IGNORED

Best Hotel Jomtien?

LOTTELLEE WINNA

I’ve recently become a bit bored with hotel locations around soi Buhakow, so I’m experimenting with other Pattaya locations. I’ve tried soi 5 Pratumnak (which I really liked), and I stayed last month on soi 7 at the excellent Globe hotel - another great location. For my Sep/Oct trip, I’m booked into Blackwoods on soi 7, but for my trip in November I’m looking to try Jomtien - somewhere with easy Baht bus access and handy for the bars around soi 7 and Rompho.

Just checking online, Fifth hotel looks good - a 4star hotel, located on soi 5 (so handy for all areas) and most of the rooms look like they have been recently refurbished. Priced around 1,800THB per night inc breakfast.

Anybody recommend the Fifth or indeed any other Jomtien hotel?

IMG_2274.jpeg

IMG_2275.jpeg

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

I tried it in February looking for a Jomtien hotel. The room and hotel were fine. Clean, modern minimal type room with firm mattress and a balcony with a couple chairs. Guests were ok but there were a lot of families on a weekend. I didn’t try any breakfast options.   Moved next door for a few nights to jomtien thani and I actually preferred there but it’s well past its prime and I will likely try something else for a few nights next trip.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, xc1 said:

I tried it in February looking for a Jomtien hotel. The room and hotel were fine. Clean, modern minimal type room with firm mattress and a balcony with a couple chairs. Guests were ok but there were a lot of families on a weekend. I didn’t try any breakfast options.   Moved next door for a few nights to jomtien thani and I actually preferred there but it’s well past its prime and I will likely try something else for a few nights next trip.  

Thanks for the feedback mate…appreciated.

I’ve actually just booked the Aiyara Grand just up the road with easy Baht bus access to Jomtien and walking distance to soi 5 Pratumnak - 950 THB.

IMG_2299.jpeg

IMG_2300.jpeg

IMG_2301.jpeg

IMG_2302.png

11 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Thanks for the feedback mate…appreciated.

I’ve actually just booked the Aiyara Grand just up the road with easy Baht bus access to Jomtien and walking distance to soi 5 Pratumnak - 950 THB.

IMG_2299.jpeg

IMG_2300.jpeg

IMG_2301.jpeg

IMG_2302.png

Probably too late now but I saw a post about Aiyara on FB yesterday from someone saying there are new noisy bars next to it and that it was full of even noisier Chinese guests.

• Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

18 minutes ago, davidge said:

Probably too late now but I saw a post about Aiyara on FB yesterday from someone saying there are new noisy bars next to it and that it was full of even noisier Chinese guests.

I think he's in Aiyara Grand on Pratnamuk Road just up from the thrappraya rd junction . Not the one at Hanuman cnr

• Thanks 1

@davidge @gusincebu…thanks for the feedback guys - appreciated. Yes it’s the Aiyara Grand at the top of Pratumnak Soi 6.

I don’t use FB, but been no mention of recent Chinese coach tours when I read the most recent various website hotel reviews. I know in the past that this hotel has had large tour groups…but AFAIK the recent lack of tourists from China has freed up bed spaces at the Airya Grand thus reducing prices. When I was last in town (3 weeks ago)…I didn’t see any buses as I walked past the hotel.

Oh well fingers crossed🤞 will do a review and let you know the outcome 😎

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

47 minutes ago, gusincebu said:

I think he's in Aiyara Grand on Pratnamuk Road just up from the thrappraya rd junction . Not the one at Hanuman cnr

Yes, I know. That’s the one I read about. 

35 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

@davidge @gusincebu…thanks for the feedback guys - appreciated. Yes it’s the Aiyara Grand at the top of Pratumnak Soi 6.

I don’t use FB, but been no mention of recent Chinese coach tours when I read the most recent various website hotel reviews. I know in the past that this hotel has had large tour groups…but AFAIK the recent lack of tourists from China has freed up bed spaces at the Airya Grand thus reducing prices. When I was last in town (3 weeks ago)…I didn’t see any buses as I walked past the hotel.

Oh well fingers crossed🤞 will do a review and let you know the outcome 😎

Hopefully it was a one off. It sounded like the bloke had been a regular at the hotel but this stay had persuaded him to look elsewhere next time.

• Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”