IGNORED

SunFlour Village Eatery by Alex

I also went there for the first time today. Yes, interesting menu. I had The Boss steak and eggs. It was very good. Three eggs, a nice amount of picanha steak, roasted potatoes, tomatoes, onions and a toasted bread roll that was fantastic. Included juice or tea. 300 baht IIRC. Very happy. Will go back soon.

Besides my first experience which they forgot my drink and had to go in to remind them about it, took about 40 minutes for an iced tea.. no apology.

I regularly go there for breakfast, nice menu, service is usually good, food is pretty good, haven't had a bad meal so far. Am keen to try there other items on the menu later. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a delivery from them. They do the delivery themselves on Pratumnak and nearby for free. Contact them for charges further afield. They’re not on Grab etc just message them on Facebook or phone them.

I had a Caesar Salad with chicken and a California Cobb Salad delivered, both cost 220 baht and were excellent.

IMG_3835.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

IMO, currently the best pancakes in town since the Big Kahuna closed their business.

• 2 weeks later...

Went back this evening with a friend.

IMG_3902.jpeg

Chicken breast with creamy brown rice risotto.

Excellent once again. Too much for me really but I managed it 😊

280 baht including a soda.

Friend had pasta and salad and it was also excellent.

On 28/11/2023 at 16:15, G_Money said:

IMO, currently the best pancakes in town since the Big Kahuna closed their business.

I agree, yet to find somewhere that does better pancakes, keen to try the Bischoff ones. There bacon strips are great too with the pancakes.

Also tried there iced cappuccino, was really nice, the main girl doing the service is an absolute legend, her service is top notch. 

@article22 , @duke main and I frequent Sunflour.

They really have a nice menu for breakfast, lunch or an early dinner.

Like someone mentioned probably the best pancakes in town (Hemmingway's are decent too, but more basic)

The best bacon I have ever had in Thailand.

Really good, fresh coffee and baked goods.

There are not any Thai items, so just be aware if you bring a Thai girl.

Kind of a small/medium sized place, so I am a little worried about too many finding out about it.  555

My TGF and I had breakfast there yesterday. 

The owner appears to be European (guessing Spain due to the restaurant style and music) and his wife appears to be Filipina (English accent and grammar).

None of that really matters, it was more about information only, as they nice people and run a nice little cafe, restaurant.

The photos below are the #1 and #2 (the Cowboy), plus the shop, and s new sign that appeared near the register.  555

IMG_4615.jpeg

IMG_4617.jpeg

IMG_4618.jpeg

IMG_4619.jpeg

Thank you for the visit, 

my husband is American , i’m Spanish Filipina 😁 , please let me know when you visit us again and say hi ! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got to admit the food looks good and the prices are reasonable, they obviously have their reason for the 18.30 closing time but with that type of menu, it does puzzle me somewhat. I am guessing it may be family reasons, like to be in actual control for which I don't blame anyone, who wants to overwork and lose family time. When my friend is back in May we will definitely give it a try.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

they obviously have their reason for the 18.30 closing time

The owner did say on FB that the staff are there until 8pm but last orders are 6.30. I agree it’s a bit early but Pratumnak Soi 4 is really quiet in the evenings, unlike Soi 5, so I’m not sure there’d be a huge number of customers. When I walked up after eating here the Italian place nearby had a few customers and the Irish Wolfhound was, literally, one man and his dog.

The coffee place next door to Sunflour closes even earlier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, davidge said:

The owner did say on FB that the staff are there until 8pm but last orders are 6.30. I agree it’s a bit early but Pratumnak Soi 4 is really quiet in the evenings, unlike Soi 5, so I’m not sure there’d be a huge number of customers. When I walked up after eating here the Italian place nearby had a few customers and the Irish Wolfhound was, literally, one man and his dog.

The coffee place next door to Sunflour closes even earlier.

Cheers @davidgeit's an area I must explore more, as well as Jomtien as I may move to one or the other at the end of my current lease. I have to admit I have not been following PA quite as closely since I moved here beginning of November and without wanting to TF hope things have settled for you as I remember you were having a few difficult times.