IGNORED

Sutus court hotel-a question

Pattaya_mad

Stayed at Sutus 1 for 23 nights recently. 

At first I didn't like it because my room was facing Bukhao and there was some loud karaoke going on outside. Honestly thought I was gonna need to change room. However, some simple silicone ear plugs from the pharmacy fixed the problem and other nights it wasn't as noisy. Definitely isn't quiet though. 

Ended up growing on me. Room whilst tired and old was clean and perfectly adequate for my needs. It was very large and the bathroom was absolutely massive. Shower great too. Brilliant location near LK Metro and Soi Boomerang. TT changer and 711 directly opposite. Cheap Charlies next door. Nice balcony to sit on too and dry clothes. There was often a man selling freshly squeezed orange juice for 20 baht from a cart directly outside the hotel. Delicious. 

Safe behind reception was never an issue as I have a lockable suitcase anyway. Can drop keys off at reception too to avoid carrying them with you. 

Staff were good too. They never check girls IDs though or call you to check if the girl can leave. As I primarily hunt on TF this is probably a bit risky but I actually like not having to wait for the phone call after the girl has left. 

Only one lift - often full of guests. Absolutely boiling hot inside the lift too. Would instantly develop a sweat as soon as I left the room. Cleaners from Myanmar, no English or Thai. Bit awkward at times. not sure if this is the case in other hotels

For the price I paid it's a bargain and I'd go back. I stayed in Adelphi first trip and I don't think it's worth the premium over Sutus 1. 

Only thing I didn't like was there were often loud Russians shouting loudly in the corridors and playing music loudly through the paper thin walls. Not the hotels fault if guests can't act civilised though. 

• Like 2

On 16/03/2023 at 06:31, docbunsen said:

It's a few years since I was there but from memory :

Sutus 1 is above the restaurant and reception on Soi Buakhao, front rooms face Buakhao and back face the pool. Rooms are the most modern and have decent walk in shower. I found the building noisy though but that said it was high season and full. There is a lift in this block.

Sutus 2 is on the left as you pass through the back of 1. You can gain access to the 1st floor via the lift from Sutus 1. 2 does not have a lift of its own but only has ground, 1st, 2nd floors. Rooms are a bit dark but quiet. The block runs to meet Soi  Lengkee so if you were at that end it may be noisy in the last couple of rooms. Showers are walk in but electric so they're not great but serviceable. There used to be a jacuzzi pool and terrace on the 1st floor joining blocks 1 & 2.

Sutus 3 is at the rear of Sutus 1 , there is a swimming pool between the two blocks. Pool gets little sun and is cold but it's big and never busy. The rooms I've not used but they looked dated but were very popular and had repeat visitors. There is a lift in this block.

Sutus 4 I think this is on the side of 3 but I have never been in them.

Sutus 5 is opposite 2 and the cheapest block. There is no lift and I think it has ground, 1st and 2nd floors. These are small budget rooms but again get repeat visitors.

You can book direct with hotel  http://www.sutuscourt.com/

what3words app:     https://what3words.com/funny.fields.secures

Sutus 1  share.evoked.digress

Sutus 2  picked.folk.sailing

Sutus 3  informs.abruptly.sweeping

Sutus 4 origins.copied.sizzled ( im not 100% on this but think im right )

Sutus 5 thuds.mash.pulled

I used Surus 3  in the past ,it was average with dormitory style rooms 

13 hours ago, Wiley Coyote said:

I used Surus 3  in the past ,it was average with dormitory style rooms 

As I said , I've not used 3 but it looked dated. I've not stayed at Sutus this trip but I pass there every day it has a strong following, alot of repeat customers year on year. It's not for everyone but every block was fully booked over Christmas through to mid Feb when I tried to get a room.

15 hours ago, DD Rick said:

Stayed at Sutus 1 for 23 nights recently. 

At first I didn't like it because my room was facing Bukhao and there was some loud karaoke going on outside. Honestly thought I was gonna need to change room. However, some simple silicone ear plugs from the pharmacy fixed the problem and other nights it wasn't as noisy. Definitely isn't quiet though. 

Ended up growing on me. Room whilst tired and old was clean and perfectly adequate for my needs. It was very large and the bathroom was absolutely massive. Shower great too. Brilliant location near LK Metro and Soi Boomerang. TT changer and 711 directly opposite. Cheap Charlies next door. Nice balcony to sit on too and dry clothes. There was often a man selling freshly squeezed orange juice for 20 baht from a cart directly outside the hotel. Delicious. 

Safe behind reception was never an issue as I have a lockable suitcase anyway. Can drop keys off at reception too to avoid carrying them with you. 

Staff were good too. They never check girls IDs though or call you to check if the girl can leave. As I primarily hunt on TF this is probably a bit risky but I actually like not having to wait for the phone call after the girl has left. 

Only one lift - often full of guests. Absolutely boiling hot inside the lift too. Would instantly develop a sweat as soon as I left the room. Cleaners from Myanmar, no English or Thai. Bit awkward at times. not sure if this is the case in other hotels

For the price I paid it's a bargain and I'd go back. I stayed in Adelphi first trip and I don't think it's worth the premium over Sutus 1. 

Only thing I didn't like was there were often loud Russians shouting loudly in the corridors and playing music loudly through the paper thin walls. Not the hotels fault if guests can't act civilised though. 

Agreed, for my first month I stayed in an Adephi premium room and whilst I had no complaints it just wasn't worth the extra cost. I tried to get a room in Sutus when I extended my stay  but to no avail. Sutus suits longer stayers needs in my opinion, if I were on a 2 week trip I'd up my budget.

17 hours ago, DD Rick said:

Cleaners from Myanmar, no English or Thai. Bit awkward at times. not sure if this is the case in other hotels

I've stayed at Sutus Court a couple of times in the past year and found 'they' don't train their Burmese staff very well so I took it on myself. Had to explain with the photo below what the Do Not Disturb sign meant. 555

>>not sure if this is the case in other hotel

Not seen it anywhere else but there's a Burmese enclave around that area. The Roti lady in front of the 7/11, etc., all Burmese.

Screenshot_20231111_102628_Google.jpg