IGNORED

Help with STD / Infection

lamarrrr

About 3 months ago I had unprotected sex with a girl I met through Tinder in Pattaya. Next day I have white discharge and my scrotum is red and burning. Since then I did several STD tests, all came negative. Some doctors prescribed me antibiotics, which helped, only after 3 days of finishing the medication it would come back.

Now I'm back in Netherlands again visiting doctors and doing test, but every test still comes back negative. Tested for: chlamydia, gonorrhoea, Mycoplasma, Trichomonas, hiv, hep B, sifilis. 

The Dutch doctor does not know anymore, at least she does not think it's a STD. Maybe some lesser known STD ? Or another infection? Somebody maybe has an idea what it also could be?

welcome to the forum😀

sounds like you need to get another opinion  from another doctor

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I've always said if 4 pills (1000mg) of zithromax taken on an empty stomach doesn't kill it, time to worry.

Not a doctor obviously but white discharge sounds like some sort of bacterial infection.

Hope you find the answer soon.

44 minutes ago, lamarrrr said:

About 3 months ago I had unprotected sex with a girl I met through Tinder in Pattaya. Next day I have white discharge and my scrotum is red and burning. Since then I did several STD tests, all came negative. Some doctors prescribed me antibiotics, which helped, only after 3 days of finishing the medication it would come back.

Now I'm back in Netherlands again visiting doctors and doing test, but every test still comes back negative. Tested for: chlamydia, gonorrhoea, Mycoplasma, Trichomonas, hiv, hep B, sifilis. 

The Dutch doctor does not know anymore, at least she does not think it's a STD. Maybe some lesser known STD ? Or another infection? Somebody maybe has an idea what it also could be?

Change soap and wear baggy pants,  commado OFC, and you'll live to see another day

Been to a couple of doctors already. I found Thai doctors are trigger happy with antibiotics, so after he prescribed another one I flew home. But so far they have not found anything yet. 
But yes, another doctor would be the next step

6 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

Change soap and wear baggy pants,  commado OFC, and you'll live to see another day

Is this meant serious or as a joke?

6 minutes ago, lamarrrr said:

Is this meant serious or as a joke?

Serious. When a high number of STD turn out negative you have to look at the most obvious reason for irritated skin. If you are unaware of the various soap products; ask your pharmacy 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

Serious. When a high number of STD turn out negative you have to look at the most obvious reason for irritated skin. If you are unaware of the various soap products; ask your pharmacy 

ok thanks, will try that.

If you were/are suffering from anything else, chest infection etc, then your body does battle with this infection and leaves you vulnerable to lesser infections, such as a yeast infection (male Thrush) which loves hot sweaty environments, hence the no pants or baggy pants advice.

Thrush antibiotics or creams, Plenty of cleaning, warm water only until infection goes, can take many weeks and may return if you stop treating it too early.

I know this from experience.

Took about 3 months from return with treatment to clear, and had all the tests and same symptoms as you report.

Edited by hammerman
additional info

Be more assertive with the doctors and ask to be referred. Honestly, 9,999 times that white discharge is gonna be Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea, so any hack of a doctor is gonna treat you for that, and dismiss you as a whinger if you return. Seek out other doctors, or return to Pattaya. So many strains of STDs floating around in that small area, surely Pattaya must have the best STD doctors by experience. Don't forget to wash your hands after shaking hands with guys in Pattaya.

if you actually had the symptoms the next day after sex (so within like 12 hours of fucking), then it's afaik very unlikely to be an STD. i don't know of an STD that will show symptoms so quickly. 

just something to keep in mind. 

maybe an unrelated UTI? does it feel like the skin of the scrotum is infected or is the pain "inside" the scrotum? 

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

While I don't think it's consistent with your symptoms, you could also test for ureaplasma urealyticum - a bacteria that is often benign with carriers showing no symptoms. Doctors may not even bother treating it if detected, if there are no symptoms reported by the patient. It can cause symptoms in some people though, just not aggressive/rapid symptoms like the ones you described.

5 hours ago, hammerman said:

If you were/are suffering from anything else, chest infection etc, then your body does battle with this infection and leaves you vulnerable to lesser infections, such as a yeast infection (male Thrush) which loves hot sweaty environments, hence the no pants or baggy pants advice.

Thrush antibiotics or creams, Plenty of cleaning, warm water only until infection goes, can take many weeks and may return if you stop treating it too early.

I know this from experience.

Took about 3 months from return with treatment to clear, and had all the tests and same symptoms as you report.

Could be it. I had some trouble with thrush before, but thought it was cured.

And yes, before this I had a lowered immune system, so it does fit the story

2 hours ago, petehoax said:

if you actually had the symptoms the next day after sex (so within like 12 hours of fucking), then it's afaik very unlikely to be an STD. i don't know of an STD that will show symptoms so quickly. 

just something to keep in mind. 

maybe an unrelated UTI? does it feel like the skin of the scrotum is infected or is the pain "inside" the scrotum? 

Yes, it was the next morning I had the symptoms. The skin is fine, only some occasional redness, but nothing else, the pain is inside the scrotum

1 hour ago, sabato said:

While I don't think it's consistent with your symptoms, you could also test for ureaplasma urealyticum - a bacteria that is often benign with carriers showing no symptoms. Doctors may not even bother treating it if detected, if there are no symptoms reported by the patient. It can cause symptoms in some people though, just not aggressive/rapid symptoms like the ones you described.

Thanks, I have a look at it

9 hours ago, Kandinski said:

It could explain the redness around the scrotum

image.png

On 15/05/2023 at 13:59, Sanook4me said:

I've always said if 4 pills (1000mg) of zithromax taken on an empty stomach doesn't kill it, time to worry.

What STIs does Zithromax kill?

Does it clear both gonorrhoea and clamidia or what else?

good info to know in case of an emergency. 

2 hours ago, Fred Basset said:

I'm not a pro at pills, but afaik zithromax=azithromycin. So I had gonorrhea (or chlamydia, didn't figure it out) got 1g of azithromycin with cefixime 400mg(like in some national guidelines) and it didn't help at all. Had to go to walk-in clinic for getting right pills.

So in case of emergency like this, it's better to visit a doctor. 1000 baht or so.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hellave said:

I'm not a pro at pills, but afaik zithromax=azithromycin. So I had gonorrhea (or chlamydia, didn't figure it out) got 1g of azithromycin with cefixime 400mg(like in some national guidelines) and it didn't help at all. Had to go to walk-in clinic for getting right pills.

So in case of emergency like this, it's better to visit a doctor. 1000 baht or so.

If you don’t know what you have, taking Zithromax is a waste of time. It only treats certain conditions. It isn’t a one stop shop.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fred Basset said:

It might kill chlamydia but not gonorrhoea as both have mutated and are more resistant. Usually the Thai docs will look at your discharge and prescribe a shot in the ass (I forgot the name) and doxycyclin 200mg/day for7-14 days. There are other combinations but the docs specializing in STDs does not apply Zithromax anymore, but occasionally they give it as a combination. 

Pray that you never will be (mis)diagnosed with syphilis. Doc said to me just take the treatment while you wait for the test (7 days) which came back negative. But they push a shot in your hip muscle. Very painful and I could not fucking walk for 2 days. Not kidding, I had to drag myself out of the room for food. Lesson learned. In that case, wait for the result. 

I'd highly recommend PULSE Clinic and the docs there. The lab tests is expensive though (4410) but doc fee and meds are reasonable. The lab tests for 4410 is Dna of 17 different known STDs. These days I rather know what strain I have if I have something. A BM here has written about the Mycoplasma(?) one that are super difficult to treat. Sounds terrible.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Herbby said:

If you don’t know what you have, taking Zithromax is a waste of time. It only treats certain conditions. It isn’t a one stop shop.

I took gonorrhea treatment, and according to guidelines I read and leaflets that goes with pills, it supposed to kill chlamydia as well. Not gonna argue, I tried self treating and it was just waste of money.

All I wanted to say is self treatment is not the best option.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hellave said:

I took gonorrhea treatment, and according to guidelines I read and leaflets that goes with pills, it supposed to kill chlamydia as well.

When I caught both at the same time  several years ago back home in the UK i was prescribed 2 different antibiotics. 

1 for Ghon and a different  one for chlamydia.  1 taken the day I picked it up from the chemists and the other one the following day.