Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Return flights cheaper than single fare in uk ?

nunchuck

Hi just looking at single fare from Manchester. To bkk.  At end of July   But it’s seems by at leased £100 cheaper to book return flight 

so can I just pick a random return date and just not turn up.  So I can get the cheaper return flight. 

thanks 

Anyone done this please.   Will be entering on  a 90 day o visa. Too 

Read the small print. Some airlines charge something for no show. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I guess you must be looking at agents fares? If you book direct with the airline it’s often more expensive to book a one-way flight compared to the first part of a return, but I’ve not seen a single be actually cheaper than a return overall.

I did a quick search on Kayak and singles were cheaper than returns???

Anyway, my advice would be to decide which airline you’d prefer, go to their website, and book a single with dates and times to suit you. Honestly, it’s not worth pissing around for a hundred quid or so.

Just look at Emirates or Qatar.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

34 minutes ago, davidge said:

I guess you must be looking at agents fares? If you book direct with the airline it’s often more expensive to book a one-way flight compared to the first part of a return, but I’ve not seen a single be actually cheaper than a return overall.

I did a quick search on Kayak and singles were cheaper than returns???

Anyway, my advice would be to decide which airline you’d prefer, go to their website, and book a single with dates and times to suit you. Honestly, it’s not worth pissing around for a hundred quid or so.

Just look at Emirates or Qatar.

Hi, no that was on Qatar website    But your right not worth pissing around for a few quid. 👍

prices more expensive than when I travelled last December. !! Going to be same price and I am only going one way lol 

thanks again for your help. 

On 25/06/2023 at 11:13, nunchuck said:

so can I just pick a random return date and just not turn up.  So I can get the cheaper return flight. 

DO NOT  do this!!!!  If you don't dhow up for the outbound flight, you will be hit heavily for additional fees on the return flight.

Instead book the flight from Thailand as your first flight, and the flight from UK to Thailand as your return flight.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, 1tooth said:

DO NOT  do this!!!!  If you don't dhow up for the outbound flight, you will be hit heavily for additional fees on the return flight.

Instead book the flight from Thailand as your first flight, and the flight from UK to Thailand as your return flight.

I think that he is in the UK and going to Thailand. It's the return flight that he would not use.

• Like 3

Booking direct with the airline (I've no idea about 3rd party agent bookings), its fine to book a return ticket, fly out & then miss the return flight home

You don't pay a fee for missing a flight. Tens of thousands of people miss flights every year

The No Show fee which is often mentioned, is for if you miss the flight, but still want to use the flight booking essentially & need to change the dates of the original booking. Paying the No Show fee & then changing the flight dates is cheaper than buying a brand new flight

If a return flight from UK to Thailand is cheaper than a 1 way one (very unusual but not unheard of), then you can buy  the return flight, & only travel 1 way

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1tooth said:

I believe you have this confused with having the rest of your flights on the booking cancelled, once you miss a flight on the booking (as you have to take the flights in the order you purchased them). 

It is fine to book a return flight, take the 1st flight, & then miss the return flight

• Like 3

Last year I knew I would stay longer than a month but I didn't know how long I would stay total (ended up being 5 months).

Basically, book a return flight and for your return flight ticket, pay the 'extra' for the ticket that has no refund penalty (tickets are often tiered).

Then just cancel your return ticket before it needs to be used and get your refund. I did the same with Emirates, the refund was issued the following day and then was back in my account a few days later.

Often for whatever reason, UK > BKK is cheaper to get a return ticket, especially for business. One way always works out more when you total the cost of both one way tickets, it's generally always more than the return fare.

You know the rules, Don't trust 'em, don't love 'em - And don't let 'em fool you.

7 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

I believe you have this confused with having the rest of your flights on the booking cancelled, once you miss a flight on the booking (as you have to take the flights in the order you purchased them). 

It is fine to book a return flight, take the 1st flight, & then miss the return flight

:YeahThat1:

You say you're entering on a 90 day visa, I'm led to understand that some airlines on your check in will expect you to show a valid ticket for a return flight or at the least a ticket to another country to show you intend to leave Thailand, they could refuse you boarding without, I did a 90 day last Dec, bought a 1 way from UK and cheap onward flight throwaway for return, but I was never asked for it.. there's a thread here somewhere on the subject,...good luck

Edited by BigLicks
Update information

2 minutes ago, BigLicks said:

You say you're entering on a 90 day visa, I'm led to understand that some airlines on your check in will expect you to show a valid ticket for a return flight or at the least a ticket to another country to show you intend to leave Thailand, they could refuse you boarding without, I did a 90 day last Dec, bought a 1 way from UK and cheap onward flight throwaway for return, but I was never asked for it..good luck

I flew with Eva last November and had a Non O (90 days). My return flight was over 90 days away but she just asked if I had a visa and that was that. She didn’t even ask to see the visa.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 minute ago, davidge said:

I flew with Eva last November and had a Non O (90 days). My return flight was over 90 days away but she just asked if I had a visa and that was that. She didn’t even ask to see the visa.

Yea same for me, but I had a cheap onward, just in case!

1 hour ago, BigLicks said:

Yea same for me, but I had a cheap onward, just in case!

So single or return.  ?   Getting more confused now.  Ether way not bothered now about cost. 

just want get on plane in uk 

8 hours ago, RRosenberg said:

Last year I knew I would stay longer than a month but I didn't know how long I would stay total (ended up being 5 months).

Basically, book a return flight and for your return flight ticket, pay the 'extra' for the ticket that has no refund penalty (tickets are often tiered).

Then just cancel your return ticket before it needs to be used and get your refund. I did the same with Emirates, the refund was issued the following day and then was back in my account a few days later.

Often for whatever reason, UK > BKK is cheaper to get a return ticket, especially for business. One way always works out more when you total the cost of both one way tickets, it's generally always more than the return fare.

Did you cancel on emirates web site. Or did you phone them 

3 hours ago, nunchuck said:

So single or return.  ?   Getting more confused now.  Ether way not bothered now about cost. 

just want get on plane in uk 

If your certain about your return date I would go for the return ticket and the peace of mind it gives, the cost cannot be that much difference to 2 singles, if you decide on a one-way as I did, because it left me open minded about my return date, then you could choose a return date and purchase a cheap(about £12) "onward ticket" just in case you encounter an awkward check-in person, I went on a 60day and extended 30 whilst there.......https://bestonwardticket.com/     or    https://onwardticket.com/

Am sure there must be examples but I've never seen a round ticket price out of the UK being cheaper than one way

Just glancing at Heathrow right now and if the average is £600 return its averaging around £450 for one way so 75%

• 1 month later...

Got this offer from Jacks Flight club this morning

365834270_803180061273869_7376450385850353588_n.jpg

live the life you love, love the life you live