IGNORED

American Bar and Grill - Soi Lengkee

Wow that looks like a worthy place for some good protein.  Will certainly recommend to my travel buddies one night.

I don't think they'd mind but some steakhouses get offended when I ask for steak sauce, worstershire sauce and ketchup. I like to pour the sauce over the steak and ketchup on the side.  Also black pepper is a must.   My food and I like it my way.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Yeah, fucked up that part. Was close, though. 

9 hours ago, Billy Shears said:

Actually you said it perfectly. Kahoots just means "working together", but I think only us old guys know that, 555

I agree - you said it right.  I was trying to make a joke about TGs being in Kahoots!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And just to absolutely clear up any confusion. Wonder if Flame also might be in, erm what's the word here? Kahoots? 

IMG20240227205643.thumb.jpg.46243ea64f98d0f45420292f90b154a7.jpg

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Btw, my mate had some of that "American Chinese". Gave me a sample of a sesame chicken thing. It was fucking superb. Forgot to take a look at the bill. But, well, it's not a cheap place. 

5 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

And just to absolutely clear up any confusion. Wonder if Flame also might be in, erm what's the word here? Kahoots? 

IMG20240227205643.thumb.jpg.46243ea64f98d0f45420292f90b154a7.jpg

More meat in this run of joints than anywhere other than Soi 6/1.

IMG_2490.thumb.jpeg.1d80a659532e88360256d6704a7b5d8d.jpeg

Yes it’s expensive for Pattaya. But if you want a good western Chinese style meal it’s the only decent place I’m aware of. 

• Like 2

Given that Flame is "in kahoots" with American B&G and that I saw a post on PA that Tyson Fury was there the other day, I got a little interested in their menu.

It looks TOP NOTCH, but I found this a little odd -- the ringing endorsement of the onion rings at American B&G had me wondering if Flame also has them.

Answer: eh....kinda....

They have a shared appetizer that includes 4 onion rings, but onion rings are NOT listed as an appetizer on their own, as a side and are nowhere else to be found on the menu.

Probably for the best, as I could safely opt for the sauteed potatoes....I'll get the onion rings by going BACK to American B&G!  555

• Haha 2

People saying that the Chinese is "expensive for Pattaya" yet its cheaper than even the ghetto Chinese places back home in the UK, so you can't really complain given that it's a 'niche' market. 

Also, did it used to be called Panda something if I recall correctly? 

You know the rules, Don't trust 'em, don't love 'em - And don't let 'em fool you.

59 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Given that Flame is "in kahoots" with American B&G and that I saw a post on PA that Tyson Fury was there the other day, I got a little interested in their menu.

It looks TOP NOTCH, but I found this a little odd -- the ringing endorsement of the onion rings at American B&G had me wondering if Flame also has them.

Answer: eh....kinda....

They have a shared appetizer that includes 4 onion rings, but onion rings are NOT listed as an appetizer on their own, as a side and are nowhere else to be found on the menu.

Probably for the best, as I could safely opt for the sauteed potatoes....I'll get the onion rings by going BACK to American B&G!  555

I am pretty sure Flame is totally independent from American B&G

i have visited Flame many times from the first week Flame opened and I remember chatting to the owner first time i visited and he told me this was his first restaurant in Pattaya.

Flame is excellent 

2 hours ago, RRosenberg said:

Also, did it used to be called Panda something if I recall correctly? 

Hungry Panda. 😎

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

This place looks amazing, that lemon chicken and the ribs 🫡

Defo a visit due.

Regards 

On 12/01/2024 at 16:22, frantick said:

For Chow Mein, do they have the crunchy noodles? Unable to find them anywhere here, beit Villa, lazada, ex-pat er I mean Brit-shops, restaurants, etc. 

A staple for "American" Chinese. 

do you mean the crispy noodles and they pour the gravy over it? The thais have a very similar version of it , I've eaten it before at Central food court and Im pretty certain at T21 food court as well

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

3 hours ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

do you mean the crispy noodles and they pour the gravy over it? The thais have a very similar version of it , I've eaten it before at Central food court and Im pretty certain at T21 food court as well

I think they have a different crunchy noodle here. In the US, it's like this:

719imUqOskL.jpg.389c4c766a06aa8e3d31502aedd830c9.jpg

I'm sure it's another thing American's have screwed up, but I like 'em. 

• Haha 2

Crispy Egg Noodles In A Thick Vegetable Gravy, Thai Cuisine Stock Photo,  Picture and Royalty Free Image. Image 29842975.

This is the thai version i was talking about

Seafood Crispy Noodles | Sheng Mian Recipe

Very similar to the Malaysian and HK version

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried their brisket sandwich with the coleslaw on the side.  Plus a side of very good onion rings.  I think that smokin' Joe's brisket is better, and the late lamented Texas Smokehouse on the darkside was better than either.

image.thumb.jpeg.3f92835b74a1b436409d2a5c83c70cd0.jpeg

• Like 3