Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Chicken Parm

Whatever you Call It Chicken Parmesan Chicken Parmigiana is one my favourite foods Where in Pattaya serves em Good?

Tigglebitties has it.

• Like 1

Best version I've had in Thailand was at Oregano's at Rompho Market, Jomtien. 250 baht. It comes with a small salad so if you want pasta, that's another order. I started it with Thai mushroom fettuccini which was also scrumptious. If you want Australian style it's OK at Tinnies. Tigglebitties online is hotmeals4u and their version is grilled chicken, not breaded and fried, comes with an American style spaghetti with beef sauce, tasty enough but pasta is overcooked and sauce is too sweet. 

Edited by Kreggerz
  • Like 1

For non us style (I'm surprised at what I've just read above lol) there are so many places to try. While I haven't had it in any of them (not really a favourite dish) maybe start with The Nest, Sportsman, Witherspoons, Nicky's. All of these places have good reputations and worst case is you get a passable one. 

Oh, and be sure to keep the thread updated with your findings. 

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I grew up eating take out veal parm (breaded and fried) not chicken parm at a fantastic Italian American place came with a mountain of spag. Of course veal would be too expensive here. Rotated that with their manicotti  and lasagna.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Fraser’s, wombat kiwi bar restaurant.   Probably more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

Fraser’s, wombat kiwi bar restaurant.   Probably more.

I don't like Fraser's version but would try Wombats.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CliffHitMan said:

Whatever you Call It Chicken Parmesan Chicken Parmigiana is one my favourite foods Where in Pattaya serves em Good?

Robin Hood was nice , not traditional, but huge portion 

IMG_8354.thumb.jpeg.8476971e36756be2e16856f7c0b3a58a.jpeg

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Robin Hood was nice , not traditional, but huge portion 

IMG_8354.thumb.jpeg.8476971e36756be2e16856f7c0b3a58a.jpeg

Nice be sure to try out Robin Hood

18 hours ago, CliffHitMan said:

I haven’t tried it yet but the recently reopened Dynamite sports bar on the corner of Bukhaou & Soi 15 has it on their menu. As one of the owners is Australian I’m guessing it might be a decent version of what you’re after. 

• Like 2

I've tried some of the places mentioned...but for me Tinnies has the best!

You have to ask for pasta as they don't serve it with it!!

Never had it served or eaten it anywhere without pasta...Without it just ain't the same!! :)

Edited by Rocketboy
  • Like 2

Good-

The best one I have had is at SunFlour by Alex on Soi 4 Prathumnak.

All their menu items are outstanding.

Bad-

The one I had at the Shack was too big (too much chicken flavor and not enough of the rest).

Edited by LASportsNut
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LASportsNut said:

All their menu items are outstanding

I'm not so sure about that. 

Two people I know had the spicy chicken pasta and didn't like it! I was there with one of those people and tasted it...wasn't that good to me either!

I do like the pancakes and sausage patties! :)

• Like 1

A few years ago I had a punt at getting a Parma in a number of places.   It was a topic in one of my trip reports at the time

For something so easy to cook well, I was pretty disappointed.  Every one I tried was deep fried.  That’s not how you do it if you want juicy tender chicken.  Even shitty pubs around Melbourne can do better.   
No more Parmas in Pattaya for me.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, keepitfun said:

A few years ago I had a punt at getting a Parma in a number of places.   It was a topic in one of my trip reports at the time

For something so easy to cook well, I was pretty disappointed.  Every one I tried was deep fried.  That’s not how you do it if you want juicy tender chicken.  Even shitty pubs around Melbourne can do better.   
No more Parmas in Pattaya for me.  

Can't beat a Pub Parma 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ah, the quest for the perfect Chicken Parmesan – it's practically a culinary adventure in itself! It's a bummer when you're on the hunt for that juicy, tender goodness and end up with deep-fried disappointment. But hey, Melbourne's pub scene does set a high bar for the Parma game!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2024 at 07:32, LASportsNut said:

Good-

The best one I have had is at SunFlour by Alex on Soi 4 Prathumnak

Is it American style?!?! That's the hard part about the chicken parm hunt 😆

• Haha 1

It's a no to Tiggs IMO. Love most of their menu, but grilled chicken isn't what I want from a chicken parm.

• Like 1

Two spots.

Rinapp on Soi 13/1 near the Beach Road end. Everything I have had there is on point and generally Italian style.

Trattoria near the corner of Soi 6 and Beach Road. Their food is amazing, very much Thai service levels at the place, meaning very slooooooow. But food is good if you can put up with slow service. 

Most of their stuff is farm to table. All pasta is made in house and they raise the animals on a farm near Patts. It is in their menu, not personally verified.

• Like 4

Here is something I learnt about Chicken Parmigiana or Chicken Parmesan in a rather embarrassing way. 

Very popular and considered one of the better pub meal staple in Australia. But over the years, I noticed some were not done well particularly when the meat is bone dry inside the  crispy exterior. 

So I asked a colleague of Italian heritage if he could recommend a place where it was done well. After all it was considered the classic Italian dish. 

Boy was I wrong. He was visibly upset and told me it is not Italian and never came from Italy. I told that that lots of places run by those with Italian heritage serving. He told me they also serve full English breakfast. 

I was to  learn that it originated in the US started by Italians who migrated there. The sauce/cheese however is Italian.

It did explain why I never saw it on the menu at a proper Italian restaurant.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sofa King High said:

Is it American style?!?! That's the hard part about the chicken parm hunt 😆

I thought it was.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The Nest calls this a chicken Parmo with hot shot.  Quite good.

image.thumb.jpeg.bf0e957d8b87f1495181a3b3020cb3d1.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love a good parmie but never had one in Thailand. Are there any places that put ham then cheese on? In Australia, it's fairly common to have ham as well.

Edited by olic
  • Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png