Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Blocked IP?

Thomaz73

There was some sort of update the other day. When the site was back I couldn't access. Just a white page that says "Forbidden". However, if I'm on a wifi there's no issue at all. I'm betting it will resolve itself as dtac assigns me a new IP every so often. But it was pretty annoying. I'm also curious as to why something like that could happen. Have I used the site to the extent it looks like a ddos attack? Boring screen shot 

Screenshot_2023-01-12-21-19-27-47_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.0aa5486ad16e330c4a6007dd24b20722.jpg

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

There was some sort of update the other day. When the site was back I couldn't access. Just a white page that says "Forbidden". However, if I'm on a wifi there's no issue at all. I'm betting it will resolve itself as dtac assigns me a new IP every so often. But it was pretty annoying. I'm also curious as to why something like that could happen. Have I used the site to the extent it looks like a ddos attack? Boring screen shot 

Screenshot_2023-01-12-21-19-27-47_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.0aa5486ad16e330c4a6007dd24b20722.jpg

There was some spamming issues after the most recent upgrade so some settings were changed which MAY be causing what you are seeing. Will have it looked into.

Testicles

Thanks, mate! I can give you the specific IP if you're interested. But curious to see what happens when dtac assigns me a new one. 

I have that same issue, a 403 Forbidden error message if I try to log in via my home ToT fiber connection. If I VPN to Bangkok, using the same ToT connection I'm able to get in fine, it's only without VPNing somewhere that I get the 403 Forbidden error. 

1 hour ago, Gonetothedogs said:

I kept getting a “checking this website is secure” message yesterday when browsing to PA

That would be a different issue. And maybe a result of whatever security software you're running. 

1 hour ago, Garzan said:

have that same issue, a 403 Forbidden error message if I try to log in via my home ToT fiber connection

Kinda happy to learn I'm not alone. Asked in the PA line group and no one else had an issue. Very sad feeling :)

• Like 2

Nup, the forum has spoken.   They are trying to get  you off without hurting your feelings

• Haha 2

The agent from the kgb resolved the issue. Good stuff, thanks! 

Sadly not for me yet. I'm still getting a 403 Forbidden error on ToT broadband unless I VPN to somewhere else. With no VPN 403 Forbidden. With VPN all is okay. 

Using True data from my phone all has been okay all along. 

20 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

I kept getting a “checking this website is secure” message yesterday when browsing to PA

Ha! Now I'm getting that one as well. Slightly annoying. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Had the same message for the last 2 days. Takes a couple of secs to clear then all normal. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Garzan said:

Sadly not for me yet. I'm still getting a 403 Forbidden error on ToT broadband unless I VPN to somewhere else. With no VPN 403 Forbidden. With VPN all is okay. 

Woohoo! Working now without a VPN. All back to normal for me everywhere. Thanks to the IT team. 🙂 

Interesting that in somewhat similar time window-couple of days back- I had similar problem with Charles Schwab on both app and webpage. But I never had an issue with PA.

With Schwab I switched to VPN, and everything worked smoothly. I switched off my home wifi and went with mobile data (no VPN) and also had no problem.

For some reason Schwab decided it no longer liked talking to my home wifi.

Technology, right?😋

• Like 2

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

21 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Have had the same today, three or four times, so far...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barhop said:
22 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Have had the same today, three or four times, so far...

Same just now, AIS mobile Android Chrome. 

I'm getting it too. Maybe big brother is tracking us? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

0CFE16FC-AFB6-4EFF-AD27-77D84E5BC0A1.png

I'm getting the same message. Given we're all running different configurations I'd guess it would have to be an issue from the PA site.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sloracer said:

I'm getting the same message. Given we're all running different configurations I'd guess it would have to be an issue from the PA site.

True. Must be part of the recent update. Another aspect of it is you can't react to a post if it's time to check. I imagine the same would be true if you've typed something up and trying to submit. That could be extremely annoying. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Another aspect of it is you can't react to a post if it's time to check. I imagine the same would be true if you've typed something up and trying to submit

Just to answer my own post :) This just happened. Submitted a post and got the secure check thingy. No problem. The post was saved and all good. So it remains only a slight annoyance. 

7 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

It's annoying but it's not actually a problem.  PA like many websites is using a Content Delivery Network (CDN) called Cloudflare that does a lot of security checks and protections to keep the website "up" and available for as many of us as possible.  The messages are usually an indication that there's some extra protections or mitigations being automatically added to deal with a large volume of "bad" traffic across their CDN.  It will slow down or terminate the bad stuff and mildly inconvenience the rest of us.

Really nothing to worry about whatsoever.

Bummers. I'm back to getting that 403 Forbidden error if I try to access PA via my home ToT connection. If I VPN somewhere (Bangkok, Hanoi, Taipei, etc) it all works fine. No VPN is an immediate 403 Forbidden on a screen refresh. 

Its still being worked on guys. Please bare with us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Testicles