IGNORED

Redeeming EVA Air Miles

ChiFlyer

A couple (?) of years back I shut down 2 US credit cards because they were a total pain in the butt to deal with when one lives outside the US. Before I closed the cards down I transferred any points to my EVA airlines account. I have never flown with EVA, but liked their schedules at the time to/from ORD. At the time I figured that sooner or later I would use them. Covid.

These points (not a huge amount at 42,000) will expire in a few months. I have no travel plans in that time frame. I am enjoying life well enough where I am at. Still I hate seeing something of value just bite the dust. I have been going through EVA's site and it appears the only thing they can be used for is reducing one's air travel costs on EVA. Am I missing something?

16 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

A couple (?) of years back I shut down 2 US credit cards because they were a total pain in the butt to deal with when one lives outside the US. Before I closed the cards down I transferred any points to my EVA airlines account. I have never flown with EVA, but liked their schedules at the time to/from ORD. At the time I figured that sooner or later I would use them. Covid.

These points (not a huge amount at 42,000) will expire in a few months. I have no travel plans in that time frame. I am enjoying life well enough where I am at. Still I hate seeing something of value just bite the dust. I have been going through EVA's site and it appears the only thing they can be used for is reducing one's air travel costs on EVA. Am I missing something?

You can also buy stuff from the EVA shop or transfer the points to another EVA/ Star Alliance member

10 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

It’s not the best FF scheme. I’d planned to use the points to reduce the fare next time, but their fares have gone up so much I’m not flying with them then. There are very limited hotels you can redeem points at as well.

Prior to Covid I used my Thai FF when using Eva as I could use the points for hotels in Bangkok. Thai have downgraded their scheme now as well though. I’ve just given the last of my Thai points to a friend for a domestic flight. Thai allow you to add anyone as a recipient.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

10 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

You could get one night in Bangkok

https://eservice.evaair.com/flyeva/EVA/FFP/hotelvoucher-travelecoupon.aspx?Counter=37&Mile=30000&Redeem=HOTEL

Or you could give them to me :Laugh1:

https://www.evaair.com/en-us/infinity-mileagelands/mileage-award-program/transfer-return-miles/

3 hours ago, davidge said:

It’s not the best FF scheme. I’d planned to use the points to reduce the fare next time, but their fares have gone up so much I’m not flying with them then. There are very limited hotels you can redeem points at as well.

Prior to Covid I used my Thai FF when using Eva as I could use the points for hotels in Bangkok. Thai have downgraded their scheme now as well though. I’ve just given the last of my Thai points to a friend for a domestic flight. Thai allow you to add anyone as a recipient.

My last return flight from Bangkok- London on EVA I booked one leg PE instead of both legs BC and then upgraded the PE leg to BC using 35,000 points/ air miles  reduced the ticket price from £3200 to £2500

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pheat said:

My last return flight from Bangkok- London on EVA I booked one leg PE instead of both legs BC and then upgraded the PE leg to BC using 35,000 points/ air miles  reduced the ticket price from £3200 to £2500

Once I fly back this time I’ll look to do similar for my trip after next.

I’ve booked Gulf for November but will look at Eva for next May/June

12 hours ago, davidge said:

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Got a similar suggestion to yours about the hotel on another board with the additional suggestion of getting a one year subscription to Forbes. I may well go this route.

@davidge if I cannot figure out what to do on behalf of my favorite person (me), I will indeed gift them to you. 🙄

11 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Got a similar suggestion to yours about the hotel on another board with the additional suggestion of getting a one year subscription to Forbes. I may well go this route.

@davidge if I cannot figure out what to do on behalf of my favorite person (me), I will indeed gift them to you. 🙄

Surely now that you’ve got married again your favourite person should be your wife?

1 minute ago, davidge said:

Surely now that you’ve got married again your favourite person should be your wife?

Yeah, yeah, for sure 🙄