Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Robinhood Tavern

I have visited the Robinhood 3 times this week and have had 3 excellent meals.

It was refurbished a number of months ago. The old tiled floor was replaced with a new wooden one. The old benches and high chairs where replaced with lower comfortable easy chairs and tables.

This means the whole space has been opened up and lets the light stream through the large windows.

The first meal was Max's pork fillet and mustard sauce. 399 baht.

Succulent juicy pieces of pork fillet in a really tasty sauce. I asked for steamed vegetables and homemade chips to accompany.

Although the price points might be a bit higher than our budget conscious Soi Bukahow diners are comfortable with, it really was worth it.

IMG_20240103_170026.jpg

I suspect your thread would have more response if you didn't include jibe at people who can't afford or don't want to spend this much money.

But to answer your post, I've eaten at Robin Hood on every trip and have enjoyed all the meals there, including the Sunday Roast.

A few years ago they had a Guinness Pie that was delicious. Not sure if it's still on the menu.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 minutes ago, Tchiowa said:

Shitty small portions that are overpriced. Many better places to eat in town.

I will spend many days working down your list.

IYKYK

Just now, speedtoy said:

I will spend many days working down your list.

Robbing Ppl sure ain't on it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 06/01/2024 at 23:18, PeterStewart66 said:

Although the price points might be a bit higher than our budget conscious Soi Bukahow diners are comfortable with, it really was worth it.

I’ve eaten in both the Robbers and Buakhou.  For me , Robbers are good for breakky. I like Buakhou fine dining for the atmosphere and people watching.   Price is a bonus but not the consideration 

Your assumptions about people in Patts and their motives may not be accurate. 

19 minutes ago, keepitfun said:

I’ve eaten in both the Robbers and Buakhou.  For me , Robbers are good for breakky. I like Buakhou fine dining for the atmosphere and people watching.   Price is a bonus but not the consideration 

Your assumptions about people in Patts and their motives may not be accurate. 

Agree on the people watching. Whilst enclosed, AC places such as Robin Hood, are nice, I love watching the World go by especially on Buakhou. Hence why I like Breakky at Witherspoons. It's not the best breakfast, but the people watching is hard to beat.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Been there a few times and had a perfect meal every time, perfect go to if you are after western food. 

Good restaurant, good food and a good relaxing atmosphere. 
I have no issue with the prices. But I think some of the complaints come from people noting the increases since Covid for what appears to be much the same food. 
Maybe they were under priced before because whenever I go in it seems to have a good customer level. 

I had the chicken parmi the other night.

Chicken was excellent.  Prefer the white cheese compared to the yellow cheese they serve but good overall.  Good service.

OP, nothing wrong with your post.

Tin cup, Cheap Charlie and Hungry Hippo crowd gotta give their speech.

36 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

Good restaurant, good food and a good relaxing atmosphere. 
I have no issue with the prices. But I think some of the complaints come from people noting the increases since Covid for what appears to be much the same food. 
Maybe they were under priced before because whenever I go in it seems to have a good customer level. 

Their overheads are substantially more than their competition.

They pay their staff a lot more as well.

That's why you get short skirted educated lookers who can actually speak and understand English.

Not the same old Isaan maiden aunts who you have to repeat yourself to about 5 times before they comprend.

Dare i say it but it certainly attracts a more family and multicultural patronage than the usual cheaper suspects.

Plenty of space between the tables so you can enjoy your meal without having to listen to the f'ing and c'ing coming from your tattooed neighbours. 

The food and service is usually good in Robin Hood, but price-wise its definitely pitching to tourists rather than expats. The rent for such a prime-location large business unit with expensive decor can't be cheap though.

Most of their offerings can be found elsewhere at a similar quality for a cheaper price, but possibly not all under one roof.

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

2 hours ago, mwebster2 said:

Been there a few times and had a perfect meal every time, perfect go to if you are after western food. 

I agree. Never had a bad meal. Basic farang fare cooked well. Prices seem in line with what they are offering (food, service, interior etc). A nice option to have in Pattaya. 

I find them hit and miss. 

Had a fantastic hot baguette (chicken and bacon I think) in there last trip and an awful, grease laden fish and chips. 

I find the young lad walking about as front-of-house host is a bit OTT and pretentious but he's harmless. 

I find it comfortable and the girls seem to like it. 

It is over priced but I suppose your paying for the whole package, including the young fella to walk around aimlessly. I don't go anywhere but Nicky's for a cooked breakfast, but I wouldn't take a girl there for lunch. 

5 hours ago, BlooBell said:

I find them hit and miss. 

Had a fantastic hot baguette (chicken and bacon I think) in there last trip and an awful, grease laden fish and chips. 

I find the young lad walking about as front-of-house host is a bit OTT and pretentious but he's harmless. 

I find it comfortable and the girls seem to like it. 

It is over priced but I suppose your paying for the whole package, including the young fella to walk around aimlessly. I don't go anywhere but Nicky's for a cooked breakfast, but I wouldn't take a girl there for lunch. 

Lol that annoying young lad is Max...

https://www.sudinfo.be/id133742/article/2019-08-02/le-pere-de-max-dienst-lex-top-chef-reagit-lannonce-de-son-fils-max-est-un

Nominated one of the top chefs in 2017...he can definitely cook though I don't think Robin Hood really stretches his talents!

I find RH to be hit and miss, had a terrible Sunday roast, poor service and the wrong order twice and the food was delivered Thai style at different times and partly cold.

So won't go back unless meeting friends...can be a good spot for sport early mornings though gets busy.

This evening's meal.

Pork fillet and garlic sauce hot pot, homemade chips and peas.

I cannot tell you how good this was for 349 baht.

Succulent juicy pieces of tender pork fillet in a rich creamy garlic sauce. Puff pastry was cooked to perfection as well.

A competitor will give you a very ordinary homemade pie, peas and frozen chips for 299 baht. The competitions pastry is normally chewy rather than crispy as it hasn't been cooked correctly.

Another meal that has left a great taste in my mouth while being surrounded by some beautiful and pleasant young waitresses.

IMG_20240110_165555.jpg

IMG_20240110_165527.jpg

1 hour ago, PeterStewart66 said:

This evening's meal.

Pork fillet and garlic sauce hot pot, homemade chips and peas.

I cannot tell you how good this was for 349 baht.

Succulent juicy pieces of tender pork fillet in a rich creamy garlic sauce. Puff pastry was cooked to perfection as well.

A competitor will give you a very ordinary homemade pie, peas and frozen chips for 299 baht. The competitions pastry is normally chewy rather than crispy as it hasn't been cooked correctly.

Another meal that has left a great taste in my mouth while being surrounded by some beautiful and pleasant young waitresses.

IMG_20240110_165555.jpg

IMG_20240110_165527.jpg

that's 1 nice creamy pie

3 hours ago, lionking said:

that's 1 nice creamy pie

It's not a pie, its a "hot pot" with a pastry top.

Edited by Leo_Bia

On 08/01/2024 at 20:17, PeterStewart66 said:

That's why you get short skirted educated lookers who can actually speak and understand English.

You go to an agogo for that , not a restaurant.  These lookers of yours all have PHDs?

RH and similar , for once or twice a week when the craving hits.

Street for everyday....... so you dont have to meet ladies after the bar closes or avoid LDs.

• Confused 1

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

I stopped going to Robbing Hood after they started adding tax to their menu prices.

22 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

I stopped going to Robbing Hood after they started adding tax to their menu prices.

They have since toed the Pattaya line and the VAT is included in the advertised price.

They lost me when they started itemising eg Sunday Roast (fill out a form) and FnC in order to jack the price. I don't know if they still do that.... I think they re-introduced a plated roast.

Max is good value and food and service are ok.

I can't stomach British food. Except curries and HP Brown sauce (and even that is made in Holland).