IGNORED

DeBua Hotel - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Checked in earlier today. I pretty much agree with the comments prior. The photos in the post above are so close to what my room looks like as to make uploading mine redundant; the only real difference appears to be ducted air conditioning rather than an inverter unit.

If anything, there is more space in the room than is really justified - the furniture and fittings seem to swim in the room. I personally would have gone with a desk twice the size of what is there, and arranged the room so that the seating unit faced the TV.

Still, however, a comfortable bed and reasonably quiet so far, although I may re-evaluate once the evening is underway and music is playing.

I will update once I have checked out w/ my thoughts over the stay. 

TB-ES

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Blue-Eyed Sheikh said:

Checked in earlier today. I pretty much agree with the comments prior. The photos in the post above are so close to what my room looks like as to make uploading mine redundant; the only real difference appears to be ducted air conditioning rather than an inverter unit.

If anything, there is more space in the room than is really justified - the furniture and fittings seem to swim in the room. I personally would have gone with a desk twice the size of what is there, and arranged the room so that the seating unit faced the TV.

Still, however, a comfortable bed and reasonably quiet so far, although I may re-evaluate once the evening is underway and music is playing.

I will update once I have checked out w/ my thoughts over the stay. 

TB-ES

Enjoy your trip!

One thing on the a/c was the lack of a remote control. Also one night I must have laid funny with it blasting over me as I woke up with a very sore shoulder. Straight into Nemo's masage opposite once it opened, first customer of the day and a great back massage really helped.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I checked out this morning; some further thoughts / impressions:

The only outlet that doesn’t lose power when the key card is missing is the the one powering the fridge; if you need / want things to be powered on while you’re out of the room, it may be worth investing in a Thai power strip (to be fair, this is not something limited to the DeBua).

Internet can be a little quirky; never didn’t work, but some secure connections needed re-loads.

The key card detection could be quirky; it would sometimes cut out for a second or two in the middle of the night, noticeable mainly due to the aircon shutting off for five or so seconds.

Staff was very friendly and polite.

The sense of more space than was necessary only increased as the stay went on.

Housekeeping usually got to my room fairly late, 3:00 being a typical time.

The construction work on Soi 15 made getting to Second Road a lot harder than might otherwise be expected.

I used the laundry that was the first one south of the DeBua on the west side of Buakhao; can highly recommend.

As a last general statement, I wanted to like the hotel a lot more than I actually did. The price was / is right, and you get a fair amount for what you’re paying. Compared to the Page 10, for example, unless you’re absolutely wedded to eating breakfast in the hotel itself, you’re getting a better experience for about 30% less, at least for the dates I booked it. And yet I am not particularly inclined to book it for my next trip, at least at this moment. 

TB-ES

• Like 3

On 27/07/2023 at 19:18, The Blue-Eyed Sheikh said:

So I checked out this morning; some further thoughts / impressions:

The only outlet that doesn’t lose power when the key card is missing is the the one powering the fridge; if you need / want things to be powered on while you’re out of the room, it may be worth investing in a Thai power strip (to be fair, this is not something limited to the DeBua).

Internet can be a little quirky; never didn’t work, but some secure connections needed re-loads.

The key card detection could be quirky; it would sometimes cut out for a second or two in the middle of the night, noticeable mainly due to the aircon shutting off for five or so seconds.

Staff was very friendly and polite.

The sense of more space than was necessary only increased as the stay went on.

Housekeeping usually got to my room fairly late, 3:00 being a typical time.

The construction work on Soi 15 made getting to Second Road a lot harder than might otherwise be expected.

I used the laundry that was the first one south of the DeBua on the west side of Buakhao; can highly recommend.

As a last general statement, I wanted to like the hotel a lot more than I actually did. The price was / is right, and you get a fair amount for what you’re paying. Compared to the Page 10, for example, unless you’re absolutely wedded to eating breakfast in the hotel itself, you’re getting a better experience for about 30% less, at least for the dates I booked it. And yet I am not particularly inclined to book it for my next trip, at least at this moment. 

TB-ES

Outstanding feedback mate…you put into words some of the observations I made really well:

* The sense of more space than was necessary only increased as the stay went on. Yes weird…when entering my hotel I usually exchange pleasantries with the receptionist - you would have to holler as the desk is so far away…the entrance area has a massive, empty feel about it.

I wanted to like the hotel a lot more than I actually did. The price was / is right, and you get a fair amount for what you’re paying. Compared to the Page 10, for example…you’re getting a better experience for about 30% less….And yet I am not particularly inclined to book it for my next trip, at least at this moment. My sentiments exactly - from the first moment I saw this hotel (location/design/price), I hoped that it might be my ‘go to’ place…but like you I’m not sure why I’m so 50/50 about booking again.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/07/2023 at 16:09, Orgynizer said:

The "King Master" is really a mystery. Apparently nobody did ever stay there - despite the huge (?) jacuzzi (??)...  🤔

I still did not find any further information on the "King Master", but a video which shows the "Master", starting at around 3:30 minutes. Looks not very big for me... : 

Thank you for your review and pictures.

My opinion, judging only from report/pictures: Bathroom looks nice, rest not (for me). Way too small refrigerator, no wardrobe, no plates/spoons/forks, no microwave, nothing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

My opinion, judging only from report/pictures: Bathroom looks nice, rest not (for me). Way too small refrigerator, no wardrobe, no plates/spoons/forks, no microwave, nothing.

You need a condo......:wacko:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

Either a condo or a condotel (eg KTK or Amari Nova Suites)…these have kitchen and cooking facilities. Ordinary hotels rarely if ever have the cooking facilities you request.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody stayed in the superior rooms, and are those the ones on the front side of the building

Just asking as a live band plays in the bar across the street, so wondering if it's an issue.

On 16/08/2023 at 11:35, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Either a condo or a condotel (eg KTK or Amari Nova Suites)…these have kitchen and cooking facilities. Ordinary hotels rarely if ever have the cooking facilities you request.

One of the few is Sleep With Me hotel which has microwave, and a couple plates, bowls, spoons, forks and a slightly larger than average fridge. However the only chairs are hard wooden stools without backs, at least in the room I booked.

• Like 1