Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Airport Queues

Stumpdog

15 minutes ago, Stumpdog said:

Is there a fast track for leaving?

Yes. It’s on the same level as the check-in desks, you don’t go up the escalator. Last time it took about 20 minutes or so for me to get through.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 minute ago, davidge said:

Yes. It’s on the same level as the check-in desks, you don’t go up the escalator. Last time it took about 20 minutes or so for me to get through.

Thank you. Do I need to book online or can it be done at the airport?

40 minutes ago, davidge said:

Do you happen to know if passengers 70 y.o. and over (not travelling business) can use this, in the same way as they can at arrivals, please? 

1 hour ago, Stumpdog said:

Thank you. Do I need to book online or can it be done at the airport?

I fly in Biz. Otherwise, you’ll need to pre-book with one of the companies that offer paid fast track.

44 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Do you happen to know if passengers 70 y.o. and over (not travelling business) can use this, in the same way as they can at arrivals, please? 

I’ve not seen a sign near it but, in theory, it’s the same as for arrival. It will probably depend on the member of staff stationed outside it. Sorry I can’t be more certain.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

59 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Yes, I used it for my last departure in March.

@petehoax Many thanks. I wasn't sure about arrivals.

Departing BKK I checked in at T desks and walked straight towards but past the escalator, security check and Immigration had no queues.

image.png.1a89c635b1fe5bc69b28b1d2d8758f2c.png

2 hours ago, Sac Les said:

"Is there a fast track for leaving?" Yes, I used it for my last departure in March.

I am a Senior. 

Always use the fast-track lane at both Immigration and at Emigration at BKK, Suvarnabhumi.

Immigration is always very quick, less than 3-4 minutes. I am usually in the Baggage Hall before my suitcase has reached the carousel: gives me time to visit toilet and to buy Thai SIM card, loaded into my mobile phone at sales booth.

Emigration OK but usually slower.

6 hours ago, Bazle said:

Yes, I have used the Fast Track Lane as +70yrs quite a few times both leaving and arriving.  

On 17/05/2023 at 23:09, Stumpdog said:

Is there a fast track for leaving?

If you fly Thai business or have gold card you can check in at very end of the terminal corresponding to door #1 of the curb

also other airlines should have a fast lane card  for privileged passengers,

2 hours ago, A6-GIV said:

If you fly Thai business or have gold card you can check in at very end of the terminal corresponding to door #1 of the curb

also other airlines should have a fast lane card  for privileged passengers,

Etihad always gave me fast track because of my gold status but Bangkok Airport told them that they could only give it to business travellers.

2 hours ago, reckless said:

Etihad always gave me fast track because of my gold status but Bangkok Airport told them that they could only give it to business travellers.

True, as BKK airport lets you access the fast track only by showing the business or first class boarding card. Thai gold might work, but indeed I always went in or out of BKK in business class so no need for me to produce any status.

4 hours ago, A6-GIV said:

BKK airport lets you access the fast track only by showing the business or first class boarding card.

Fast track is also available to other specified passengers including Seniors, Buddhist monks, pregnant women and others too.

There is a prominent board as you enter Immigration on arrival plus helpful officials to direct you.

Another metric to check; a google search under 'Suvarnabhumi'

Part of the search brings up google reviews, wiki entry and busy times.

Mon - Sun 9pm - 10pm is the busiest time.  Closed on Sunday.