Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

DeBua Hotel - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

6 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Intro - A few months ago a mate and I were staying at the very up market amethyst hotel. From our rooftop pool area we often glanced over at the beautiful looking brand-new DeBua and wondered what it was like. So this time round, I decided to book the DeBua and to see whether it would match my expectations.

Location- If you want to be close to the action, then it’s hard to beat the location of this hotel . It’s right on soi Buhakow (about 150 meters south of LK). Great location for Treetown, Buhakow and LK Metro, plus Baht Buses running both ways up and down Buhakow.

Check-in - quick, easy and efficient, and you should note that you will be asked to leave 1,000 THB deposit when checking in, this is returned without hassle at checkout. I definitely give the DeBua a big thumbs up for allowing me to check in early (11.45 am), many hotels have a strict policy of making you wait till 2 pm.

Rooms - Are of a decent size (34 sqm), and are of a modern and minimalist format…the room design is funky and fresh. One big issue for me is that once again I find myself in a modern hotel room that has no closet, just a hanging rail. At least unlike some others, it does at least have some cubby holes where you can put your kit out of sight. For a ‘neat freak’ like me it’s bloody annoying having your kit spread out on random surfaces. There is a desk and chair, along with an L-shaped sofa. Rooms have decent size balconies with table and chairs.

There is a large ultra modern electronic safe, a glass fronted small size refrigerator and modern flat screen smart television. There also was enough power outlets to charge my devices. The rooms are opened by electronic cards and the key needs to be placed into the holder in your room to power the electricity.

The bathroom configuration was good, none of the fashionable sink in room nonsense. Toilet, shower and baisin all in the bathroom.  I really appreciated the black-and-white marble effect…nice design feature. The shower was one of the best I’ve ever had any hotel. A minor criticism was that the shower gel was empty…replaced by a tiny bar of cheap soap.

The room I booked this time was on a high floor, was spacious enough for me and had decent accessible balcony with two chairs and a view across the side of the hospital next door … not very scenic 😀 The bed was large and very comfy enough to sleep on (including the pillows). The AC worked well.

Extras - Appreciated free stuff like toothbrush and toothpaste.

Wifi - The WiFi signal is the best I’ve come across in the city, and no need to log in every day.

Breakfast - The breakfasts… well there aren’t any… no food at all…go figure 🫤

Facilities - The hotel has a beautiful rooftop swimming pool with sun loungers. Note there is no gym.  The hotel has a single, but speedy elevator, and I never waited more than a minute or so.

Customer Service - the staff are absolutely outstanding. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Everyone is very friendly and chatty.

Guest Policy - The receptionist is respectful to any guests you might invite back to your ‘loom’…no guest charges (for one visitor), ID cards must be handed in (a good thing in my view). Security is good and I felt safe and comfortable the entire time. If you do wish to bring guests to your room bypassing security, this might be done via the underground carpark and basement lift (not recommended though).

Cleanliness - The place is immaculate - clean as a whistle, the staff are fine in terms of giving you extra towels etc...as always guys consider leaving a daily tip on top of the bed, for the hard working cleaner.

Noise - This hotel is located right on soi Buhakow, so I guess it’s down to the room you have. As DeBua is right opposite the bars on Soi Boomerang, my recommendation is to book a high floor and ask to be at the rear or side of the building. I was at the side on the 7th floor (room 705) and found it to be quiet indeed. Also found no large groups of lads, or pissed up drama merchants screaming all night.

Price - I got this at the low season price of 1,400 THB (via an Agoda offer)…high season prices will (I guess) be 2,000+.

Overall -  In many respects this property is one that I really rated and will possibly stay again. One unusual aspect was that the place had a little bit of an unfinished feel to it. This is particularly true of the entrance which is empty, and cavernous - my guess is that they’re going to put a bar area in here, and to the left of the entrance there is another big empty room, which I’m guessing will be a restaurant. DeBua appears not to be one of those hotels that do tour groups, so no large groups of Indian lads, nor coach loads of Chinese. US, Aussie, European and Korean guests seemed to dominate.  

IMHO this is a good hotel for those who enjoy 3/4 star and who want to be near ‘the action’. As always, the booking of this hotel is price dependent. If you can get it at under 1500 low season and 2,000 high season, then my advice is to go for it.

Lottellee Winna Rating - 7/10

IMG_1977.jpeg

IMG_1978.jpeg

IMG_1979.jpeg

IMG_1982.jpeg

IMG_1983.jpeg

IMG_1984.jpeg

IMG_1985.jpeg

IMG_1986.jpeg

IMG_1987.jpeg

IMG_1988.jpeg

IMG_1989.jpeg

IMG_1990.jpeg

IMG_1997.jpeg

IMG_1998.jpeg

IMG_1999.jpeg

A question. If you compare to Amethyst. How will you rank it ?

Thank you

1 minute ago, neandertal13 said:

A question. If you compare to Amethyst. How will you rank it ?

Thank you

Amethyst is better in my view…I rate Amethyst 8+/10. It’s a very good luxury 4 star hotel, whereas the DeBua (no gym, no breakfasts, just a single lift) is ‘quite good’. As always price is a factor - I’ve seen the Amethyst as cheap as 1500THB nightly, but double that price at other times. So Amethyst is definitely my preference if you can get it at a decent rate.

Just booked it for my July trip, as the Amethyst wasn’t showing any king bed rooms available. 

Got it for 50 CAD a night on Agoda; Amethyst would have been half again as much if I had been willing to settle for twin beds. 

TB-ES

• Like 1

The safe is in the ideal position when you come home drunk as a skunk, robbing into the room on all four. Its right in your face, perfect hight.

In all other situations its a real pain in the ass as you have to go down low and probably need to activate your torchlight on the phone, because otherwise you see jackshit. 

48 minutes ago, ZRHuser said:

The safe is in the ideal position when you come home drunk as a skunk, robbing into the room on all four. Its right in your face, perfect hight.

In all other situations its a real pain in the ass as you have to go down low and probably need to activate your torchlight on the phone, because otherwise you see jackshit. 

Agree 100% crazy to put a safe down near floor level…try punching in your security combo peering at the numbers and bent double when pissed up 😤 

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, mark joseph123 said:

i went back down to reception saying where is the safe 🤣

It’s the latest hotel craze, it’s a new game for guests - ‘hunt the safe’ 😅

Another spot on review. Staying in Sept and the tip of a back room I will take onboard. 
Smart Tv is a nice option as I do like some YT on when I’m pottering around the room or in bed. 

Paid same price as yourself and if it was anymore I wouldn’t have booked. 

still believe best value for money 3 star in town is D hotel at 1100b a night. However a change is always good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, Clem Fandango said:

Another spot on review. Staying in Sept and the tip of a back room I will take onboard. 
Smart Tv is a nice option as I do like some YT on when I’m pottering around the room or in bed. 

Paid same price as yourself and if it was anymore I wouldn’t have booked. 

still believe best value for money 3 star in town is D hotel at 1100b a night. However a change is always good.

For me there was great value to this hotel relative to amethyst when I got junior suite back in february at 1400b/night( I think it was 17-1800b at amethyst for much smaller room than).  However, if this is the price of a standard room that may change depending on what amethyst/other prices are.  There is such a smorgasbord of hotel offerings in Pattaya until travel numbers get much higher than they were last trip that if it were not for my distaste of switching hotels every wk I would try many different ones - somerset and there was even another one south of there if you liked new properties.    I do think the newer the property the better the beds seem to be.  Having a restaurant/bar in hotel I stay at in Pattaya is a very low priority for me as there is just too many other places I like to eat/drink.

Have to say though that after having an apartment for the first time last yr this is yet another option that a person has to weigh in on as for a lower monthly price you can really get equal/better amenities to many of the hotels.  I do even like the idea suggested here of trying the Jomtien area as there is so much better and even cheaper selection of apartments up that way.  It actually could make sense using apartment as a base and travelling from there at my age/stage.  

• Thanks 1

Another good review and some good photo's too so thanks LW, looks a nice place but again the lack of storage space would make this place a no-no for me. I like drawers and a proper wardrobe/closet to hang stuff in, it seems one extreme to the other with hotels here, barely anywhere to put stuff in some, and enough drawers and wardrobe space for a family in others, everything else seems tip top.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent bed+wifi. Cannot underestimate how important these are to most these days.

Good sized pool.

Pretty good value, rooms start at around 1350 from reception and -50b daily discount for week stay.

For some reason they only sell 4 rooms to Agoda.

• Like 3

@LW: Thanks a lot for this great review 👍.

Did you by chance have a look into the "King Master" room?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Orgynizer said:

@LW: Thanks a lot for this great review 👍.

Did you by chance have a look into the "King Master" room?

Sorry mate, never saw the King Master room.

Thanks for taking the time to write a great review

This hotel is out of my budget range, but its in too noisy a location for me anyway  :), though the area is very central for those wanting the nightlife,. rather than being asleep by 11pm  :)

Those small box-fridges are no good for me, especially when you have to go down on your hands & knee's to get things out (not that you can put much in them of course )  :).

I always have a few big bottles of water, bottles of pop, fruit juice & of course plenty of beer, along with bread, meat, cheese, fruit etc

• Thanks 1

On 01/07/2023 at 07:15, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Sorry mate, never saw the King Master room.

The "King Master" is really a mystery. Apparently nobody did ever stay there - despite the huge (?) jacuzzi (??)...  🤔

• Like 1

Still only showing standard rooms on Agoda.

Is it still walk in's only to book any other type of room.

I'm struggling to get something reasonably priced for December 27- January 4.

This could be an option, currently £38 for standard

Edited by Ptquad

1 hour ago, Ptquad said:

Still only showing standard rooms on Agoda.

Is it still walk in's only to book any other type of room.

I'm struggling to get something reasonably priced for December 27- January 4.

This could be an option, currently £38 for standard

Pal of mine...and regular Patts visitor just stayed for 10 nights...he won`t be doing again....better alternatives he feels :WhoSaw1:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Pal of mine...and regular Patts visitor just stayed for 10 nights...he won`t be doing again....better alternatives he feels :WhoSaw1:

Fair comment one which few could argue with, there are indeed better out there. The Areca or Amethyst are better in my view…however you won’t get them at 1400 THB like you will the DeBua.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, petermik said:

4 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Fair comment one which few could argue with, there are indeed better out there. The Areca or Amethyst are better in my view…however you won’t get them at 1400 THB like you will the DeBua.

Amethyst is £54 over the same dates, Areca £51 for both types of room available.

The reason I'm looking at Debua, Is that the price is decent for those dates, not much going for under £40 a night.

I plan on staying at The Landmark BKK on the 4th for 3 or 4 nights, premier corner room, which I prefer to the suite.

I'm also booked for 7 nights in the Amethyst in August at £40 a night for the Premier king room.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ptquad said:

Amethyst is £54 over the same dates, Areca £51 for both types of room available.

The reason I'm looking at Debua, Is that the price is decent for those dates, not much going for under £40 a night.

I plan on staying at The Landmark BKK on the 4th for 3 or 4 nights, premier corner room, which I prefer to the suite.

I'm also booked for 7 nights in the Amethyst in August at £40 a night for the Premier king room.

The Amethyst is one you will be sure to enjoy…’simply outstanding’ was my reaction when I stayed there in February.  DeBua while being a decent hotel isn’t quite up to the same standard IMHO…but it is considerably cheaper.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

The Amethyst is one you will be sure to enjoy…’simply outstanding’ was my reaction when I stayed there in February.  DeBua while being a decent hotel isn’t quite up to the same standard IMHO…but it is considerably cheaper.

I'm not expecting it to be on the same level, I expect it to be more like the Amber, It's just that the price seemed reasonable for the week either side of New Year, It's coming up as non-refundable anyway so the search continues.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2023 at 03:05, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Overall -  In many respects this property is one that I really rated and will possibly stay again. One unusual aspect was that the place had a little bit of an unfinished feel to it. This is particularly true of the entrance which is empty, and cavernous

Jeez mate, is it still like that ?!!

For gawd's sake Debua, put some artwork up on the walls, potted plants here and there, something, anything !!

I've seen mortuaries with more charm and character than the entrance space of the Debua hotel. 😅😅😅

I took a look at the Debua during my march trip, and considering the price and its excellent location, its a very good choice.

However it wouldn't be my first choice, for the same reasons that niggled you about the hotel, which is why I opted to go across the road and booked at the Amethyst.

It was after reading ur excellent review of the Amethyst earlier this year that I booked a one night stay there, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the rooftop pool was fantastic and my room was modern and comfortable.

If memory serves me right, I paid 2200 bt including breakfast for a balcony room. I can't remember what room class it was {but it had a separate shower and a bathtub} but I do remember the postage stamped size of the balcony which overlooked the side of a building no more than ten feet away !!

I'm back in town again at the end of August for a month and the Amethyst has some crackin' promo rates running until the end of September, around the 1700 bt a night mark, so am considering a week's stay there {in a non balcony room} 

Thanks again for your excellent in depth review of both hotels, thoroughly enjoyed reading them.

Mr magoo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ptquad said:

I'm not expecting it to be on the same level, I expect it to be more like the Amber, It's just that the price seemed reasonable for the week either side of New Year, It's coming up as non-refundable anyway so the search continues.

Good post, very accurate comparison. I would agree that it’s on par with the Amber and around the same price.

• Like 2

I'll just add to this instead of starting a new thread.

Just got home tonight from a 19 night stay at this hotel. The blues are real lol

I had a front facing room (514) which I booked via line chat a few of weeks before and again confirmed a week before. I was a little bit nervous that I wouldn't have a room when I got there, but to be fair they had a print out of our line chat. I paid 1300 baht per night (discounted as over 14 nights). I did arrange early check in as I was due in Pattaya at 9am. That was an extra 600 baht. 1000 baht room deposit.

No idea what's going on with all the spare space in reception. Are they meant to be having a breakfast place in the big room on the left?

Room was great. Not loud at all in the day, only really heard the odd loud bike and the baht buses selling grapes and watermelons etc. Other than that you'd forget you were on a busy soi. The bar opposite did sometimes have some loud music but not too bad and the bar on the corner next to Playgirlz (The Spot?) had a band each night but it didn't bother me at all (I like a little bit of noise to remind me that I'm on holiday!)

The balcony gets a bit toasty after 3pm

The safe is in a bit of a silly position but again it didn't really bother me, likewise no closet doors. Great shower. Sometimes my shits didn't flush properly and the toilet blocked lol.

Pool is great, even if it's best that you take your own drinks. I was smoking a cheeky spliff or two up there and nobody said a word.

Staff are friendly. They have a little table set up at night to save you walking to the reception desk so your friend for the night can drop ID off.

I found the lift a bit slow or maybe I'm impatient lol

Location is very good with everything you could need within a minute or two walk and baht buses out the front.

One thing that did disappoint me was coming back to the hotel after breakfast towards the end of my stay I getting called over to reception for them to tell me I'd broken a cup. I hadn't and I didn't have a guest the previous night. I know for certain I hadn't broken one. I did use one each day for one of those electrolyte drinks and that was it, no tea or coffee was made in the room. 100 baht to be paid at check out. I think the cleaner must have broken it and blamed me, which pissed me off as I'd been tipping him 40-100 a day.

Ended up paying 50 baht when checking out lol.

There's every chance I'll stay here on my next trip if it's still 1300 baht for a front facing room.

20230715_131123.thumb.jpg.f1c2342c99f43fd84a0c4e63b09fcb1b.jpg

20230715_131146.thumb.jpg.029d74c0a25b45ddf91cce7b82b0a865.jpg

20230715_131137.thumb.jpg.b8549d6365d0ddecfd7d4d26886ba61f.jpg

20230715_131215.jpg

20230715_131202.jpg

20230715_131244.jpg

20230715_131241.jpg

20230715_131238.jpg

20230715_131232.jpg

Edited by daytripperz