IGNORED

Hotel Amber December 2023

SlowlyMan

Stayed here in April and can highly recommend it. Great hotel, comfy bed, clean and can't beat the location for access to everything.

Most nights had no noise from the nearby areas bt in the middle of Songkran with 24 hour street parties and sound systems set up everywhere a few nights were quite noisy...bt during that time of the year it's to be expected so can't complain.

Will definitely book again.

• 2 weeks later...

The manager dropped this off to the room today. They really seem to be trying to be upscale. 

received_924148565937546.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SlowlyMan said:

The manager dropped this off to the room today. They really seem to be trying to be upscale. 

received_924148565937546.jpeg

Really a nice gesture that costs just a few baht, and it’s long remembered. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/01/2024 at 04:43, footix said:

I stayed at Amber in September. I liked the place but had a real issue with the noise coming from the Xzyte area. Booming horrible music well into the early hours. I was at the back the opposite side to the swimming pool. Not read anyone else mention this. Is it not an issue now? 

Do you recall the room number?

I am a light sleeper and stayed in the hotel next door (Adelphi) and found the area really quiet (I even had a room facing towards Treetown), but thought that if I ever returned to Patts that I might try out the Amber instead.

Be useful to have any intel on the rooms to avoid or the rooms to request.

19 minutes ago, billybob69 said:

I am a light sleeper and stayed in the hotel next door (Adelphi) and found the area really quiet (I even had a room facing towards Treetown), but thought that if I ever returned to Patts that I might try out the Amber instead.

I think maybe it was a one off over a weekend. I haven't read of anyone else having problems. Maybe some special event. I even mentioned it to reception and they said yes it was noisy.

• 3 weeks later...

We checked out for a bit, but back now. We were on the West end last time. The wifi was excellent. On the East end now. The wifi is useless. I've been using my hotspot.

The East side balconies pool view, are unusable in the afternoon. The West end is shaded all day. 

Housekeeping continous to be a challenge for this property. Some days it's done before noon. Other days, 5 or 6 pm. I did message the manager. She indicated she would look into it. But, TiT. 

On 14/02/2024 at 04:57, billybob69 said:

X16 - x34 pool view are the best rooms in the building. Imho. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SlowlyMan said:

We checked out for a bit, but back now. We were on the West end last time. The wifi was excellent. On the East end now. The wifi is useless. I've been using my hotspot.

The East side balconies pool view, are unusable in the afternoon. The West end is shaded all day. 

Housekeeping continous to be a challenge for this property. Some days it's done before noon. Other days, 5 or 6 pm. I did message the manager. She indicated she would look into it. But, TiT. 

I've booked the Grand deluxe room (city view). I'm guessing it's on the west side so hopefully the WiFi should be decent.

On 16/12/2023 at 23:11, SlowlyMan said:

Really nice not having to sleep in a wet spot. 

My goodness...I tell girls not to squirt because I hate a wet smelly bed. This is amazing!

• Haha 1