IGNORED

Robinhood Tavern

Always stop in at the Hood on my trips to Pattaya. No trip is complete for me without a trip to the Avenue. Anyway the food is fine, I like the “Fuel Bodies” menu and I get along with one of the girls there who goes to my gym. It’s lacking in a certain personal touch, but it does it’s job 

On 11/01/2024 at 14:05, Arnie85 said:

They also do great pies.  Not in a pot. 

They do indeed and that's exactly what I had this evening.

Chicken & Mushroom Pie, homemade chips, peas and a really tasty gravy.

379 baht.

Photo speaks for itself. Lovely crispy puff pastry, creamy chicken breast pieces and mushrooms.

Delicious.

IMG_20240116_171031.jpg

• Thanks 1

Had their stake pie recently, mate had the salmon.

Salmon dish was good but totally spoiled by the overpowering amount of garlic on the veg, I tried some and just could not eat them

The stake pie, again good but had about half the chucks of stake that were uneatable due to being too grizzly. 

pie_IMG_4315.png.22081ec3024a7d9c442c021784017ff2.png

Edited by jimboh

On 15/01/2024 at 17:53, Kwai69 said:

I can't stomach British food. Except curries and HP Brown sauce (and even that is made in Holland).

I have a bottle of HP sauce bought here in Melbourne, Australia. Checked the label. Yes, made in Holland by H.J. Heinz - by appointment to Her Majesty, The Queen.

Checked the use-by date, still OK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

Had their stake pie recently, mate had the salmon.

Salmon dish was good but totally spoiled by the overpowering amount of garlic on the veg, I tried some and just could not eat them

The stake pie, again good but had about half the chucks of stake that were uneatable due to being too grizzly. 

pie_IMG_4315.png.22081ec3024a7d9c442c021784017ff2.png

I had this pie last week in RH didn’t think much of it the meat was very chewy and the pastry was abit dry slightly overcooked pastry would expect much better quality for the price charged.

The Devonshire on soi LK does a pie day special where there are several home made  pies on offer and a steak pudding inc can’t remember which day .

But I had the steak pie and it was top notch and at least 100 baht cheaper than RH

Edited by Pheat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pheat said:

I had this pie last week in RH didn’t think much of it the meat was very chewy and the pastry was abit dry slightly overcooked pastry would expect much better quality for the price charged.

The Devonshire on soi LK does a pie day special where there are several home made  pies on offer and a steak pudding inc can’t remember which day .

But I had the steak pie and it was top notch and at least 100 baht cheaper than RH

Yes indeed, was expecting a better quality product for that money. I will revert back to Tinnies and the Monday special at Witherspoons, which I consider a bargain and good quality.

1 minute ago, jimboh said:

Yes indeed, was expecting a better quality product for that money. I will revert back to Tinnies and the Monday special at Witherspoons, which I consider a bargain and good quality.

Yep Tinnies pies are superb and I have had the pies at Witherspoons on the Monday special which are also very good for the price and nice choice of beers  in Witherspoons to go with the pie 

• Like 2

Tonight's special was Lamb dopiaza with pulao rice, beef dripping chips and nan bread.

399 baht.

The lamb was succulent, soft and lean. No fat or grissel.

The dopiaza sauce was beautifully spiced and creamy.

A really generous portion of lamb and sides. Enough to fill the hungriest belly and excellent quality, taste and value.

IMG_20240122_173127.jpg

On 22/01/2024 at 18:05, PeterStewart66 said:

Tonight's special was Lamb dopiaza with pulao rice, beef dripping chips and nan bread.

399 baht.

The lamb was succulent, soft and lean. No fat or grissel.

The dopiaza sauce was beautifully spiced and creamy.

A really generous portion of lamb and sides. Enough to fill the hungriest belly and excellent quality, taste and value.

IMG_20240122_173127.jpg

That does look nice! Mainly. But why on bloody earth would anyone serve chips with that kind of food. Sacrilege! 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Really enjoyed their unique spin on the masaman beef curry, bit overpriced compared to its Thai variant but still a good meal.

IMG_0695.jpeg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

That does look nice! Mainly. But why on bloody earth would anyone serve chips with that kind of food. Sacrilege! 

Yes, does look nice, will hopefully try soon.

Don't understand comments about chips, which appeal to me. As its an Indian dish, would normally be accompanied by a potato dish-Aloo Gobi or Bombay Aloo for example, if it were served in an Indian place, so chips would be nearest available in the like of RHT.

5 minutes ago, jimboh said:

As its an Indian dish, would normally be accompanied by a potato dish-Aloo Gobi or Bombay Aloo for example

That might be. But chips are grease and salt. I like them in certain contexts. But with Indian food? Never! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Do I hear Spike turning in his grave?

Screenshot_2024-01-25-17-58-41-421_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.72d511dfbc7186ba3d49616c79651024.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jimboh said:

Don't understand comments about chips, which appeal to me. As its an Indian dish, would normally be accompanied by a potato dish-Aloo Gobi or Bombay Aloo for example, if it were served in an Indian place, so chips would be nearest available in the like of RHT.

2 hours ago, jimboh said:

Don't understand comments about chips, which appeal to me. As its an Indian dish, would normally be accompanied y a potato dish-Aloo Gobi  Alo

r example, if it were served in an Indian place, so chips would be nearest available in the like of RHT.

It's a British thing. Late night Chinese takeaway of curry half and half. (Half portion fried rice and half portion of chips covered in curry sauce)

Depending on whether you are from the  North or South of India, you would traditionally accompany a curry with either bread (roti, chapati or nan) or rice.

I presume the Robinhood feel they are  catering for Brit tastes. Their homemade/ beef dripping chips are very good and it actually worked very well.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...