Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jomtien immigration bureau launches new service

Leo_Bia

35 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

Informative article on Jomtien Immigration Office, from Barry Kenyon today.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/pattaya-jomtien-immigration-bureau-launches-new-service-442634

Pattaya-Jomtien-immigration-bureau-launc

36 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

Informative article on Jomtien Immigration Office, from Barry Kenyon today.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/pattaya-jomtien-immigration-bureau-launches-new-service-442634

Pattaya-Jomtien-immigration-bureau-launc

Glad it's so clear!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Coming from Barry Kenyon, that sign/flow chart is terrible.

• Haha 1

From the title I thought the service might be to pay the new tax bill. 

Edited by WhiteThai

Can someone explain that to me :D

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 3 months later...

Perfect example of why Thailand Immigration should hire some professionals from another country to

help them to organize their processes .  The best thing they do is waste peoples time . 

• Like 1

1. They need a way bigger property to handle the amount the traffic that location receives

2. They also need at least 1/3 more actual staff 

3. No wonder it's easier to just pay bit extra to get these services done for you 

• Like 2

They did ask me to fill out a feedback form on the service they provided. I couldn't help myself, I had to point out the spelling errors in their feedback form. 😅

To give credit where its due, my experience using the service at the  new facility was a big improvement on the year prior.

• Like 3

On 09/10/2023 at 14:26, Billy Shears said:

From the title I thought the service might be to pay the new tax bill. 

Sorry if I am being dense. I became a home owner during 2023. I think that I have some kind of tax bill coming my way, but am unsure how to receive/process it. Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, maxtroy said:

Perfect example of why Thailand Immigration should hire some professionals from another country to

help them to organize their processes .  The best thing they do is waste peoples time . 

Why would they want to do that when their jobs rely on the process not being too organized?  Kind of reminds me of the following quote.

Upton Sinclair — 'It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.'

Edited by Kale
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Sorry if I am being dense. I became a home owner during 2023. I think that I have some kind of tax bill coming my way, but am unsure how to receive/process it. Any thoughts?

You pay tax at City Hall which is near Terminal 21 , across the road from Tecso Lotus.

Bring the Channot if you don't have the actual bill and they will pull the info from the database, they are pretty helpful there.

46 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Firstly you are not the home owner..it is either your wife or possibly under a Company.

If its a Company then you must have your accountant do your taxes usually once/or twice a year.

If its your wife on the Chanoot, then she needs to go to the Jomtien Revenue Office (because of where your property is) with her ID and House Book. They will figure out the tax etc, and they will tell her whether to report once or twice a year. It is an easy process. 

2 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

A friend got this letter (I used Google Translate):

image.jpeg

He thought he’d paid the Condo Juristic to do it for him but obviously not (or they took the money and didn’t pay as they rip him off in other areas!).

The Condo would have reported who all the owners are to authorities, I’m sure, as well as the ownership being registered in any case. I don’t know how it works with houses.

Friends who own condos get the bill through the post.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

10 minutes ago, davidge said:

He thought he’d paid the Condo Juristic to do it for him but obviously not (or they took the money and didn’t pay as they rip him off in other areas!).

The Condo would have reported who all the owners are to authorities, I’m sure, as well as the ownership being registered in any case. I don’t know how it works with houses.

What gets me is the number of people who are looking to rip someone off in Thailand (farang & Thai)

29 minutes ago, davidge said:

image.jpeg

This is paid at City Hall as I mentioned in my earlier post, there is a dedicated office on the ground floor that processes this tax.

I had gotten the same letter in the mail and it sorted quite efficiently. 

6 minutes ago, Tchiowa said:

This is paid at City Hall as I mentioned in my earlier post, there is a dedicated office on the ground floor that processes this tax.

I had gotten the same letter in the mail and it sorted quite efficiently. 

Yes, he went there and paid it. Another friend lives in a different condo and he pays it to the Juristic and they do it for him. The friend who got the letter did it through the Juristic last year as well.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Wondering if this tax thing has a connection to 6mo "tax resident" rule. 

9 hours ago, thainet said:

Firstly you are not the home owner..it is either your wife or possibly under a Company.

If its a Company then you must have your accountant do your taxes usually once/or twice a year.

If its your wife on the Chanoot, then she needs to go to the Jomtien Revenue Office (because of where your property is) with her ID and House Book. They will figure out the tax etc, and they will tell her whether to report once or twice a year. It is an easy process. 

The house is owned by a company (LLC). I own 49% of the stock for the company and am the only person with voting rights. Our house is located in Huay Yai. Does the location change where we go to make sure that this is being properly handled?

Yes from other posts I know the area of your house. The Jomtien Revenue office is for Personal Tax reporting so if you are retired and wife not working then it won't apply to your situation (my mistake before).

But you must have an Accountant doing your Company taxes once or twice a year (he/she probably charges you 12-15,000 a year for this service).

So I would ask the accountant to check on whether any actual land tax is due, and have them do everything for you. She could incorporate this with your Company taxes on a yearly basis.

Hope this helps.

About payments to City Hall, my Condo' office will do it, but charge more than the bill.

One of my banks KrungThai do it for me over the counter.

10 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

The house is owned by a company (LLC). I own 49% of the stock for the company and am the only person with voting rights.

I'm interested to know how this is structured because Thai company structure doesn't permit this TTBOMK.

22 hours ago, Sloracer said:

They did ask me to fill out a feedback form on the service they provided. I couldn't help myself, I had to point out the spelling errors in their feedback form. 😅

They will never be able to get the spelling correct, for both British and American!🙄

People say to me "Pattaya is like Sodom and Gomera"

I say "it's not at all like that"

"Sodom and Gomera were mere prototypes, whereas Pattaya......"

13 hours ago, thainet said:

Yes from other posts I know the area of your house. The Jomtien Revenue office is for Personal Tax reporting so if you are retired and wife not working then it won't apply to your situation (my mistake before).

But you must have an Accountant doing your Company taxes once or twice a year (he/she probably charges you 12-15,000 a year for this service).

So I would ask the accountant to check on whether any actual land tax is due, and have them do everything for you. She could incorporate this with your Company taxes on a yearly basis.

Hope this helps.

I fired the accountant, as I was unhappy with the service level. Sounds like I need to look into getting a replacement.

2 hours ago, travelling_man said:

I'm interested to know how this is structured because Thai company structure doesn't permit this TTBOMK.

We had a lawyer set this up. Basically we bought all of the shares of an existing company that owned the house. We did this through a realtor and had a lawyer coordinate everything from our end. We had everything approved at the Bang Lamung land office and there were no problems.