IGNORED

Airport Queues

Stumpdog

Hi, anyone flown home recently and can give an update on the queues at Suvarnabhumi? Thanks in advance.

In and out two weekends ago with minimal wait.  

Not very useful though without knowing when you intend to fly in/out as wait times vary widely barring some big event like the ASEAN Summit.  

Better to check out inbound/outbound flights around the time of your intended arrival/departure, taking particular note of the aircraft types to get some idea of potential passenger loads, to develop a sense of how busy the airport will be when you intend to be there.  

Edited by momo5

4 hours ago, Stumpdog said:

Hi, anyone flown home recently and can give an update on the queues at Suvarnabhumi? Thanks in advance.

Flew home to Australia from Suvarnabhumi .

Web check-in for your flight 48 hours before departure means fast lane baggage drop-off and quick processing.

Seniors go into separate queues for passport and security screening. Follow signs/enquire.

Edited by Bonkabit

I flew out on April 11th and back in again yesterday, April 20th. Immigration lines were only about 10 minutes long both times. 

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

Been in and out fast during every trip since I first went in 2016...including covid and Thai pass with minimal delays.

Might be bad now and again, but I have never seen it. Kind of pointless to ask maybe you will be unlucky and get a bad day.

Edited by khwan

coming in at swampy you just never know. there are 2 things you can do prior to any possible queue

1. before you are stuck in your seat (on decent to bkk ) go take a piss on the plane so you don't have that delay after landing

2. put your legs in gear as you leave the plane and try and overtake as many travelers as possible on route to immigration. no point ambling along and being 299 th out of 300.

Edited by striderman
  • Like 1

3 weeks ago one of the escalators up to departures was not working - quite a queue guess 30 min +, but being aged off to the aged escalator (on the left near departures), guess 1 minute.

Also used by rich B********, Thailand respects money as well as age- would you Adam and Eve it?

On my 2 entries at BKK, aged queue non existent and IOs friendly.

They sometimes list the worst times on their Facebook page. 11-12pm is one of the worst times iirc. 

Came april 11' walked to second immigration and could choose from 4 empty booths, 1 minute and i was checked in, never that fast before

I was more interested in the queues going home and the report airlines were asking people to be at the airport 4 hours before their flight

3 hours ago, Stumpdog said:

I was more interested in the queues going home and the report airlines were asking people to be at the airport 4 hours before their flight

I just left last night, going through immigration about 9 PM.

No long lines. 

• Like 3

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Any updates on this please. 

I'm flying out on EVA tomorrow just after midday. 

Cheers 

Flew in today zero queue at immigration.  The airport was very quiet never seen it like this only in covid times. 

41 minutes ago, TaffBill said:

Any updates on this please. 

I'm flying out on EVA tomorrow just after midday. 

Cheers 

unless you're planning on cancelling your trip due to queues at arrival, don't worry about it...no matter how long you may be delayed, you'll be in Pattaya shortly after and it'll all be forgotten 😉 Safe trip

Whoops. Sorry. I'm flying out of Bangkok. Going home   😢

Heard it's been quite bad recently 

Always depend wich time is your flight

I passed in 2mn, no queue and the other time there was an 30 mn queue

There is a second immigration queue 250 m away from the 1rst one ... just ask, sometimes open and nobody there ...

Cheers mate but I'm leaving Bangkok. Not arriving 

Just an update from leaving Bangkok for London now. 

Flight leaving at 12.15. EVA AIR. 

Arrived 2 and a half hour's early at the airport. 

Airport was busy. 

Check in took 10 minutes. 

Security 10 minutes. 

Passport check 15 minutes. 

All good. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think Airport queues can depend on what time your plane lands.  So going through immigration can be quick or can take a little time.  I usually land at Suvarnabhumi airport around 07:30 and in the main there has been a lot of people wanting to get through immigration.  And because of my long trip from the UK and I've been doing the trip for many years.  I've got to the stage where I don't want to queue anymore.  So in recent years I have used Bangkok Airport Limousine to be Fast tracked through immigration.  A thai person is always waiting for me as I get of the plane and walks me to immigration.  And takes to an immigration desk that doesnt have a queue.  And then takes me to my luggage carousel.

for my last trip I used the company for arrivals and departures and it was great not having to queue 

Here is a link for anybody who is thinking of using this service

Bangkok Airport Fast track Immigration service with VIP Meet & Greet service. (limousine.in.th)

If I approach Immigration at BKK so the entrances are on the left, where is the dedicated entry for monk, pregnant, old and abnormal? TIA.

11 hours ago, bangna said:

If I approach Immigration at BKK so the entrances are on the left, where is the dedicated entry for monk, pregnant, old and abnormal? TIA.

my understanding is that you head to the fast track lane, which is between the two separate immigration areas. so in your case, you walk past the first immigration "entrance" and then go left: 
but no guarantee that this info is correct.
Bangkok Airport Arrival Procedure Suvarnabhumi Airport IATA Code

13 minutes ago, Stumpdog said:

Is there a fast track for leaving?

i didn't think so, but the following map shows fast track lane for leaving, so it does exist. i've never heard of someone booking it, but i suggest asking the companies that offer arrival-fast track (like the one linked above). see the priority lane / fast track on the right side close to check-in areas T & U:
20220823_bkk_dep_e.jpg

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.