Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Can not ignore topics anymore, and ignored ones are back

ZRHuser

Title sais it all. Who was playing around with stuff he better would let be like they are. Please put the ignore function back into force. Forum is just unreadable like it is now.

Yes, please. The Ignore Topic button is vital. 

@Jebb is this a temporary thing so something more permanent? 

22 minutes ago, Garzan said:

is this a temporary thing

Almost certainly will be. 

On a positive note, a thing I noticed today was they're trying to deal with these pesky double++ posts. Those most often happen through no fault of the poster due to server problems. The error message I got was something like "please wait five minutes before posting again". It's a sensible thing. And I have no doubt ignore will be back soon. Even if we may have to re click our chosen threads. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

There must have been a software upgrade since the return to top button is missing also. They usually sort it out in due time!

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

11 hours ago, Garzan said:

I have reported it.

image.png

The fix the duplicate posting issue they had to turn a few other functions off, "Ignore " function was one of them. I have reported the issue and hopefully all will be good soon enough.

Please bear with us.

9 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

I think it is fixed.

I can see the Ignore button again. Thank you.

• Like 3

On 05/08/2023 at 20:19, Garzan said:

Absolutely vital, please let’s get it back!

Has it dawned on the developers that there’s no way to reverse it after you ignore a thread?  There’s no list of your own ignored threads to selectively switch one off, and once you ignore they also no longer appear in search results which is nuts. 

35 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Absolutely vital, please let’s get it back!

45 minutes ago, hioube said:

The button is gone again I think, can't do it anymore

They are still trying to fix the duplicate post problem and to do that they have to switch a few things off until it is fixed.

33 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

Has it dawned on the developers that there’s no way to reverse it after you ignore a thread?  There’s no list of your own ignored threads to selectively switch one off, and once you ignore they also no longer appear in search results which is nuts. 

Maybe try to flick the "ignore user switch" that way you can still read threads and particular users posts will not appear, unless someone quotes that particular post.

19 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

They are still trying to fix the duplicate post problem and to do that they have to switch a few things off until it is fixed.

Thank you for all amazing work 🙏

I have no idea how to ignore threads - where is or should this mythical time saving button? 

1 minute ago, Hamchang said:

I have no idea how to ignore threads - where is or should this mythical time saving button? 

This button is vital for my good health. My blood pressure is going through the roof!

1 minute ago, 1tooth said:

This button is vital for my good health. My blood pressure is going through the roof!

I know, dear. I spoke to my shrink about it, and he's written the PA mods an open letter about it. 

To the Administrators and Members of the Pattaya Addicts Web Forum,

Subject: Concerns about the Removal of the "Ignore Topic" Button and Its Impact on Mental Health

Dear valued community,

I am writing this letter as a concerned psychologist who has been made aware of recent changes to the Pattaya Addicts website, specifically the removal of the "Ignore Topic" button. As an advocate for mental health, I feel compelled to address the potential severe mental effects that this decision might have on the members of your community.

The "Ignore Topic" button has long been a valuable feature on online forums, including Pattaya Addicts, allowing users to filter out specific topics that may be distressing or triggering for them. This feature serves an essential purpose in maintaining a safe and supportive space for individuals with diverse backgrounds and sensitivities. Removing this option can inadvertently expose vulnerable users to content that may cause anxiety, distress, or even exacerbate existing mental health conditions.

Mental health concerns related to online communities are well-documented, and a lack of tools to manage and control one's exposure to certain topics can contribute to adverse effects. This may include increased feelings of helplessness, anxiety, and a sense of being overwhelmed. Furthermore, individuals who have experienced trauma or are struggling with mental health challenges may find it difficult to participate in the community if they cannot limit their exposure to triggering content.

In particular, I am concerned about the potential negative effects on members who are seeking a supportive and understanding environment to discuss their experiences and find camaraderie without unnecessary distress. The removal of the "Ignore Topic" button may inadvertently deter these individuals from participating in the community, further isolating them and potentially exacerbating their mental health struggles.

I strongly urge the forum administrators to reconsider this decision and reintroduce the "Ignore Topic" button. Providing users with the option to manage their content exposure is not only a responsible approach to maintaining a supportive community but also a proactive measure to protect the mental well-being of all members.

If there are concerns about misuse or abuse of the "Ignore Topic" button, it might be worth exploring other solutions, such as refining the feature's functionality or implementing moderation strategies that ensure a healthy balance between free speech and protecting members' mental health.

I applaud the efforts of Pattaya Addicts in fostering a sense of belonging among its members and recognize the positive impact online communities can have. By considering the psychological implications of website changes, you demonstrate a commitment to promoting a safe and inclusive environment for all users.

I am available to discuss this matter further and provide any assistance that may help to address these concerns and ensure the well-being of your community members. Together, we can create an online space that encourages healthy interactions and supports the mental health of all participants.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your thoughtful consideration and action.

Sincerely,

Dr BJ Freely
Licensed Psychologist

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Hamchang said:

When it's enabled, it's a red button near the top of a topic page about where I've scribbled in a large red button. 

Screenshot2023-08-08141245.thumb.jpg.a6071e48001f26a9ab821fdaefe3c018.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hamchang said:

I know, dear. I spoke to my shrink about it, and he's written the PA mods an open letter about it. 

Guess I'm lucky, I was born with tools to ignore; right at the tip of my fingers

2 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Maybe try to flick the "ignore user switch" that way you can still read threads and particular users posts will not appear, unless someone quotes that particular post.

I don’t have any users on ignore. 

13 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

I don’t have any users on ignore. 

Who said that? 

:WhoSaw1:

1 hour ago, Hamchang said:

spoke to my shrink about it, and he's written the PA mods an open letter about it

Superb stuff, thanks 😂 ai generated? 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png