IGNORED

Sutus court hotel-a question

Pattaya_mad

On Booking.com this hotel is listed as Sutus court 1 to 5,  I am well aware that it as some new modern rooms now, but I`m also aware that some rooms are dated and past their sell by date.

How do I know what the  numbers for the new building(s) are?

Cheers.

Edited by Pattaya_mad

I've stayed in 1 and 3.  1 is the refurbed rooms in the front building on soi Buakow.  3 is the building set back by the large swimming pool.  Rooms in 3 are older, but I liked it better.  To be fair I don't spend much time in the room.  As long as it has a good bed, cold a/c and hot water I'm good.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, tko said:

I've stayed in 1 and 3.  1 is the refurbed rooms in the front building on soi Buakow.  3 is the building set back by the large swimming pool.  Rooms in 3 are older, but I liked it better.  To be fair I don't spend much time in the room.  As long as it has a good bed, cold a/c and hot water I'm good.

I stayed there once in 1 as you describe it it was a walk in so i didn`t know the number, was  quite a few years back. it was quite a tired looking room and the safes were located behind reception which I`m not a great fan of. 

Is that still the case?

Edited by Pattaya_mad

I stayed in Rooms 1 and would describe the rooms as spacious, well maintained and clean. Unless you insist on a 4/5 star this is all you need for a monger. Sutus 1 rooms cost the most out of the 5 but not expensive. I am booked in this Xmas and whilst not my first choice I noticed accommodation costs are up this year and they offer good value.

I have not stayed in the other rooms but I would only consider Sutus 1, some of the other rooms look dated or poor light to me. 

I think its 200 baht for a 3rd guest but might be worth checking that, 2nd guest free of course. Downside is the safes behind Reception for all rooms.

Edited by chris19713

2 hours ago, chris19713 said:

think its 200 baht for a 3rd guest but might be worth checking that, 2nd guest free of course. Downside is the safes behind Reception for all rooms.

Yep... last month I paid 200 for an extra lady  ... so still the same. But if she knows the room number she could just walk in and disappear into the lift . I like SC 1 .. 40 sq meter room... yeah I'd rather have a safe in the room but I've had money stolen from a room safe and never had a theft from the boxes behind reception in SC1 in 6 years or more and sometimes 3 different months a year, although last month I found my box padlocked when I went to get something from it ! I called the main guy in and he said a drunken guest must have put in on my box by mistake ... they had to get the maintenance guy to cut the lock with an electric saw... I stood watch over the whole operation and made sure everything was intact. It was... a bit strange as most boxes have 2 small keys with the number of the box on each for the door of the box and this was a single padlock with no markings whatsoever . Stressed me for a few minutes I must say. 

It's a few years since I was there but from memory :

Sutus 1 is above the restaurant and reception on Soi Buakhao, front rooms face Buakhao and back face the pool. Rooms are the most modern and have decent walk in shower. I found the building noisy though but that said it was high season and full. There is a lift in this block.

Sutus 2 is on the left as you pass through the back of 1. You can gain access to the 1st floor via the lift from Sutus 1. 2 does not have a lift of its own but only has ground, 1st, 2nd floors. Rooms are a bit dark but quiet. The block runs to meet Soi  Lengkee so if you were at that end it may be noisy in the last couple of rooms. Showers are walk in but electric so they're not great but serviceable. There used to be a jacuzzi pool and terrace on the 1st floor joining blocks 1 & 2.

Sutus 3 is at the rear of Sutus 1 , there is a swimming pool between the two blocks. Pool gets little sun and is cold but it's big and never busy. The rooms I've not used but they looked dated but were very popular and had repeat visitors. There is a lift in this block.

Sutus 4 I think this is on the side of 3 but I have never been in them.

Sutus 5 is opposite 2 and the cheapest block. There is no lift and I think it has ground, 1st and 2nd floors. These are small budget rooms but again get repeat visitors.

You can book direct with hotel  http://www.sutuscourt.com/

what3words app:     https://what3words.com/funny.fields.secures

Sutus 1  share.evoked.digress

Sutus 2  picked.folk.sailing

Sutus 3  informs.abruptly.sweeping

Sutus 4 origins.copied.sizzled ( im not 100% on this but think im right )

Sutus 5 thuds.mash.pulled

Edited by docbunsen
  • Like 1

A shame this thread isn't in the hotels sub-forum as some great information on it for people looking for a cheap central hotel

4 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

A shame this thread isn't in the hotels sub-forum as some great information on it for people looking for a cheap central hotel

Mods are quite welcome to move it. 

I have stayed several times at Sutus Court,but always Sutus 1.

I always had a room overlooking the pool.Usually floor 3 or 4.

Always happy with my stay and would use it again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been staying in Sutus 1 since 2012. Never had a problem there.

Staff are great.. Cleaning is good. If you tell them to fix something, it will be fixed quickly.

On 07/04/2023 at 12:12, kontakt6 said:

Been staying in Sutus 1 since 2012. Never had a problem there.

Staff are great.. Cleaning is good. If you tell them to fix something, it will be fixed quickly.

An in room safe is a must for me, do they have them in Sutus 1?

2 hours ago, Pattaya_mad said:

Not when I stayed there a few years ago. I don’t know if they’ve since addd them, but my guess would be no.

On 16/03/2023 at 03:44, Pattaya_mad said:

Mods are quite welcome to move it. 

Done!

12 hours ago, Pattaya_mad said:

According to the website all rooms have a safety box.

Testicles

3 hours ago, Shuggy said:

Yes, but it could mean that all rooms have access to the safety box at reception as opposed to an in-room safe. At least that's how it was when I stayed there in the past.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shuggy said:

The reason I don't consider staying here is because they don't have safes in the room  :)

4 hours ago, bgtp said:

Yes, but it could mean that all rooms have access to the safety box at reception as opposed to an in-room safe. At least that's how it was when I stayed there in the past.

I think you are correct  :)

4 hours ago, bgtp said:

If that’s so, while maybe not technically false, I think it’s misleading..   I don’t remember which hotel, but there was a case years ago of such safety boxes located at the front desk being robbed, I think with the connivance of hotel staff. Then again, the in-room safes aren’t really as foolproof as some might think either. 

On 11/04/2023 at 22:33, Pattaya_mad said:

No in room safe. Only behind the reception and they are small. 

Edited by kontakt6

• 1 month later...

I went to Sutus court 3 about 4 years ago. The room was very clean and spacious but there were not a safe

• 2 weeks later...

I would think the safe behind reception would be more secure than one in your room, I'd presume they have cameras on reception. I've booked for September and hoping boxes are big enough for a laptop.

Thanks for the explanations between 1-5 I've booked 1 and just looking notices 3 is at same address I  had a bit of a panic I'd booked wrong hotel or location.

Edited by atst
add

On 29/05/2023 at 06:44, atst said:

I would think the safe behind reception would be more secure than one in your room, I'd presume they have cameras on reception. I've booked for September and hoping boxes are big enough for a laptop.

Thanks for the explanations between 1-5 I've booked 1 and just looking notices 3 is at same address I  had a bit of a panic I'd booked wrong hotel or location.

Safeboxes behind reception are not big enough for a laptop.

But in pattaya I ever let my laptop in the room, thieves are not looking for such a big thing that cannot be hide in a poket / a hand bag - they are more interested by cash / credit card / passport / phone.

On 16/03/2023 at 13:39, jaynewcastle said:

Never stayed there but it is in a very good mongering location and can be had cheaply compared to many others 

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif