IGNORED

Where to buy Ozempic

nexus99

3 hours ago, The Hawk said:

Is it a replacement for metformin or glibenclamide, or do you take it in tandem?

It used on its own as a replacement for metformin when metformin is inappropriate, or in combination with other antidiabetic drugs (including insulin) if existing treatment fails to achieve adequate glycaemic control

• Thanks 2

There is a much cheaper version as a once a day pill, about a quarter of the price of injectable.  Basically blocks the hunger pangs.

What does it actually do, is it just an appetite suppressant or does it break down fat without exercise?

Appetite suppressant. No hunger pangs.

Pills - Phentermine 15mg

1 hour ago, Arnie85 said:

What does it actually do, is it just an appetite suppressant or does it break down fat without exercise?

It activates receptors in the part of brain (the hypothalamus) that regulates food intake and appetite. 

More specifically, clinical data demonstrates:

- reduction in appetite and hunger
- lower preference for energy-dense foods
alteration in food reward pathways
- decrease in food cravings
- improvement in eating control

The net contribution of these effects is an average body weight reduction of 15% compared to placebo (2.5%).

There are some claims that it can delay stomach emptying after a meal but this is disputed. 

Edited by George1234

Hi guys

I’ve been taking Ozempic for two months and one week.

I lost 14,5 kg so far.

The doses are weekly. First month 0,25 mg. Second month 0,5 mg. And this month i started the 1 mg dose.

Price in this part of Europe is 128 € (137 $) for one pen with 4 doses (1 month).

Still taking Ozempic you have to do an effort to lose weight but certainly it makes it easier. Now I don’t have anxiety when i feel a bit hungry so i don’t snack between meals.

Side effects: some diarrhea the day of taking the dose but nothing serious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LRanger said:

There is a much cheaper version as a once a day pill, about a quarter of the price of injectable.  Basically blocks the hunger pangs.

Privately, in the UK, the maintenance dose for oral semaglutide (Rybelsus) would be broadly similar in price to injectable semaglutide (Ozempic). Where is it quarter of the price? Thailand? 

6 hours ago, George1234 said:

Privately, in the UK, the maintenance dose for oral semaglutide (Rybelsus) would be broadly similar in price to injectable semaglutide (Ozempic). Where is it quarter of the price? Thailand? 

I take both glibenclamide and metformin with each meal, 3x a day M-F, 2x on weekends. The cost is negligible. Ozempic is quite expensive in comparison.

17 hours ago, George1234 said:

Phentermine 15mg $120Aud vs $400 or so - doctors prescription. A once a day pill vs injections. Seems to be having the right effect so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I 37yo have been on ozempic for several months now. As i stated in a previous thread its not prescribed for me but i am obtaining it from someone who has a script but doesn't want it.

My normal weight is approx 100kg if i have moderate effort on appetite/weight control. I work out 5 times a week and have seen my weight fluctuate up to 105kg with poor diet and down to 91kg with strict 'starvation mode' dieting. I am 188cm/6'2" and have a moderate amount of muscle

Ive never taken a larger dose than the starting dose .25mg. I started with taking it every 7 days @100kg and lost down to 95kg in a few weeks, then 0.25mg every 5days to get me to 90kg. If i lose more than that i start to get hungry and look gaunt so i prefer to be at 90kg. Right now im 90kg and pretty vascular but have a little bit of a "spare tire" of abdominal fat, i may try to lose it before my next trip but i dont mind where i am right now (i guess im at my "goal weight")

I didnt notice any weakness or muscle loss in fact i was breaking personal records during this time. I dont get nausea or any severe side effects. One thing i notice is that if i eat too much fatty food in a meal; for example half of a large pizza i will get severe diarrhea like my body is saying it doesn't want it in me and is getting rid of it as fast as possible.

When i started i had some intolerance to alcohol, but i now drink what i want (unfortunately) but i usually drink ~8beers max anyway. Too much of my diet is beer actually... if i wanted to change one thing to get more fit this would be it (but im happy where i am)

I feel those that are getting severe diarrhea or other symptoms are probably eating things that no healthy person should eat anyway and the medication is basically punishing you for your misdeed

Someone i know, 40yo Female is prescribed Liraglutide (saxenda-diff brand) and started at 110kg and is down to 90kg in less than 3 months. They dont tolerate alcohol on the drug. Its a daily injection, start dose 0.6mg range up to 3mg a day. They are on 1.5mg

I guess what im getting at is you dont necessarily have to take the full dose recommended by the drug companies... consider taking a lot less than they say

I personally think in ~10 years a good portion of the population will be on some form of GLP-1 agonist and we will all be looking at TV clips from these times and saying "that was before ozempic look how fat everyone is"

On 23/06/2023 at 04:19, ThePope said:

I personally think in ~10 years a good portion of the population will be on some form of GLP-1 agonist and we will all be looking at TV clips from these times and saying "that was before ozempic look how fat everyone is"

Interesting idea of a post GLP-1 agonist era. I think we are getting close to an acceptance that most people will not sustain significant weight loss in a obesogenic environment without pharmaceutical intervention. 

NEJM published this trial data last night:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJMoa2301972

Lilly have developed a triple hormone receptor agonist, Retatrutide. The drug combines agonism to three key hormones that influence eating and metabolism: GLP -1, GIP and Glucagon. At the highest dose, trial participants lost an average of 24.2% of their body weight over 11 months of treatment. Ozempic is around 15% of bodyweight which is good but not great.

If they can get this to market and the average weight loss is 25% over 12 months, that changes everything. Getting a 300lb person down to around 225lb would be very significant for morbidity and mortality. 

I am on Ozympic for diabetes.  I have lost some weight like 10-15 lbs.  But I suspect the dosage taken for weight loss is higher than actually for controlling type 2 diabetes.

My costs after Medicare/private insurance are lots lower than I'm reading here.  1 mg pen is about $25.  That's about 900 baht. 

When I was in Pattaya in February I had arrived without my prescription filled due to the diet craze putting pressure on supplies.  I went into Fascino on Pattaya Tai and asked.  They knew what it was and would order it.  I think they said 15,000 baht.  I passed.  I can control my diabetes with metformin and diet for 2 months thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

i received a promotion email from Pulse clinic today. Saxenda (liraglutide) daily injection 3 pens 5250b each, 13pens 4850b each. there is 18mg per pen, so if youre on start dose a pen is 30days, full dose is only 6 days. 40yo F i know went from 110kg to 86kg on a 1.2mg/1.5mg daily dose and is still losing weight after 5 months. 1.2mg/day =10k baht a month without coverage (probably save that in food costs anyway)

Im not sure how tight Pulse will be if someone reasonably fit goes in asking for it but ill be going there to get more Descoy/Truvada and a 3rd shot of Gardasil9 in a month so ill ask if they would sell it to me although i dont need it as ive built a collection of ozempic pens at a lower cost. Im sure that 5000b a pen or less will be the going rate in thailand for liraglutide though

9 hours ago, ThePope said:

i received a promotion email from Pulse clinic today. Saxenda (liraglutide) daily injection 3 pens 5250b each, 13pens 4850b each. there is 18mg per pen, so if youre on start dose a pen is 30days, full dose is only 6 days. 40yo F i know went from 110kg to 86kg on a 1.2mg/1.5mg daily dose and is still losing weight after 5 months. 1.2mg/day =10k baht a month without coverage (probably save that in food costs anyway)

Im not sure how tight Pulse will be if someone reasonably fit goes in asking for it but ill be going there to get more Descoy/Truvada and a 3rd shot of Gardasil9 in a month so ill ask if they would sell it to me although i dont need it as ive built a collection of ozempic pens at a lower cost. Im sure that 5000b a pen or less will be the going rate in thailand for liraglutide though

Daily injection?  Holy christ.  I'm on weekly. 

They took blockbuster drugs for weight loss and diabetes. Now their stomachs are paralyzed

By Brenda Goodman, CNN

Published 6:11 AM EDT, Tue July 25, 2023

https://us.cnn.com/2023/07/25/health/weight-loss-diabetes-drugs-gastroparesis/index.html

Joanie Knight has a message for anyone considering drugs like Ozempic or Wegovy, which have become popular for the dramatic weight loss they can help people achieve.

“I wish I never touched it. I wish I’d never heard of it in my life,” said Knight, 37, from Angie, Louisiana. “This medicine made my life hell. So much hell. It has cost me money. It cost me a lot of stress, it cost me days and nights and trips with my family. It’s cost me a lot, and it’s not worth it. The price is too high.”

Brenda Allen, age 42, in Dallas, Texas, feels the same way. Her doctor prescribed Wegovy for weight loss.

“And even now, being off the medication for almost a year, I’m still having a lot of problems,” Allen said in an interview with CNN.  She said she was at urgent care recently after vomiting so much she became dehydrated.

Emily Wright, 38, a teacher in Toronto, Canada, started taking Ozempic in 2018. Over a year, she said she lost 80 pounds, which she’s been able to keep off. But Wright said she now vomits so frequently she had to take a leave of absence from her job.

“I’ve almost been off Ozempic for a year, but I’m still not back to my normal,” Wright said.

The diabetes drug Ozempic, and its sister drug for weight loss, Wegovy, utilize the same medication, semaglutide. These and other drugs in this family, which includes medications like tirzepatide and liraglutide, work by mimicking a hormone that’s naturally made by the body, GLP-1. One of the roles of GLP-1 is to slow the passage of food through the stomach, which helps people feel fuller longer.

If the stomach slows down too much, however, that can cause problems. ….

Read full article in link

https://us.cnn.com/2023/07/25/health/weight-loss-diabetes-drugs-gastroparesis/index.html

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lovermand66 said:

Keep buying! Have have stocks in Novo…👍

I buy it.  But not to lose weight.  Although that would be a pleasant side effect.  😄

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.novonordisk.com/news-and-media/news-and-ir-materials/news-details.html?id=166301#

https://www.novonordisk.com/content/nncorp/global/en/news-and-media/news-and-ir-materials/news-details.html?id=166309

A very good month for Semaglutide (Ozempic) trial data. Further evidence of safety and additional cardiovascular benefit. 

It is unfortunate it is so much more expensive for Americans: 

image.thumb.png.38ee05f68cc9acedaf6c4a375394fece.png

• 2 months later...

I've taken Ozempic for Type 2 diabetes for about a year.  Before taking Ozempic, My A1C's were in the 7's. My last A1C was 5.1. My Doctor was estatic. She said to me, " Do you know how few T2 diabetics have normal blood sugar and normal HbA1C levels? "

In addition, I've lost 60 lbs and am still losing. However, I didn't begin taking it for weight loss. I took it solely for blood sugar control.  

Regarding weight loss, everyone keeps talking about the appetite suppressant and fullness effects.  That is true. I've experienced it. However, I feel there is one massive major point that the doctors, the manufacturer, the media, and all of you are missing:

The single greatest factor that determines body weight is insulin. Not exercise, diet, or physical activity. Those things only factor in if and when the body's insulin regulation is normal.

I consume many more calories today than when I was obese. Before taking Ozempic, I ate less and got fatter and fatter. Now, I eat more and continue to lose weight. Why? INSULIN regulation and balance. 

For me, exercise is all about mobility, stress and anxiety reduction and sleep regulation.  Again, for me, it has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss.

A lot of people won't like this post. It attacks many core beliefs and destroys everything people have falsely been taught about weight, diet, control, willpower and fitness. 

Edited by TDCNINJA

11 hours ago, TDCNINJA said:

I've taken Ozempic for Type 2 diabetes for about a year.  Before taking Ozempic, My A1C's were in the 7's. My last A1C was 5.1. My Doctor was estatic. She said to me, " Do you know how few T2 diabetics have normal blood sugar and normal HbA1C levels? "

In addition, I've lost 60 lbs and am still losing. However, I didn't begin taking it for weight loss. I took it solely for blood sugar control.  

Regarding weight loss, everyone keeps talking about the appetite suppressant and fullness effects.  That is true. I've experienced it. However, I feel there is one massive major point that the doctors, the manufacturer, the media, and all of you are missing:

The single greatest factor that determines body weight is insulin. Not exercise, diet, or physical activity. Those things only factor in if and when the body's insulin regulation is normal.

I consume many more calories today than when I was obese. Before taking Ozempic, I ate less and got fatter and fatter. Now, I eat more and continue to lose weight. Why? INSULIN regulation and balance. 

For me, exercise is all about mobility, stress and anxiety reduction and sleep regulation.  Again, for me, it has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss.

A lot of people won't like this post. It attacks many core beliefs and destroys everything people have falsely been taught about weight, diet, control, willpower and fitness. 

Good for you.  I've been on it a while now too and A1C is fine.  But I'm not seeing the weight loss you are.  Perhaps I wasn't as overweight to start with but I could stand to lose 25 pounds.  Maybe the will power thing is lacking on my part. 

One thing to be wary of when using ozempic is that you need to eat enough protein and lift weights while being on it. Could not find the study now, but as much as 30% of the weight loss was muscle in some cases, Where no resistance training was done while on it. Which means you will gain weight even faster once your off the meds due to reduced muscle mass. So if you are using ozempic you should definitely lift some weights to prevent muscle loss.

2 hours ago, w1lly said:

One thing to be wary of when using ozempic is that you need to eat enough protein and lift weights while being on it. Could not find the study now, but as much as 30% of the weight loss was muscle in some cases, Where no resistance training was done while on it. Which means you will gain weight even faster once your off the meds due to reduced muscle mass. So if you are using ozempic you should definitely lift some weights to prevent muscle loss.

I did not know that about the muscle loss.  I'm already there between age, surviving septic shock 5 years back, and lately a new hip which knocked me back for 2 months now.  Getting in the golf cart NOW to go to my gym.  Thanks.

(but the weights I move will be pathetically light compared to 10 years ago)

3 hours ago, madmike said:

I did not know that about the muscle loss.  I'm already there between age, surviving septic shock 5 years back, and lately a new hip which knocked me back for 2 months now.  Getting in the golf cart NOW to go to my gym.  Thanks.

(but the weights I move will be pathetically light compared to 10 years ago)

In a clinical trial of semaglutide, the active ingredient in Ozempic and Wegovy, researchers looked at loss of lean muscle mass in a subgroup of 140 participants. On average, participants lost about 15 pounds of lean muscle and 23 pounds of fat during the 68-week trial.

actually the weights don’t really have to be super heavy, from what I can see it’s about consistency of resistance-training to build or maintain your muscle mass. Best of luck. The most important thing is to train in a manner that keeps you free of injury, because the consequences will be high if you have to stop training for a longer period, so no ego lifting.

Edited by w1lly