IGNORED

How's the health in older age?

oldmanemu53

1 hour ago, Zackzzane said:

Anyone here train at Fairtex Muay Thai in Pattaya? I am considering booking a room there for the daytime...

I was there last week , very very very good trainers 5 rounds on the pads and they give you hell I’m back in pattaya next week and I’ll train there again . 

3 hours ago, trev007 said:

I was there last week , very very very good trainers 5 rounds on the pads and they give you hell I’m back in pattaya next week and I’ll train there again . 

Nice! I might see you there. I'm arriving on Oct. 30. How much they charge for 5 rounds?

6 hours ago, Zackzzane said:

Nice! I might see you there. I'm arriving on Oct. 30. How much they charge for 5 rounds?

600 baht , I felt it was really worth it 

Drank and smoked in my 20s but quit when I had kids early 30s. Sedentary life and put on weight slowly to around 290 by age 60  but have lost a bit during my 60s and now around 240 and hoping to reduce it. Doctor tells me I am pre diabetic and this is a cause of low T and ED. I notice the older guys in Pattaya videos on Youtube all seem fairly active/thinner on average compared to guys in the US.

2 hours ago, trev007 said:

2 hours ago, trev007 said:

Hell yeah, in Hawaii they charge 1500 baht for same

2 hours ago, elperro said:

I put on weight slowly to around 290 by age 60  (~132kg) but have lost a bit during my 60s and now around 240 (109kg) and hoping to reduce it...the older guys in Pattaya videos on Youtube all seem fairly active/thinner on average compared to guys in the US.

Obesity Rates by Country 2023 (worldpopulationreview.com) says, >The United States has the 12th highest obesity rate in the world at 36.2%...Diet is primarily to blame: fast, cheap, and filling options such as processed packaged food, fast food, and larger portions. This often leads to a diet rich in fat, calories, and sodium (the "butter, sugar, salt" trifecta) and low in vitamins and nutrients.<

I live in Australia where the same problems are all too visible.

Google says: Body mass index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on height and weight. It is calculated by dividing your weight in kilograms by the square of your height in meters. A BMI of 18.5 or less is considered underweight, 18.5 to 24.9 is considered normal, 25 to 29.9 is considered overweight, and 30 or more is considered obese.

I am 1.80m tall and weigh 72-73kg. The calculation is:

72/1.8x1.8 = 22.2BMI

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings, 

If you want to improve your health in Pattaya, my advice is to go to sauna complex and indulge in sauna, steam room and soak in cold pool for minimum 10 minutes! It will lower blood pressure, improve circulation, remove metals from your body, reduce inflammation and pain and improve your sexual performance!

Based on my visits to all the saunas in Pattaya, the best sauna is Sands Sauna in Pratunam Soi 5. I've been doing lots of research on benefit of Sauna and Cold Water Therapy, so if you have any questions,  I'm there every Wednesday and Sunday.  

• Like 2

Hang Loose, mongoose!

1 hour ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings, 

If you want to improve your health in Pattaya, my advice is to go to sauna complex and indulge in sauna, steam room and soak in cold pool for minimum 10 minutes! It will lower blood pressure, improve circulation, remove metals from your body, reduce inflammation and pain and improve your sexual performance!

Based on my visits to all the saunas in Pattaya, the best sauna is Sands Sauna in Pratunam Soi 5. I've been doing lots of research on benefit of Sauna and Cold Water Therapy, so if you have any questions,  I'm there every Wednesday and Sunday.  

Thank you for the recommendation of a nice sauna.  I enjoy them a lot.  It was very common to find these types of places when I lived in mainland China and one could spend an entire day there.  They also had foot and body massage (mostly legit) as well as dining options.....what a great way to spend  some "me time"