IGNORED

EVA Airways from LondonHe

rajs123

Hello All.

I was wondering if any fellow BMs flew from London to Bangkok in economy class on EVA recently? I noticed that they went from 3-3-3 seating to 3-4-3, so was curious if the flight was still comfortable. I usually fly Singapore Airlines, but their flight prices are over 350GBP more than EVA's fare for December.

Emirates and Qatar airways fly the A380 on most flights from LHR to BKK, and while the flights must be comfortable, I cannot sleep on the A380 because of the large gap between the window and seat - I always book a window seat. So these carriers are not an option for me.

Thank you in advance for any feedback you have.

1 hour ago, rajs123 said:

Hello All.

I was wondering if any fellow BMs flew from London to Bangkok in economy class on EVA recently? I noticed that they went from 3-3-3 seating to 3-4-3, so was curious if the flight was still comfortable. I usually fly Singapore Airlines, but their flight prices are over 350GBP more than EVA's fare for December.

Emirates and Qatar airways fly the A380 on most flights from LHR to BKK, and while the flights must be comfortable, I cannot sleep on the A380 because of the large gap between the window and seat - I always book a window seat. So these carriers are not an option for me.

Is this the same plane they use. 

i have never personally taken EVA. I think it is not the shortest way to go to Bangkok but I have always heard good things from my friend. It seems that is good company. 

Recently flew EVA from BKK-LHR return..... faultless.

I flew Premium Economy, which seemed a great deal to me.....more legroom etc.

I did wander into Economy and it looked pretty densely packed.

On 14/03/2023 at 23:35, rajs123 said:

Have never heard of a passenger decling a motor because of too much room lol

• 1 month later...

Its just the pain we need to endure although on checking in two weeks ago to come back to the land of gloom i asked if there were window (my preferred) or aisle seats available and to my delight they gave me an exit window seat , no window or view but plenty or room in front of me 

On 14/05/2023 at 02:36, spider0064 said:

Its just the pain we need to endure although on checking in two weeks ago to come back to the land of gloom i asked if there were window (my preferred) or aisle seats available and to my delight they gave me an exit window seat , no window or view but plenty or room in front of me 

Can you not book seats in advance on EVA ?

27 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

You can in Business class immediately after you book.  Don't know about other parts of the plane.

You can always phone their office in London Euston and ask, or pop in if you are there, they are usually quite helpful.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

You can book anytime but economy seat selection costs £39.60 per flight for standard seats, more for extra legroom unless you wait until 48 hours before scheduled take off.

• Like 2

I flew with Eva about three or four months ago from London Heathrow to Bangkok and found it really good; in fact better than emirates.

I  booked an economy seat and was able to immediately pick my actual seat online. I didn’t pay extra, so was surprised.  That was booking directly on the Eva air website.

It may have been a short-term promotion? 100% I did not pay to select my own seat.

I cannot remember if it was a 3-4-3 seating plan, but the whole flight was no better or worse than any other economy seat I’ve sat in.  They beat emirates simply on the food and the fact they were bang on time. Must admit though that the entertainment system wasn’t quite as good as Emerites.

On 14/03/2023 at 23:35, rajs123 said:

Hello All.

EVA currently use their 77B model with 3-4-3 seating for LHR flights. The 77M and 77A are 3-3-3 layout.

Flight Information- 777-300ER - EVA Air | United Kingdom (English) 

10 minutes ago, mattmoore1965x said:

I flew with Eva about three or four months ago from London Heathrow to Bangkok and found it really good; in fact better than emirates.

I  booked an economy seat and was able to immediately pick my actual seat online. I didn’t pay extra, so was surprised.  That was booking directly on the Eva air website.

It may have been a short-term promotion? 100% I did not pay to select my own seat.

I cannot remember if it was a 3-4-3 seating plan, but the whole flight was no better or worse than any other economy seat I’ve sat in.  They beat emirates simply on the food and the fact they were bang on time. Must admit though that the entertainment system wasn’t quite as good as Emerites.

Interesting. Did you book last minute?

I have 3 pairs of flights with EVA this year, all booked direct on their website. 

Next one is this Thursday 18th so currently 75 hours time. The EVA app currently lists £39.80 for standard, £55.70 for rows 46-50, £135.30 for extra legroom seats. At present rows 68-73 are blocked off, they will be released later.

Edited by bangna

5 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

No I couldn't pre book my seat at no cost , there are different classes some which i believe allow pre booking but what i was really tempted to do after looking was to extend my trip a further month which would have only cost £45, Oh how i wish i had done that now sitting here i the land of gloom hoping summer will show itself sometime soon !!!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bangna said:

Interesting. Did you book last minute?

I have 3 pairs of flights with EVA this year, all booked direct on their website. 

Next one is this Thursday 18th so currently 75 hours time. The EVA app currently lists £39.80 for standard, £55.70 for rows 46-50, £135.30 for extra legroom seats. At present rows 68-73 are blocked off, they will be released later.

I’ve booked about six weeks in advance.

Maybe it was just a blip in the system, as I did book the cheapest option for both outward and return flights, but I could then choose my seat immediately, albeit the very front of the economy section was not available to choose.

As far as I could see on the flight itself, it was 100% full.

The only thing I want on a long haul flight (if it if I’m not in business class!) Is a window seat. I’ve never had a problem getting one, even when I haven’t booked in advance, as long as I just turn up to the check-in desk early before the flight and ask for one. 

i’m one of these people that like to turn up to the airport three or four hours early though, so there is no rush and I can sit and have food and drinks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/03/2023 at 08:49, KyleReading said:

Have never heard of a passenger decling a motor because of too much room lol

I prefer not to fly on A380's for the same reason. Flying economy.

Talking about the distance space between window and chair.  Lean against the window and your head, followed by your body gives way down the gap, straining your torso. Certainly can't sleep in that position. The reason why, is, it is more of an oblong air-frame shape so to accommodate the upper and lower deck, as opposed to the cylinder shape for a single deck. Also, takes longer to disembark from A380's.

I flew Eva in 2011 on a 777, it was comfy for economy. If they changed to 3-4-3, it's got to be tighter now. Are they still using 777's? Most 777's are 3-4-3 now.

Unless you are overweight I would not worry about it.

Edited by chris19713

• 2 months later...

how did your flights go?

I have just booked EVA for the end of February from LHR £717 direct with the airline. I haven't flown with them for 6 or 7 years but they were always good in the past.

Some years ago i switched to Thai and have mainly used them ever since but I paid £822 for my November trip with them (EVA over £900 when i looked)  and my impressions were from last February that the food (and service) had deteriorated since COVID.

After booking EVA i noticed the switch to 3-4-3 which isn't good news however you look at it! also there is no way i am spending £38 each way to reserve a seat i will just log on 48hrs prior to departure and reserve a seat for nothing.

2 hours ago, bobcat74 said:

how did your flights go?

I have just booked EVA for the end of February from LHR £717 direct with the airline. I haven't flown with them for 6 or 7 years but they were always good in the past.

Some years ago i switched to Thai and have mainly used them ever since but I paid £822 for my November trip with them (EVA over £900 when i looked)  and my impressions were from last February that the food (and service) had deteriorated since COVID.

After booking EVA i noticed the switch to 3-4-3 which isn't good news however you look at it! also there is no way i am spending £38 each way to reserve a seat i will just log on 48hrs prior to departure and reserve a seat for nothing.

I flew with Eva this year, no complaints and didn’t really notice the 3-4-3 difference.  I to have also flown either Eva or Thai for years, I go for which ever is cheapest really as i find the service, comfort and food the same, also the flight times are the same, (from LHR) only things that annoy me are Thai airways have little foot rests which my legs are to long for and they just hit my shins, and Eva now charge an extortionate amount for choosing a seat which you mentioned. 

• Like 2

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

• 1 month later...

Visited Pattaya 3 times in the last 6 months. 1st trip was Eva Premium Economy, 2nd Thai Business, 3rd with a bunch of lads - Eva Economy (though paid for the extra leg room). 

My 2 pence is that Eva Economy is ok if travelling with a group of friends. But in terms of comfort not great - even with the additional leg room. Seats are slimmer and just felt really squashed. Thai Business definitely not worth it especially when comparing to Eva Premium. Thai Business cabin is dated, and leg area when laying flat is ridiculously small. 

EVA Premium, and now my go to, is not that much more than economy, but the difference is massive. Large comfortable seats than recline to a good angle. Food was amazing. Comfort wise hands down the best, and highly recommended. Cabin also felt modern and service was much better than Thai.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I flew EVA premium economy last Saturday 23rd. Second time this year. Very good. Comfortable seats (I am a fat guy no complaints) Food good. In flight entertainment is okay. Other airlines are better. You can download a range of magazines and newspapers before you fly 

• Like 1

Hi Guys

Anyone know why Eva Flight BR68 on route to Bangkok on Saturday evening was diverted to Vienna airport.

Flight BR68 Bangkok to Taipei was cancelled 1st October

12 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Hi Guys

Anyone know why Eva Flight BR68 on route to Bangkok on Saturday evening was diverted to Vienna airport.

Flight BR68 Bangkok to Taipei was cancelled 1st October

That wouldn’t have been fun! I guess they put people on the flight from VIE to BKK later that day, if there was room for them all.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I flew home Xmas day so appreciated te 4 seats I had to myself 

Hopefully no one was on this flight from London to Bangkok via EVA Airlines. This is the article that @Rainsberger and @davidgeposted about.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2023/10/06/couple-mid-flight-argument-plane-divertion/71077388007/

Edited by robert6996
added more

Player in the Game of Life

13 minutes ago, robert6996 said:

Hopefully no one was on this flight from London to Bangkok via EVA Airlines. This is the article that @Rainsberger and @davidgeposted about.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2023/10/06/couple-mid-flight-argument-plane-divertion/71077388007/

You do have to wonder about the mentality of these sort of idiots. I think anyone like this should have a lifetime ban on flying on any airline, you just can't put flights at risk with this sort of behaviour.

9 hours ago, tt2008 said:

You do have to wonder about the mentality of these sort of idiots. I think anyone like this should have a lifetime ban on flying on any airline, you just can't put flights at risk with this sort of behaviour.

I think they both should be held responsible for the cost of the hotel rooms, and any other expenses that EVA had to pay for all the other passengers and crew to spend the night in Vienna, plus a lifetime ban on EVA.

• Like 1

Player in the Game of Life