taste was the onion,lol.

The french fries was good

Ate there last June and was impressed enough to take photos but too lazy to start a review thread, thanks @Thomaz73.

Presentation was good, Burger & Fries good, service & people watching all good 👍

Unlike many, I think Prime Burger sucks and isn't in the same class as Hunger Pangs, whereas King Kong's Burger is not as good HP's, it's a fair contender.

Think I'll eat lunch there tomorrow 😋 

20230602_022935.jpg

9 minutes ago, BuckDefiant said:

Ate there last June and was impressed enough to take photos but too lazy to start a review thread, thanks @Thomaz73.

Presentation was good, Burger & Fries good, service & people watching all good 👍

Unlike many, I think Prime Burger sucks and isn't in the same class as Hunger Pangs, whereas King Kong's Burger is not as good HP's, it's a fair contender.

Think I'll eat lunch there tomorrow 😋 

20230602_022935.jpg

I happen to agree I loved Prime until I had HP and the price is quite a bit lower as well. I will give KK a shot. 

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, I had King Kong burger tonight and was very impressed with it. I was the only customer inside. The staff was sitting out front when I showed up around 8:30 PM. I had the double cheeseburger set fries and a drink for 350B.
I wasn’t quite sure it would actually be Wagyu beef, but the burger was very tender and juicy not overcooked. The sauce was delicious. Fries were fresh.
I really enjoyed the place. I think the bun is a little too much but I will return.
IMG_5152.thumb.jpeg.da8f3d9cd5f23ef1e52402b5573f8df1.jpeg

I wonder if they’re getting much business it seems like the main traffic would be from the soi honey soapy and I don’t think a lot of people walk down the street looking for food.

King Kong is just as good or better than Prime with HP coming in second or third.

35 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

As promised, I had King Kong burger tonight and was very impressed with it. I was the only customer inside. The staff was sitting out front when I showed up around 8:30 PM. I had the double cheeseburger set fries and a drink for 350B.
I wasn’t quite sure it would actually be Wagyu beef, but the burger was very tender and juicy not overcooked. The sauce was delicious. Fries were fresh.
I really enjoyed the place. I think the bun is a little too much but I will return.
IMG_5152.thumb.jpeg.da8f3d9cd5f23ef1e52402b5573f8df1.jpeg

I wonder if they’re getting much business it seems like the main traffic would be from the soi honey soapy and I don’t think a lot of people walk down the street looking for food.

King Kong is just as good or better than Prime with HP coming in second or third.

It does look quite appealing indeed. There are quite a few hotels around, should be decent enough footfall anyways. Also, famished mongers staggering out of massage joints looking for an energy top-up, haha!!

• Like 3

................................................................................................................

On 12/01/2024 at 13:12, LASportsNut said:

I ate there a few months ago.

I ordered the Wagyu double burger.

It was tasty, but like most Wagyu burgers, it fell apart due to the lack of fat.

My only problem with it was I felt like I swallowed a brick and was stuffed for about 10-12 hours after.

My buddy tried one of the steaks.

It also was huge.

Maybe that is why the name, King Kong.

He indicated it was a good and he was satisfied.

For comparison, I prefer the following burgers:

1. Prime Burger
  2. Kungs or Hunger Pangs (Same food)
  3. Shack Burger

Weird how they call it a wagyu burger. Everybody knows it’s not real wagyu anyway due to the price that would command. Wagyu is famous for the extremely high fat content btw so no way it would be dry

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, w1lly said:

Weird how they call it a wagyu burger. Everybody knows it’s not real wagyu anyway due to the price that would command. Wagyu is famous for the extremely high fat content btw so no way it would be dry

You are correct. I was wrong.  Unsure why it was falling apart.

I'm shocked someone would rate Prime Burger above HP. Anyway, I'll give King Kong a shot. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I ate there in November, I chose a simple burger and it was vile!    I took one bite and stopped, the meat tasted as if it had gone rotten and it was not juicy but slimy.  This place is now on my avoid list.  

From the Line group today

Screenshot_2024-01-31-16-22-28-13_94c3c0214f41e8559bec03caf75c21c7.thumb.jpg.c4a7b0c9f323c2af6e04fa04daa5bfa9.jpgCan't wait for my next one. 

Had one there last trip.  Lovely staff and open late.  Burgers were great then. 

7 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

From the Line group today

Screenshot_2024-01-31-16-22-28-13_94c3c0214f41e8559bec03caf75c21c7.thumb.jpg.c4a7b0c9f323c2af6e04fa04daa5bfa9.jpgCan't wait for my next one. 

They look a lot more “friendly” than when I was there.  

“Burger and a shag”. Was it on the menu?

Had the "meat sauce" burger today. It was brilliant. The sauce would probably not do well with a pasta. But somehow it just worked in this greasy scenario IMG20240203173942.thumb.jpg.40308134392d80637bf16aace396934f.jpg

On 12/01/2024 at 14:18, AngelCty2Nit said:

These are all excellent choices. As long as we're in the neighborhood, for those on a budget, and many of us are...

I find the Mama Burger stand directly across from Buttercups to be great value. A big cheeseburger on a really nice bun, fully dressed with fries for 200b. Great for takeaway, I might take it across the street and eat it at Buttercups for instance, or you can choose to eat-in at Nikom Court (not my choice tbh, no air-con, but its a real option)

I dont want to derail @Thomaz73 thread ... I will try the King Kong next time I'm in the area. :)

Also, not wanting to derail the thread, sorry @Thomaz73 I also like Mama Burgers and ate in Buttercups many times while there over the festive period. I bought the Mama burger staff those Lindt chocolate balls from 7/11, they loved them. I don't go to Soi Honey much, maybe I need to make more effort on my next trip and visit King Kong, the burgers look amazing!

s-zoom-2660123067.jpg

• Like 2

PA-SIG.PNG.ee32881a8f3d2f2bdf9b7061c2a3e4ff.PNG

28 minutes ago, Kimble said:

maybe I need to make more effort on my next trip and visit King Kong

Or! You could sit in Buttercups and order online :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

This was the crispy chicken breast burger - not a fan of thigh meat. 

Really big but the patty was disappointing.  It was not the fillet but pieces of chicken mixed together. Portion size was huge though and I could not finish it all.  Good value for money and very pleasant staff. 

IMG_6992.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great burger but FUCKING WARM beer.

Nothing I hate more than needing a glass of ice for my beer.