IGNORED

Hotel Amber December 2023

SlowlyMan

Thanks for the review - I’m staying there in February and I’m really happy to hear that you had a positive experience. 

The freshening of the room after the departure of a ST is a really nice touch.

Hope you are enjoying/enjoyed your trip.

Stayed here twice in the last 12 months…nice hotel in a good location. The only issue was the housekeeping which wasn’t done till 4pm+ on occasion - if that’s been sorted then happy days.👍

• Like 3

Must have been a few years since I've posted or been here but glad to hear hotel Amber is going to be a good spot... I land in 8 days and have a stay booked!

Will try to report back and see if my experience is the same as yours!

• Like 1

On 17/12/2023 at 16:26, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Stayed here twice in the last 12 months…nice hotel in a good location. The only issue was the housekeeping which wasn’t done till 4pm+ on occasion - if that’s been sorted then happy days.👍

I'm only a week in, but she has been here by 9 or 10 every day. And, interestingly, apparently they are doing a turn down service. At first I thought it was just after I had a girl up. But every night I've come home to the covers turned down and fresh towels. That's a surprising service at this price point. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SlowlyMan said:

I'm only a week in, but she has been here by 9 or 10 every day. And, interestingly, apparently they are doing a turn down service. At first I thought it was just after I had a girl up. But every night I've come home to the covers turned down and fresh towels. That's a surprising service at this price point. 

I stayed here a couple of nights this past November.  I had read some issue with housekeeping; I usually left the room around noon for a couple of hours and just made sure to let the housekeeper on my floor know that I’d be back in a couple of hours … room was all clean and tidied up when I returned. 

• Like 1

All very encouraging. Staying  Amber last three weeks of January. 

Just wondering about noise at night. Any feedback gratefully received. 

I'm glad to hear this about the housekeeping as it was an issue for me during past stays and has forced me to look elsewhere.  They have been pushing a lot of promos to me lately via email but I will be staying elsewhere in January but if things remain improved I would be happy to return to Amber.

10 hours ago, Snowbird99 said:

All very encouraging. Staying  Amber last three weeks of January. 

Just wondering about noise at night. Any feedback gratefully received. 

No noise whatsoever. The soi is residential. Combine that with a super comfy bed. It all adds up to a good night's sleep

It appears there are a good number of single japanese girls staying here at the moment. Cute little bunnies. Sadly, they are not included in the rental agreement. 

Have you guys seen these towel racks? I don't remember it being here last year. Quit handy for drying towel and swim suites. 

17033088071221722575541547327959.jpg

Edited by SlowlyMan

38 minutes ago, SlowlyMan said:

Have you guys seen these towel racks? I don't remember it being here last year. Quit handy for drying towel and swim suites. 

17033088071221722575541547327959.jpg

I stayed in this hotel a month ago in the pool side room and didn't have it on my balcony. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been here a little over 3 weeks now. This is the first day housekeeping has been a no show. I hope we're not slipping back into old habits.

The staff rotated after the 1st. The new staff on this floor is inferior to the lady I had at the start. This one seems grumpy all the time and mumbles under her breath when I go ask for the 3rd towel I tipped her for and she didn't leave. 

Turn back service has been hit and miss. I get it 5 or 6 days a week. With no real pattern to it. Probably based on staffing. 

On 23/12/2023 at 13:01, Yagami Light said:

I stayed in this hotel a month ago in the pool side room and didn't have it on my balcony. 

It's very handy. I don't remember it last time either. Must be a new addition. 

• Like 1

On 17/12/2023 at 04:11, SlowlyMan said:

I was last here last year about this time. The hotel has improved measurably since then. Last year the hotel was looking tired and worn. It looks like they have made repairs and put on a fresh coat of paint. The place is looking pretty upscale. 

Last year housekeeping was a big problem. They seem to have that under control. My room has been cleaned by 9am every day so far.

The wifi is greatly improved. Both throughput and connectivity. I'm not sure if it's an equipment upgrade or just where my room is in relation to the equipment.

The staff was good last year, but they have been great this year. Happy cheerful people all around.

A new twist this year. If I bring a girl to the room and leave her ID with reception. When we leave, housekeeping has been coming up to freshen the room and change towels. Really nice not having to sleep in a wet 

How is the breakfast here and any recommendations on room type to book?

I stayed at Amber in September. I liked the place but had a real issue with the noise coming from the Xzyte area. Booming horrible music well into the early hours. I was at the back the opposite side to the swimming pool. Not read anyone else mention this. Is it not an issue now? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, footix said:

I stayed at Amber in September. I liked the place but had a real issue with the noise coming from the Xzyte area. Booming horrible music well into the early hours. I was at the back the opposite side to the swimming pool. Not read anyone else mention this. Is it not an issue now? 

Really?   I’d have thought the noise from Treetown would have been more noticeable.  Anyway, I stayed at a high level overlooking the pool and had no noise when the balcony door was closed.

16 hours ago, ruudebwoy77 said:

There are so many good places to eat within a 15 minute walk that I don’t see the value in breakfast at the hotel … I think it’s a single buffet breakfast. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, footix said:

In November the room facing pool was super quiet. Couldn't really complain and I'm a light sleeper.

On 10/01/2024 at 19:20, ruudebwoy77 said:

The food is tolerable, but just. Many, many better options just down the Soi. 

I always book pool view high floor. You have shade all day. City view has full sun in the afternoon. Making the balcony unusable. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/01/2024 at 11:43, footix said:

There must have been a special outdoor thing going on when you were here. I've been a month. I've heard no music except during the new year event. 

Housekeeping is definitely slipping back into old habits with late afternoon / evening room cleaning. And overall poor quality. Not emptying the trash. Forgetting to leave towels, etc. 

Too bad. I had high hopes for a while there. 

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, SlowlyMan said:

Housekeeping is definitely slipping back into old habits with late afternoon / evening room cleaning. And overall poor quality. Not emptying the trash. Forgetting to leave towels, etc. 

This is worrying. Unfortunately I have a non-refundable booking for next month. 

On 12/01/2024 at 07:06, SlowlyMan said:

Have you spoken to management about the Housekeeping issues?